“Fantastic - true Bali” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Komaneka at Tanggayuda

Save Saved
You added Komaneka at Tanggayuda to your Saves list
Komaneka at Tanggayuda
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Banjar Tanggayuda, Kedewatan, Ubud, Bali 80571, Indonesia   |
Offers & Announcements
BOOK DIRECT US$350NET
Ranked #3 of 119 hotels in Ubud
Tarnow
“Fantastic - true Bali”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My wife and I spent a wonderful holiday in Komaneka. My wife was in an ecstasy of a private swimming pool we had at our room.
By the way: great food, friendly service, clean.

You will be pleased, not unless you pick on everything ...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

885 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Bangkok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Ubud can get quite packed with day-trippers from the beaches so we chose a hotels a little outside the main center. I was the right decision. Not that there is something wrong with the center of Ubud but it does get a little touristy, especially in the afternoon. If you are going to Ubud for the lovely scenery then Komaneka at Tanggayuda is perfect.

I booked a regular suite but when I arrives, the staff offered me a really good deal to upgrade to a pool villa. I looked at both room types and the rooms are actually the same. But the pool villas do have a nice plunge pool and also a better view of the valley. So I did take the upgrade.

The rooms are lovely. Not chique or boutique but very nice. Bathrooms are huge.

The food is really nice too. Breakfast is not a buffet but a four course meal that you can choose from a menu. There is also free afternoon tea with Indonesian snacks at the cute bar above the pool with stunning views of the valley.

The pool is super nice tool. The main attraction being the stunning views of the green lush valley.

I travelled during the rainy season but it usually just rained in the evenings or at night. There are often Buddhist festivals on Bali so the staff recommended I visit a nearby temple. It was a fascinating experience. I also rented a car with a drivers to explore the volcano with it’s beautiful crater lake. We also visited a spice plantation where I could sample all sorts of coffees, cocoas and teas.

Room Tip: Pool villas have the best views
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I originally wanted to stay at Komaneka Monkey Forest, but "settled" for this further, out-of-town option as the one at Monkey Forest was fully booked. But it turned out to be a wonderful blessing in disguise! Its secluded, quiet location means no sound of traffic or crowds. The view by the pool is picture perfect and just having afternoon tea (which is complimentary) by on the terrace overlooking the pool is simplly inspiring. Service is impeccable and the staff are always ready with a smile. While the location is a bit far from the shopping district, the shuttle service is prompt, hassle-free and convenient. And the spa was very nice too!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Stayed in the pool villa for a weekend break, was really impressed with the resort upkeep, service, location, layout...everything was really thought of carefully. Great resort for a quiet retreat, and to experience the magical Ubud. The resort itself is about 2 hours from Ngurah Rai airport, but once arrived, the excellence of the place really shines. Had a brief tour by mas Dewa, who was attentive and really helpful. Also spent some time at the spa, it was really good. Breakfast has a few selection of set menu, not a buffet...but was good, didn't mind that at all. Housekeeping was also excellent, very clean and showed attention to details.

Overall, we had an amazing time. Will definitely visit again, perhaps to the other Komaneka chains in the area.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
melbourne, australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This was our second stay at a Komaneka resort... Two years ago we stayed at Komaneka Bisma and were thoroughly impressed. So when planning our return visit this year our only choice was between returning to Bisma or trying another of the Komaneka properties... I am so glad we chose Komaneka Tanggayuda!

The property is smaller than Bisma but its size makes for a far more intimate experience - this resort feels more like a favourite boutique hotel - the kind you stay in once and return to time and again when ever you're in that city - or indeed the kind you would visit a place just to go back to the hotel.

The staff, like at all Komaneka properties, remember your name, ask about your day and want to make you feel welcome in every way possible. They prefer for you to think about their resort as a home away from home and at Tanggayuda I believe they have managed to achieve this.

Here are the things that you would expect from a 5 star Ubud property that you get with Komaneka Tangayyuda:

A visually stunning property - architecturally designed in a paradise setting.
Five star treatments including a spa facility - with jacuzzi you can use any time
Mix of regular suites and pool villa accommodation
Quiet surroundings - lots of couples, honeymooners, a few young families.
Well trained, diligent staff who can attend to your requests with ease.

Then there's the "Komaneka difference"...

Complimentary Afternoon tea service - with little sweet morsels served every day
Turn down service every evening with a new "bed time story" every evening and your TV remotes, pajamas and slippers laid out for you.
The way that you step out of your room for breakfast in the morning and its miraculously made up by the time you return (by the room fairies I like to think!)
The way every staff member says hello, asks after your wellbeing and mostly remember you by name!

Just a little story about my time at Tanggayuda might demonstrate what kind of resort this is... I wanted to book into a massage in the day spa (which by-the-way, was wonderful). I was worried that I might be booking too late in the day, or if being a relatively small spa they would have availability. I walked up to the spa around 5pm and asked if it was possible for me to book a couples massage for 7pm... I said to the staff member - "I'm sorry if its too late - I'm not sure what time you close". The staff member was confused by my concern. He simply replied "Ibu Jenny - this is your home! You can have a massage what ever time you like. If you want it at 7pm, we can arrange that. If you would like the massage after dinner, that's OK too".

It suddenly dawned on me that at this resort - there aren't too many rules...If you want to swim in the pool at sunrise, I'm sure that would be fine. If you want to take your breakfast in the garden, your room, the restaurant, by the pool, that's fine too. Want a massage at 9pm? - no problem! I think its this sort of thing that makes the place feel as though it really is your home and not just someone else's place that you've lobbed up to where you have to fit in with their schedule.

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel for couples and small families. If your staying with a larger group of friends or relatives - try Bisma - its a little bigger and your less inclined to feel that your spoiling the couples party!

Room Tip: I think the Valley view pool suites are definitely worth the extra investment.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is THE place to get away and enjoy complete serenity of the village outside of Ubud. My husband and I stayed at the Valley Pool Villa for 3 nights and it was absolute bliss. The villa was spacious, luxurious and completely private. Service is impeccable, personable and there is genuine warmth right from the front desk to housekeeping.

You can have food delivered right to your villa at no extra charges and at the same price as their restaurant. The food was delicious and priced reasonably, which was a plus point especially since the resort is secluded. If you want to venture out of the comforts of your villa and resort, free shuttle service to Ubud is available free of charge and is hourly. Last service is at 10.25 pm.

If you have the intention to shop for some art pieces, there is a gallery at the resort although they have a larger gallery at their sister hotel and gallery, Komaneka Fine Art Gallery and Hotel at Monkey Forest. I ended up buying a piece of art from the Tanggayuda gallery! Talk about taking a piece of your memory at the resort home :-)

Highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Komaneka the first week of June. The hotel is beautiful but the rooms and view from the infinity pool even nicer. We did encounter a problem with the water pressure in room 120 but they moved us to another room 104 if I remember correctly and it was more private. We had a Balinese massage and upon checkout they kindly informed us that they had removed the massages from our bill due to the inconvenience of the water problem we had encountered our first night. We also did some laundry and by accident left 400,000 rupees (40dollars) in a trousers pocket- the young gentlemen who found it returned it in full and we gave him a little something to show our appreciation. Overall the service was fantastic and the staff very happy. Would definitely recommend it to friends. We did the mnt batur trek with bali eco cycle tours and it was really challenging and a very good workout. Would recommend it to the quite fit!!!

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Komaneka at Tanggayuda? Share your experiences!