Not so sure how tunjung mas fairs against other places to stay at Ubod. Location, simple service, accommodating staff, cleanliness of the room are all excellent. I won't go into details on these since other reviews have described it well.
Lowlights for me are the creeky bed, small air condition unit in a big room, eeky feeling of the shower area, old TV set but that's actually acceptable...what's not acceptable was having local channels only! They should provide basic cable channels like CNN, HBO, Natgeo and Discovery channels.
Breakfast was very simple. Toasted bread, basic jam&butter, assorted fruits, coffee or tea and fruit juice. They should improve on the juice part though. It wasn't 100% fresh juice. They provided our bfast at 5am because we had to leave at 6am for the airport. It was very kind of them to wake up and prepare bfast for us that early!
True, the whole place is nice and quiet. However, i didnt sleep well when we were there. There was no gate to your villa/room so I didn't feel secure. I felt anyone can just go in from the main road and knock at your glass door or windows!
I'd still recommend this place if you're in a budget trip. I only paid $55usd a night. Again, not sure how much other places cost per night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tunjung Mas Bungalows is set within a lush tropical garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Tunjung Mas Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tunjung Mas Bungalows Hotel Ubud
- Tunjung Mas Bungalows Ubud, Bali