Flew out from the UK to meet up with our son and his family who live in Australia, for the first two weeks of July 2013. Fabulous resort and perfect for a family. We had two very private villa's next door to each other, each with it's own pool and lounging areas. Enormous, comfortable beds and the best air conditioning systems. Perfect temp and very quiet. The staff could not be faulted and could not do enough for us. Our two very lively young grandsons were watched over constantly and even if we took our eyes off them for a moment, the staff always seemed to be paying attention to what they were up to!! Sitters were available if we wanted to go out without them in the evening. If I was to criticise anything, then it would have to be the price of the hotel taxi service. They do offer a free shuttle to the centre of town, but if you want to get a taxi anywhere else, the hotel will charge you two or even three times the going rate. We would probably have eaten at the resort more often, if the food had matched other restaurants in Ubud, charging comparable prices. There are some excellent ones. It is very expensive and although the staff and service were wonderful, the food was OK but disappointing. If you need a taxi anywhere in Ubud, ring Gede Arta (pronounced Guday, or G'day if you're Australian) on (+62)081237445493. We found him quite by chance and used him for the rest of our stay. He was wonderful, speaks English and Japanese, is totally reliable and won't overcharge you. He got a generous tip when we left. He will do both day trips to an itinerary of your choice, run you to the airport, or short trips around Ubud. His car seats 6. Enjoy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the verdant hillsides of Ubud, Ubud Village Resort & Spa is a perfect Balinese hideaway for romantic couples, honeymooners and families alike. Overlooking an expanse of gorgeous terraced rice paddies, Ubud Village Resort and Spa has a relaxing atmosphere throughout which is further enhanced by excellent service and guest amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your The Ubud Village Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ubud Village Hotel Ubud
- The Ubud Village Resort And Spa
- The Ubud Village Resort & Spa Bali