This is our 2nd time staying at Ubud in the past 4yrs and boy are we glad we decided to go with Santi Mandala. We stayed at the 2 Bedroom Villa with private pool since we brought along our parents and 2 daughters. I can still remember vividly the heavenly feeling I had at the very moment the main outer door of the villa was opened. Yes it was that majestic!
Let me firstly go through what we loved about our stay:
1] The super comfortable beds
2] Huge bedroom size
3] Large and well designed bathroom
4] Private pool (spent lots of time here including a midnight swim)
5] Great wifi speed (so quick that I even made an ecommerce transation)
6] Attentive service and they even packed a special meal for us since we left very early in the morning to the airport)
7] Overall tranquil environment
8] Free shuttle service 4 times per day (Departs at 10am, 2pm, 4pm & 8pm)
9] Powerful air-condition (much needed with the hot weather when we stayed there)
10] Sufficiently equipped kitchen with utensils to do as we please
What we didn't quite like:
1] Not enough buggy to transport all guests when needed which means we had to wait or walk down to the lobby to grab the free shuttle service to Ubud town.
2] The villa's kitchen and dining area had a lot of ants when food is left outside for even a mere 10mins. Once they appear.. they seem to be everywhere after that.
3] Staff response time can be a tad long but these things can be avoided with better planning on our part.
I read a lot of reviewers complained about the inconvenient location but that is the price to pay for having such an environment. Also mosquito can be an issue but I don't think you can avoid that anywhere you choose to stay around the romantic town of Ubud.
- You can request for breakfast to be served at your villa, just need to inform the restaurant the night before or after you check-in.
- Buy mineral water at Ubud as it can take them sometime to get it to you
- Make full use of the kitchen by purchasing simple food, snacks and drinks in town which are relatively cheap at Ubud's Coco Supermarket which is the shuttle's drop and pick-up point.
- Last but not least... mosquito repellent
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 7 elegantly appointed luxury pool villas with innovative and inspiring design reflecting harmonious blend of modern and Balinese architecture adjacent with 20 contemporary and beautiful Balinese villas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your Santi Mandala reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santi Mandala Hotel Ubud
- Santi Mandala Resort
- Santi Mandala Ubud, Bali