“Bali Relax” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Finksburg, Maryland
“Bali Relax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

When I feel comfortable with my private space in Bali...I say Bali Relax. I was traveling alone although visiting my Bali family and our Villa was absolutely perfect. So private and so much space. Upon entering the grand room, the smell was wonderful....from the Spa...so nice. My Bali family loved the private pool and lounge area. Peaceful setting and the walk for afternoon tea with some nice snacks was delightful and also in the morning on the way to breakfast. The staff was excellent and everyone seems to know you by name no matter you would venture in the village. The spa was a delight overlooking the rice fields while drinking the ginger tea after massage. Stress free management, everyone loves their job. Saying good bye to the Ubud Village was not easy...but I know I will go back again.

Room Tip: Choose a villa with private pool, it is well worth it. The shower was so nice indoors and outdoors...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We recently stayed in the Garden View Pool Villa and we could not get over the size and facilities we had at hand just in this villa. The staff were very friendly and polite and always ready to help. The location of the resort is a short distance from Ubud town but the resort provides free shuttle service to get to and from. Cannot recommend this place enough. Totally worth every $ spent.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Me and my family stayed at this resort for the first time back in January 2009 and back then would o definitely have given it 5 out of 5, this was our 2nd stay here for 6 days in February 2013.On arriving the greeting was magnificent, welcome cool drink and towel and greeted by the guest relations manager, she said welcome back and your villa 115 is nearly ready, the same one we had back in 2009.On arrival to the villa a sign stating welcome home and a unexpected 15 minute foot massage for me and my wife which was greatly appreciated, after we settled in we noticed very large ants all over the bed, I called reception and they came and sprayed them, I thought that is ok, I expect ants outside but not on the villa bed. Me and my wife thought the problem passed but no they kept coming in for the next 4 days I mentioned this again, as spray was done but did not help. On our last night I contacted the manager Kama and explained tgis issue, he was very polite and offerd his apologies, he upgraded us for the last night to the village suite which was amazing, even thought his was done I was still quite disappointed as the first four days were spent chasing and killing ants in our room. The villa specifically is looking quite tired the decking outside could do with a good lacquer as the wood is rotting and can be dangerous.The standard villas only have a small tube tv, needs upgrading to a flat screen, the village suite had a flat screen.The breakfast selection at the restaurant was fantastic, much better than last time and the hot stone massage I had was to die for and great value as well.This properties biggest asset is their staff, customer service is impeccable and always with a smile.Even though it was disappointing in some parts I would return because all staff are friendly, the just need to update the villas a little. I forgot to mention the best main pool I have ever seen very clean and serene without a smell of chlorine like you usually get elsewhere.If you want a quiet environment with lovely staff then book this place. Thank you Kama for you understanding and the service received and a big thank you to all your staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Myself and my partner stayed for 7 nights in a Garden Villa, utterly beautiful. The villa was completely sealed off from the outside world giving us amazing privacy and peace. Utterly wonderful to get out of bed, plunge in the pool then lay on the day bed to dry off!

On our first night, we had dinner in the restaurant which was exceptional and provided great views of the resort, pool and gardens, in the morning, we were blown away by the view from the second floor breakfast area. The breakfast was really good and the staff were happy to adjust choices as needed, always willing to oblige.

We felt very safe and secure, with a wall all around the villa, lock on the gate, doors etc and an in-room safe.

The shuttle service was really useful and the drivers really helpful, happy to drop you at your destination on the route. The restaurant recommendations (thank you Piki) were excellent and we enjoyed every meal.

The staff and service were wonderful and provided the best level of care, really allowing us to relax and enjoy the resort.

Only a couple of minor gripes:
1. I hate traveling to a foreign country and being quoted in US dollars, which is then converted to Indonesian Rupiah at the time of payment at a rate well above any published rate. The restaurant menu was in Rupiah and yet the services such as massage and spa were quoted in USD?
2. Similar to previous comments, staying in a 5 star resort, I do not expect sachets of Nescafe and creamer.

Memphis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

After the reviews, I was really looking forward to our stay at Ubud Village Resort and Spa. I have to admit, I was somewhat disappointed.

The villas are beautiful, but ours needs refurbishing. Mostly, the air conditioning was not strong enough. As you can imagine, Bali is hot, hot, hot. And I just couldn't cool off at that property. Dining was great, but outside, so also hot. I needed a very cool room to go home to. Not to be.

The furniture outside needs replacing. The wood decking was worn out. The lighting in the bathroom was very bad.With just a little money, this property could be spectacular. Did I mention the private pool? The outdoor shower? The outdoor tub? Really nice, but I was just hot.

The spa is great. The food was also great.

The staff are amazing. Specail regards to Piki and Kama who did everything to make our stay enjoyable.

Hobart, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

When we walked into our villa it definitely had the wow factor. A plunge pool all of our very own, flat screen tv, four poster bed and a wonderful outdoor bath. The villa had a modern Balinese aesthetic that was very nice. It was an oasis away from the craziness of Ubud - 'taxi taxi TAXI?'

We stayed in a villa overlooking the garden/rice paddies/restaurant and the view was very nice when we weren't lazing around on the bed. Only real negative worth mentioning is that the tea/coffee facilities are very mediocre. Sachets of Nescafe and creamer dont shout 5 star to me. Perhaps coffee plungers/coffee pots and fresh milk (or UHT) should be made available so guests can enjoy a nice cup of coffee in bed?

The people working here are nice. However, at times genuine smiles were few and far between. We were also taken aback about the gentle interrogation about our plans on a couple of different occasions - and felt it wasn't just idle curiosity or interest in what we were up to. It wasn't a good feeling at the time and it still leaves a bad taste.

Saying this, we hung around the restaurant/garden the next day (late flight) and the staff took good care of myself and Mr Josh! Also having the luggage room was very handy. Another plus was that we able to access the regular free shuttle service even though we had technically checked out.

Breakfast was pretty good, an a la carte menu with about 5-6 different options. I must say though I prefer a buffet breakfast (I like to eat a lot of fruit). The view from the top floor of the restaurant was spectacular - overlooking rice paddies and the grounds. The grounds themselves are well kept and allow for sweeping views. The pool looked pretty good too - although we only used our private pool to swim in. Oh yeah, they provide free afternoon tea between 4 and 5pm which was very nice.

Denpasar, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This hotel/resort/spa offers something very different in the atmosphere and the service absolutely eclipses that of all other hotels in the area of Ubud. The owners have produced a luxury hotel but maintained the warm & accommodating feeling throughout which is found only in a genuine Balinese environment. The grounds, which are free to wander, offer the typical village life with an abundance of genuine coconut trees and once again, the owners have not spared the gift of intrigue for visitors to enjoy sitting and contemplating or meditating in the small bale bengong (pavilions)situated around the gardens. The food is absolutely devine - leave room for the delicious desserts!! I will definitely return to this haven of Balinese life.

Room Tip: I would suggest a room overlooking the coconut palms - garden side for a peaceful sleep and stunnin...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Ubud Village Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!