We stayed at Kajane for three nights mid-March 2009. We had the Toya villa, which is well decorated and spacious with a small private pool. The view from the villa is not that great, but if you're looking for privacy it is perfect, It is about a 5 minute walk from Monkey Forrest road, so not too bad. The villa has television, video player, a nice outdoor bath tub, air-con and a LARGE fridge outside on the terasse
When we arrived, the staff had put all sorts of toys by the pool, knowing that we would be staying with our 2-year old daughter. In short, the staff is the friendliest we have come across, and is the prime reason why we're bothering to type in this review. They would bring us breakfast in the villa every morning and promptly fix any small issues we had. This in stark contrast to some of the Nusa Dua resorts that we stayed at during the same vacation.
Kajane has bikes for free usage, there are baby-chairs in the restaurant and there is even a stroller you can borrow . They also have a free transport service to take you around the Ubud area.
The restaurant is very good. The pinnacle was the chocolate mouse/fondant, black and white chocolate half-molten, even though all the dishes we tried were very good. Again, the staff in the restaurant was excellent.
The was a small problem with the wireless internet access (free) in that it blocked a lot of pages due to an overzealous filtering program. To overcome this, simply set up your browser to use a proxy server (192 dot 168 dot 0 dot 5 at the time of our stay). The connection was fast enough to do reliable IP telephony calls.
In one of the earlier reviews on tripadvisor it is claimed that a toddler fell into a well. We asked the staff about this, and while they admitted that the well was not properly secured at the time of the incident, they claim that the child did not fall into the well, rather the father fell into the pool when trying to run towards the well when he saw that his son was in the vicinity. His mobile phone was ruined as a result of falling into the pool. While surely a very unpleasant incident, it does not justify a total slashing of the whole place and the people that work there.
We would highly recommend Kajane for a stay in Ubud, and we would not even bother looking for another place. It simply can't be much better than this!
Mimi + parents, Beijing 02.Apr.2009
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Theese exclusive private villa offers ten individually-designed spacious one bedroom villas and twelve more two-bedroom, three-bedroom, four-bedroom villas with locally-crafted furnishings reflecting Balinese and Javanese influences. Long glass windows and doors mirror the bamboo hand-woven ceiling of the room and view the green tropical garden at staggering ravine or rice terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your KajaNe Mua Private Villa & Mansion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kajane Mua Private Villa & Mansion Hotel Ubud
- Kajane Mua Private Villa And Mansion
- KajaNe Mua Private Villa & Mansion Ubud, Bali