“magnificent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Komaneka at Tanggayuda

Save Saved
You added Komaneka at Tanggayuda to your Saves list
Komaneka at Tanggayuda
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Banjar Tanggayuda, Kedewatan, Ubud, Bali 80571, Indonesia   |
Offers & Announcements
BOOK DIRECT US$350NET
Ranked #3 of 119 hotels in Ubud
“magnificent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

5 stars is not enough for this place.we had a private pool villa...just beautifull.the staff are all polite , friendly and can't do enough for you.our thanks go to eva, a very special lady .
We had seven nights in this resort.a more enchanting you will not find.

k

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

862 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Crewe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I stayed at Komeneka Tanggayuda at the end of the trip travelling around Bali and Lombok and chose it as a chilled out location to relax. I definitely chose the right place.

It's a little out of Ubud, which was perfect for me as it was so quiet, but Ubud was easily accessible with the free shuttle.

The room was just gorgeous, with my own plunge pool and garden, and even a volcanic rock bath surrounded by my own koi pond! They didn't charge extra for me ordering my breakfast and other meals to my room, and the food was just amazing, and not expensive at all.

The staff were so friendly and accommodating also.

I can't recommend this hotel more highly.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Lahore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Ubud was the last leg of our 3 destination Bali Honeymoon, and what a great way to end our trip in September 2013. The Komaneka's have a wonderful personal feel to them. We stayed their for three nights. We had a beautiful large room with an outdoor tub, a plunge pool and all the amenities of a 5 star hotel.

We had a beautiful view of the valley from our room, which was stunning and very relaxing. In the morning we would have breakfast either outside on the daybed next to our pool or at the restaurant overlooking the valley, either way breakfast was a fantastic experience and always felt very healthy (the fruit platter and banana bread were great ways to start our day). The service throughout was fantastic, i have an artificial leg and on the days i would enter reception tired and, without asking, a member of staff would always escort me down.

Small things like the exchange rate is very good so you do not need to go to a money changer, they reconfirmed all our bookings with the airlines and also helped make our reservations in Hong Kong. They also handled all our restaurant bookings for us and helped us plan out our sightseeing tours. Due to our the inclusions this was the first time in my life i have left a hotel without paying ANY extras.

I would like to thank all the staff for making this honeymoon absolutely fantastic. But a special thanks to the manager Mr Aadi who for such a busy manager (he heads all 4 Komaneka properties) always had time to help and advise. 2 things in particular i would like to thank him for are i) arranging a beautiful dinner for my wife and I in our room next to the pool with lanterns and flowers decorated throughout and ii) arranging an INCREDIBLE massage for us at the Komaneka Bisma, right next to the river...... WHAT AN EXPERIENCE!!!!
the very 1st night, although the whole staff had always been friendly, he added an extra top. He helped me organise a surprise dinner for my wife in our room overlooking our person

I would like to point out that the Komaneka's do not feel as sanitized and corporatized as other Big Chains in Bali, which also means that his has its quirks but there are far far more positives. I only have two gripes firstly i think apart from the breakfast the food standard needs to be lifted and secondly, I think they should offer a butler service (like other Bali chains) which helps you pack and unpack. WOULD JUST BE THE ICING ON THE CAKE!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

This hotel is just perfect … We have travelled to many places before and have experienced a lot of good hotels, but this one is BY FAR the best. Everything is just perfect :

- First of all, the staff is unbelievably friendly. They are so nice that sometimes I just would like to hug all of them :-) I have NEVER experienced something like this before (just EVERYTHING is possible).
- The rooms / villa’s are perfectly clean and with a finish that is impeccable (you should see the showers, so beautifully constructed).
- The food… Why bother to go out for dinner when there is a chef that can cook so wonderfully? Moreover, the prices are very good (half the price of a decent European meal).

I arrived here after a stay in the Four Seasons in Sydney. Also a good hotel, but not so good that it would stimulate me to write a review about it. For the Komaneka Tanggayuda, I want to take the time to review, as the people working there should get all the credit in the world for giving their guests the best time ever. During my holidays I normally think a lot about work, but over here, it is just not possible. I just want to enjoy all that this hotel has to offer. The only mistake I did was to book this hotel as the first one on my Bali trip… I am afraid the rest of the hotels will be a serious step down.

Thanks Komaneka !!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

What an incredible place - we are so glad we used TripAdvisor to choose this hotel to stay in Ubud for part of our honeymoon.
It really is an absolute treat from start to finish, fantastic staff and excellent service.
The room we had was a Premiere Pool Valley with incredible views over the jungle - completely private with no other rooms overlooking.
It was massive ! Absolutely huge area beautifully decorated with a mix of traditional furniture and modern luxury amenities. The 4 poster bed was just gorgeous and we had flowers upon arrival :) We loved the dressing area where we each had our own wardrobe space and basin/mirror :) 2 showers to choose from (inside/outside), a huge bathtub and glass windows throughout looking over the wonderful views.
The pool was a great size - large enough to do some laps and relax overlooking the valley, it really is spectacular and like a dream !
We opted for the honeymoon package which included a candle light dinner by our pool one night - really memorable and something we will always treasure. The massage we had at the spa was also one of the best I have ever had !
We made use of the free shuttle bus into town and also loved the afternoon tea & cakes - we always got excited to see what treasures were on offer !
The breakfast menu was extensive and beautifully done - all food from the restaurant was of a high standard and the best thing I found was it wasn’t ridiculously priced - this place is fantastic value for the level of service and luxury on offer - don’t miss out !
We will be back !

Room Tip: Definitly worth paying more for a pool villa - our room 106 was completely private
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We stayed 4 nights at Tanggayuda. Very relaxing beautiful grounds, 2 affinity pools .Stunning valley view villa with little extras as fruit, biscuits and clean night dress every day. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff they remember you straight after check in. Afternoon tea served daily in restaurant by pool or in your villa. We visited all 4 in the Ubud area enjoyed a wonderful massage at the Bisma- you can avail yourself to breakfast or afternoon tea at any of them. About a 25 min drive out of Ubud town but a very efficient shuttle service ran up until 8pm going and 10.20pm returning. They will even drop and pick you up en route. Some secrets you would like to keep but that wouldn't be fair- you will not be disappointed!!

Room Tip: Vally View Villas the Premier ones are glorious!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I stayed at komaneka tanggayuda last year with my husband for our honeymoon and we loved it!
We booked the villa with a private pool, overlooking the paddy filed terrace. The room was prepared accordingly to make it more romantic. The bed and bathroom was filled with rose petals, we even got a welcoming cake congratulating us for the honeymoon, and it was quite delicious! The villa actually had a bigger swimming pool downstairs with the view of the paddy field which felt also like our own private swimming pool since no one else used it beside us :)

The staff were also friendly and helpful. Since the villa is located around some paddy field and some local houses, you can walk around the area in the morning for jogging or just for a stroll. Just ask the staff for the map area. The villa also provide free jacuzzi at the spa area, you just need to go the spa area and ask the staff. The only let down was the spa treatment. Since i'm a spa-holic, i think the treatment could be better for the price (it was not cheap, trust me). But overall it was a pleasant stay. Would definitely come back and try other komanekas in ubud.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Komaneka at Tanggayuda? Share your experiences!