“Peaceful with great service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Junjungan Ubud Hotel and Spa

Save Saved
You added Junjungan Ubud Hotel and Spa to your Saves list
Junjungan Ubud Hotel and Spa
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Junjungan Ubud, Jl.Tirta Tawar km.3,5 | Br. Junjungan, Ubud, Bali 80571, Indonesia   |
Ranked #21 of 119 hotels in Ubud
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Peaceful with great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely 3 nights at Junjungan hotel. Our room was large with a great view over the rice paddies. Breakfast, and in fact all food, was very good, they even provided a breakfast for our 19 month old son. The staff are amazing and go out of their way to help at all times. It is out of town but then you escape the extremely busy streets and can use the free shuttle bus to go in when you want.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

515 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Junjungan hotel & spa in Ubud is located a few minutes north of Ubud town, easily reached by free shuttle transport. The restaurant offers free tea and delicious baked stuff between 15:00 and 18:00. Rooms have rice paddy view and beautiful bathrooms. Take one of the free mountainbikes to see the green region. The service offered is only to be found in South East Asia. We highly recommend this hotel. Really great staff and services!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

The hotel was very clean and well maintained. The staff were very friendly and helpful. They booked a cycling trek for us and a driver to take us to our next destination. The hotel provides a free shuttle bus to the main market area of Ubud. Keen to visit the market we took the 10-15 minute ride but after a very short time we were even keener to return to the peace of the hotel. Free afternoon tea was provided each day and we were happy to eat in the restaurant each evening. Breakfasts had to be ordered the night before and there was a large choice of options....I can recommend the blueberry pancakes and ice cream....decadent but yummy!! The lighting in the room was very dim and unlike our usual bright and airy rooms but the view from our little verandah was lovely. We loved the quirky entrance doors to each room and the padlocks to lock your room and the little bells at each door were very quaint!!

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room which like all rooms overlooked the rice paddies. I think all room swould...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We arrived in Junjungan in the earliest hours of a Friday morning, descending on the tiny village straight long before the earliest check in time and straight from another hotel in the Ubud area where our reservation for the previous night had been double booked. Tired, disorientated and disappointed we made our way to the Junjungan Hotel and Spa as inviting an oasis as I have ever seen.
The welcome from the staff at the Junjungan Hotel and Spa was just what we were in need of following our previous nights experience and we were made to feel at home immediately. Checked in, hours before the normal check in time, we were shown to our room. The room was ingeniously designed and decorated, the definition of what luxury should be, not ostentatious but comfortable in a quiet and thoughtful way. The balcony overlooked the luscious green rice paddies of Junjungan village.
The service was dearly appreciated by two weary travellers, staff were able to arrange a private driver with jeep to take us to a selection of temples we had singled out and for lunch in the stunning Shambala valley.
A hotel that I hope to return to, set amidst delicious landscapes and complemented by the warmth of the staff. A place I recommend to all those travelling to Ubud.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights. We came in late to Ubud, and after dealing with traffic from the airport, I just wanted to get in to bed. We were warmly greeted by reception, provided a menu to order our breakfast for the next morning, given a tour of the room, and then a welcome drink. What a spectacular first impression!

I got two spa treatments, and I have to say, they are quite good. You can certainly find cheaper massages in town, but I liked that I could stumble in and out of my room. I will say that the spa was a bit late on both of my appointments, so plan accordingly.

The free shuttle is great. The shuttle will pick you up whenever you want from Ubud. When you are heading to Ubud, check with the front desk because sometimes the shuttle will not leave until they have some sort of capacity. It usually won't be longer than a 20 minute wait for the shuttle.

They have bikes for you to use, and we took them a bit down the road.

The breakfasts here are amazing!!!! I loved their Balinese breakfast. The pancakes were also good.

We had a Delux Sawah room, the cheaper rooms, and the views were just great!

All in all, a great stay. It is a great pick for a honeymoon

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My wife and two teenage children recently spent two nights at the Junjungan Hotel and Spa and couldn't have been happier with our choice of accommodation. Nothing is to much trouble for Siwi and her staff at this execllent establishment.

My wife and I enjoyed the larger Deluxe Studio room and my teenage children the Deluxe Sawah room which both enjoyed a great view over the rice terraces.

While the property is situated a few kilometres out of the Ubud town centre the hotel run regular shuttle bus services throughout the day and night (at no cost) to Ubud with the last bus available at 10pm. With a phone call from the Information Centre in Ubud or the restaurant we ate at, we were picked up within 10-15 minutes.

They organised our transfer from our Hotel in Legian at a very reasonable cost and also organised a driver ( also at a reasonable rate) to take us to the Elpehant Park at Taro and to some other Ubud sites which was great. They have push bikes available to use free of charge and can also organise scooter rentals if required.

The breakfast and food were of a reasonable quality, albeit ordering your breaksfast the night before was one small downside. That said we ate lunch and also had a dinner during our short stay.

Overall a great experience in this boutique establishment which we wouldnt hesitate to stay in again

Room Tip: The studio room had a massive bathtub.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in July - what a beautiful place! Both of us couldn't have been happier. It's clean, quiet, and good value for the money. Rooms are beautifully decorated but comfortable, and the restaurant had great food. But what really sets this place apart is the service - it really is impeccable. The staff are so accommodating, but in a friendly, relaxed way (not over the top like you experience in some high end hotels). For example, one day I went for a quick dip in the pool, and as other reviewers have mentioned, they bring you a free fruit drink while you're at the pool. Well, I was only there for a minute or two, just to jump in and cool off, and then I went back to my room. Several minutes later there was a knock at my door and there was one of the lovely staff members, with my fruit drink! They had noticed me, recognized me (because within a few hours of arriving every staff member seemed to know my name) and made sure I got my drink even though I was no longer at the pool. All this for a complimentary drink! They also noticed one evening that my partner ordered a vegetarian meal for dinner. The next morning at breakfast the server asked if she would like a vegetarian breakfast instead of the regular one, because she'd had vegetarian the night before. The kitchen staff on in the evenings must have noted this and asked the morning staff to double check with her before bringing her breakfast. We stayed at a much-hyped 5 star hotel in Bali later in the trip that I won't name, but we found the service there almost fake in it's sincerity, whereas at the Junjungan you felt like you were in someone's very welcoming home. I really can't recommend this place highly enough. I work in the travel industry and deal with many hotels all the time, and this one is truly special.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Junjungan Ubud Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!