“Sigh....3 days in paradise is not enough!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Komaneka at Tanggayuda

You added Komaneka at Tanggayuda to your Saves list
Komaneka at Tanggayuda
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Banjar Tanggayuda, Kedewatan, Ubud, Bali 80571, Indonesia   |
Ranked #7 of 149 Hotels in Ubud
Singapore
“Sigh....3 days in paradise is not enough!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I originally wanted to stay at Komaneka Monkey Forest, but "settled" for this further, out-of-town option as the one at Monkey Forest was fully booked. But it turned out to be a wonderful blessing in disguise! Its secluded, quiet location means no sound of traffic or crowds. The view by the pool is picture perfect and just having afternoon tea (which is complimentary) by on the terrace overlooking the pool is simplly inspiring. Service is impeccable and the staff are always ready with a smile. While the location is a bit far from the shopping district, the shuttle service is prompt, hassle-free and convenient. And the spa was very nice too!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Stayed in the pool villa for a weekend break, was really impressed with the resort upkeep, service, location, layout...everything was really thought of carefully. Great resort for a quiet retreat, and to experience the magical Ubud. The resort itself is about 2 hours from Ngurah Rai airport, but once arrived, the excellence of the place really shines. Had a brief tour by mas Dewa, who was attentive and really helpful. Also spent some time at the spa, it was really good. Breakfast has a few selection of set menu, not a buffet...but was good, didn't mind that at all. Housekeeping was also excellent, very clean and showed attention to details.

Overall, we had an amazing time. Will definitely visit again, perhaps to the other Komaneka chains in the area.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
melbourne, australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This was our second stay at a Komaneka resort... Two years ago we stayed at Komaneka Bisma and were thoroughly impressed. So when planning our return visit this year our only choice was between returning to Bisma or trying another of the Komaneka properties... I am so glad we chose Komaneka Tanggayuda!

The property is smaller than Bisma but its size makes for a far more intimate experience - this resort feels more like a favourite boutique hotel - the kind you stay in once and return to time and again when ever you're in that city - or indeed the kind you would visit a place just to go back to the hotel.

The staff, like at all Komaneka properties, remember your name, ask about your day and want to make you feel welcome in every way possible. They prefer for you to think about their resort as a home away from home and at Tanggayuda I believe they have managed to achieve this.

Here are the things that you would expect from a 5 star Ubud property that you get with Komaneka Tangayyuda:

A visually stunning property - architecturally designed in a paradise setting.
Five star treatments including a spa facility - with jacuzzi you can use any time
Mix of regular suites and pool villa accommodation
Quiet surroundings - lots of couples, honeymooners, a few young families.
Well trained, diligent staff who can attend to your requests with ease.

Then there's the "Komaneka difference"...

Complimentary Afternoon tea service - with little sweet morsels served every day
Turn down service every evening with a new "bed time story" every evening and your TV remotes, pajamas and slippers laid out for you.
The way that you step out of your room for breakfast in the morning and its miraculously made up by the time you return (by the room fairies I like to think!)
The way every staff member says hello, asks after your wellbeing and mostly remember you by name!

Just a little story about my time at Tanggayuda might demonstrate what kind of resort this is... I wanted to book into a massage in the day spa (which by-the-way, was wonderful). I was worried that I might be booking too late in the day, or if being a relatively small spa they would have availability. I walked up to the spa around 5pm and asked if it was possible for me to book a couples massage for 7pm... I said to the staff member - "I'm sorry if its too late - I'm not sure what time you close". The staff member was confused by my concern. He simply replied "Ibu Jenny - this is your home! You can have a massage what ever time you like. If you want it at 7pm, we can arrange that. If you would like the massage after dinner, that's OK too".

It suddenly dawned on me that at this resort - there aren't too many rules...If you want to swim in the pool at sunrise, I'm sure that would be fine. If you want to take your breakfast in the garden, your room, the restaurant, by the pool, that's fine too. Want a massage at 9pm? - no problem! I think its this sort of thing that makes the place feel as though it really is your home and not just someone else's place that you've lobbed up to where you have to fit in with their schedule.

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel for couples and small families. If your staying with a larger group of friends or relatives - try Bisma - its a little bigger and your less inclined to feel that your spoiling the couples party!

Room Tip: I think the Valley view pool suites are definitely worth the extra investment.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is THE place to get away and enjoy complete serenity of the village outside of Ubud. My husband and I stayed at the Valley Pool Villa for 3 nights and it was absolute bliss. The villa was spacious, luxurious and completely private. Service is impeccable, personable and there is genuine warmth right from the front desk to housekeeping.

You can have food delivered right to your villa at no extra charges and at the same price as their restaurant. The food was delicious and priced reasonably, which was a plus point especially since the resort is secluded. If you want to venture out of the comforts of your villa and resort, free shuttle service to Ubud is available free of charge and is hourly. Last service is at 10.25 pm.

If you have the intention to shop for some art pieces, there is a gallery at the resort although they have a larger gallery at their sister hotel and gallery, Komaneka Fine Art Gallery and Hotel at Monkey Forest. I ended up buying a piece of art from the Tanggayuda gallery! Talk about taking a piece of your memory at the resort home :-)

Highly recommend this resort.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Komaneka the first week of June. The hotel is beautiful but the rooms and view from the infinity pool even nicer. We did encounter a problem with the water pressure in room 120 but they moved us to another room 104 if I remember correctly and it was more private. We had a Balinese massage and upon checkout they kindly informed us that they had removed the massages from our bill due to the inconvenience of the water problem we had encountered our first night. We also did some laundry and by accident left 400,000 rupees (40dollars) in a trousers pocket- the young gentlemen who found it returned it in full and we gave him a little something to show our appreciation. Overall the service was fantastic and the staff very happy. Would definitely recommend it to friends. We did the mnt batur trek with bali eco cycle tours and it was really challenging and a very good workout. Would recommend it to the quite fit!!!

• Stayed June 2013
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Was looking for a quite and serene romantic long weekend away and found the the ideal place.

Everything about Komaneka is done with the best intentions and attention to detail and it really shows. For starters, I emailed them enquiring about availability at any of their places in Ubud and they came back with Tanggayuda with a competitive rate that was better than their site or any of the comparison and last minute sites. Also, told them it was our anniversairy as well as my wife being vegetarian and not only did they decorate our room on the first night especially, but we were also presented with a special cake and my wife was given seperate menus each day with her name on it that only had vegetarian options. Brilliant!

The staff couldn't be nicer or more attentive. They all know your name. They all remember what you've done or had. For example, the restaurant staff knew without fail that my wife was vegetarian each time she walked in there, the spa staff enquired about the specific treatment we'd had when we passed them the following day. All these little attentions to detail really make a difference.

The Tanggayuda is little further outside Ubud, about 15 minutes from the centre, than the other Komaneka's. Rooms and views are fantastic. We opted for a courtyard room so as to be nearer to everything. The rooms are large, beds 4-poster and centrally placed with huge en-suite bathrooms. Ours had a private outdoor bath, definite must, as well as a seperate private plunge pool and cabana. Again, a must!. You also have a sun deck, which if you time it right, does catch the sun in between tropical showers and the surrounding forest. The rooms are kitted out way beyond what you expect with 2 day beds, Wifi, DVD, iPod connector and an Apple TV. Really ideal if all you want to do is kick back, read a book and then relax in the comfort of your own surroundings.

The pool area is fantastic with amazing views across the valley and rice fields. Gets the sun for a while, and with a restaurant area and available Wifi, another great area to relax in.

The main restaurant is great quality, both the local and Western options. Having complimented them on the pumpkin soup, we went in the following day to be presented with the recipe printed out for us. Yet another nice touch....

The hotel offers a regular shuttle service throughout the day into and around Ubud. It's always to time, and also they go that little extra step if you want to be dropped off along the way. We had dinner a couple of times at outside restaurants, and the shuttle dropped us off and then arranged a convenient pick up time when they'd be passing on the way back. Really hassle free!!

I could really go on about how hassle free, attentive and serene this place is. It's simply an ideal place if you want to try something a little different from the norm and want to come away from somewhere feeling relaxed, refreshed and completely satisfied with the choice of stay you've made.

Room Tip: Courtyard if it's the rainy season so you avoid a drenching walking to the sap, restaurant or ma...
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband, 18 month daughter and I spent three nights at Komaneka at Tanggayuda. Right from when we arrived, the service was extremely friendly and welcoming. They absolutely adored our daughter and everywhere we went in the resort they knew her name. The little gifts that we received in arrival - bath salts and oil for us, and a toy for our daughter, were a nice touch.

The location of the resort is beautiful. You really feel away from everything - surrounded by rice fields and trees. The resort is a 15 minute drive from the town centre, but we didn't care. There's a shuttle that leaves on the hour, and Ubud isn't anything to write home about anyway. It was extremely unfortunate that when we arrived the new restaurant and pool area were not finished, even though they were scheduled to open that day. The space where the restaurant was going to be was stunning with breathtaking views. We were a bit bummed about that.

The rooms were absolutely beautiful. Very spacious and beautifully appointed. Unfortunately there wasn't a lot of outdoor space - a wooden deck and a pool (which they kindy fenced off for us), so unfortunately our daughter didn't have any space to run around and explore. But some of the villas have gardens so if this is an issue you can request another room. The pool itself was quite small, but bigger than a plunge pool, and it's not like we wanted to do laps or anything anyway.

Details like the Apple TV were a nice touch, and one night we stayed in and watched a movie.

Breakfasts in the restaurant every day were great, but the cocktail offerings could have been better. Complementary afternoon tea in the cafe was also very nice.

For me, the best thing about staying at Komaneka (in addition to the beautiful rooms and great service) was the lack of people. We felt like we were the only ones there! Well, not quite, but the maximum number of people we saw at breakfast was three other tables. It was absolutely wonderful!

At night, the whole resort was dotted with candles and lanterns, and one man (or it may have been two) playing gamelan in the restaurant really contributed to a quite magical and romantic atmosphere throughout the resort. It was just lovely.

There were a couple of minor issues that I should point out. On our first day our (attempted) relaxation by the pool was severely compromised by the sound of loud construction noise. It was bad. I complained, they said they would get it to stop. We complained again. Soon after, the drills stopped (soft hammering continued but we coped with that).

There was one sheet on the bed. One sheet! Yes Bali is hot but fancy hotels these days have aircon. We were provided more blankets on request (but they were the kind of cheap, brown synthetic ones you might find in a motel). Also, we couldn't figure our how to turn off the aircon so that first night we were cold. We had it sorted by the next night though. The bed was ok but not super comfy, even though it looked beautiful.

The water pressure consistently fluctuated which resulted in a pulsing effect in the shower. Not a big issue but a bit annoying. Also, there was a slight sewerage smell in the toilet.

I'm not sure the pool was serviced everyday. By the end of our stay it had some leaves and a bit of bird poo floating on the surface.

The day spa was fantastic, but treatments were a bit drawn out. I know that's an odd complaint to have about spa treatments, but I had told my husband I would be back to the villa at a certain time and was late both times. This was an issue when I had a package treatment consisting of facial and mani pedi which was supposed to last two and a half hours. The time was almost up and she hadn't even started on my nails. Apart from the fact that I was dying of boredom, I had arranged to meet my husband to go into town so had to tell her to hurry up and skip over certain things.

The resort was a bit more expensive than other places we stayed in Bali, but it was beautiful and intimate with great service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ubud
Komaneka at Bisma
The Kayon Resort
#1 of 149 in Ubud
5.0 of 5 stars 269 reviews
The Legian Bali – a GHM hotel

Been to Komaneka at Tanggayuda? Share your experiences!