“Nice & clean villa” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sankara Resort

You added Sankara Resort to your Saves list
Sankara Resort
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Banjar Kumbuh, Desa Mas, Ubud, Bali 80571, Indonesia   |
Ranked #13 of 278 Specialty Lodging in Ubud
“Nice & clean villa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

My family members of 12 stayed at this Villa for 2 nights. This villa was relatively new, clean & quiet & surrounded by padi field. Definitely a good place to relax. They provide 1 hour of free yoga lesson every morning. They served very generous portion of American & continental breakfast. The best is their Indonesian Mee Goreng for breakfast. The staff were friendly, smiling & helpful.
I'll definitely stay over there if I ever visit Bali again

Stayed June 2014
Dear Shirley S

Hope you are always healthy, thank you very much for staying at Sankara Ubud resort and we are so glad to have you enjoyed with our resort and the food at our restaurant. we are very new resort in Ubud and located at the quiet Mas Ubud. I am agree our resort good for relax and leisure to have the peaceful living. we hope have the opportunity to welcoming you and give our best service soon.
Please passing our best regards to your family and friends.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Sankara is exceptional with everything they provide from the staff to rooms, spotlessly clean, amazing food, spa treatments. Everything is perfect! Loved loved loved it!
Would highly rev omen and without a doubt we will be back again.
Ms Samantha & mr Santo

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Sammmii

Thank you very much for your nice written and we all staff and management very glad to have and heard you have a peaceful and lovely stayed with us. Thank you for choosing our resort during your trips in Bali. we will glad to see you in the next near future.

ketut and All staff Sankara
Adelaide
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Where do I start with Sankara Resort.

I am a Travel Blogger from Australia on a Solo Trip to Bali for 8 days. Sankara were happy to pick me up from my hotel in Seminyak. I keep forgetting everyone's names (worst name remember-er ever) my driver offered me cold water and face towel as he picked me up. Very friendly and gave me advise where to eat and visit on my stay in Ubud.
As I arrived at Sankara I was greeted by all the friendly staff who welcomed me with a welcome cocktail (I personally didn't like the taste, it was like a toxic chemical haha it so I didn't drink it).
My luggage was all taken care of I didn't need to carry anything which was great.

On arrival to my villa I was shocked to open the door to a Villa which I had not booked . I don't even think this villa is available on the website to book. Weird. I made sure when I emailed Sankara directly to book my private pool villa that it was what published on the website so to receive this villa i was not Impressed. After speaking with the manager they were very apologetic and friendly with my request they quickly transferred me into the private pool villa which I had booked.

Once that door opened to the villa everything felt great again and I knew my stay at Sankara would be magnificent. Very clean villa with outdoor lounge and kitchen. Large bedroom with high ceilings and mosquito proof net over bed which was great. The bathroom was another level of greatness. Open stone bath tub facing the pool was incredible. Waterfall Shower was great and pressure was strong compared to my hotel in Seminyak.

Everything about the villa is at a high quality expect for :
1 - Pool a bit cold.

Part of my package at Sankara was a complimentary 2 course dinner in my villa which was fantastic. Food was superb and tasty. Daily shuttle to Ubud town is very convenient as Sankara is not walking distance to Ubud village, and there nothing around the resort to do. I also Hired one of the drivers for half the day to take me to the Waterfalls, Rice fields, Holy Spring etc. It was 700,000 IDR which I later found out was alot but he was a trusted driver from the resort and did walk with me to the waterfall and take me to afew shops along the way.

Again Service was high quality, always saying hello and asking how was my day. I have never had the experience before at a resort. They were happy to take me to my next villa I was staying at at no extra charge which was great. The 7am morning Yoga class is highly recommended. You feel so great after and ready to start the day. Breakfast is also another great thing at Sankara. Their bread basket is amazing and juices. The view over the pool and forest is incredible from breakfast.

After a small hiccup when i arrived at Sankara the rest of my stay was truly flawless.
To all the staff at Sankara Thank you so much for a great experience on my first visit to Ubud. I look forward to my next stay at Sankara.

Please if you found this review helpful please click yes below. Also follow my Travel Blog on Instagram : freezethatmoment for all travel advise, places to eat and see and lots more.

Room Tip: Private VIlla with private pool!!! 7am Yoga classes a Must!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear John Pampo

Thank you very much for staying at Sankara Ubud and also thank you very much for your nice comment. we are happy and glad to have your stayed experience during with us. we are appreciated with some of your advise and suggestion to us and we can be making more better in next near future. we will grade our property more private and also more comfortable to protect the developer in future.
1 - Pool a bit cold.,,( the pool water is cold caused we don't use the water heater system for the pool. the wheater in ubud more colder than seminyak or south destination. now we have cut of the coconut leave trees and hope our private pool will get more sun and make more warm water.
2 - Ants over day bed by pool. could not sit down and relax on it once. I did let reception know they said this was due to the trees overhanging which I don't think was entirely the case. So that was a bit disappointing. ( we do apologize for the Red Ants ) the ants coming from the coconut trees and it's animal love with the sweet water on the trees. we have coordinated with our pest control to protection and hope no a lot of Ants came to the floor of the pool deck. we use the traditional system of pest control and not using Chemicals. we have the concept in Bali i't call Tri Hita karana philosophy which is have a good relation human with nature. other wise we do have maintenance our resort with environmentally friendly.
3 - Villa privacy for end villa which I stayed in there is a local path in front of the pool and throughout the day locals would be walking along it as there was construction taking place just in front of Sankara. Not a big issue as the path was about 1m below the pool. Now we have to close our villa from bamboo to put more emphasis on comfort and privacy of our guests subdued. with the bamboo we hope, to be making a villa in comfortable circumstances but still can enjoy the natural atmosphere.
Once again thank you very much for your nice long comment and hope all of travelers will read you nice comment. we hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the next near future at Sankara ubud.

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We had a one bedroom pool villa for one night. The service was great, staff was very helpful and friendly. The room was amazing and beautiful, bathroom was gorgeous with the rainshower and oversized bathtub. Love the swimming pool too! Food was good and well priced for the quality you get. The only drawback was just because there was a construction going on outside our villa, and there were times when some people outside actually climbed the tree and was looking into the villa, which made us uncomfortable to continue our swim. There was alot of centipedes as well, which I kept accidentally stepped on.. And these centipedes invites a tokay, to our room. When we called the front desk, they tried to catch the tokay but failed, so they told us to wait while they tried to get pests control. We waited and waited but noone came. When we called they said they couldn't get the pest control because it was too late at night. We would appreciate it more if they would have told us earlier instead of not informing us anything when they found out they couldn't get anyone. But everything else was lovely, and we would definitely want to come back someday!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Penguinnakal

Warmest greeting from Sankara Ubud Resort, thank you very much for staying with us and we are glad to have your nice comment also the nice feed back of our resort. we do apologize for the project building next of the our resort. it's out of beyond our estimates. because of the initial information circulating that there will be no development in front of our resort in the long run. but the owner of the land the building when we were just beginning to open. This greatly beyond our expectations. they are the owners of australia and they are only going to build yoga. the building will finish around 5 months and information we noted they will use wooden materials to have finishing. We have using the bamboo to protection the view of project. About the gecko or tokay we have toke it already and hope no more gecko at the villa. the story of gecko is one of animal in Bali. usually every Balinese house will has gecko. the gecko are animals that live there in bali. gecko sound is a warning to the occupants of the house or room. from the sound of the gecko will characterize something there and come from the life to come, and also at that time. gecko also one mosquito-eating animals and help. oil than geckos can also be used for itching and frequently used drugs first in bali before the pharmacy.
once again, thank you for choosing sankara ubud resort for you holiday and do apologize for any inconvenience caused. we hope have the opportunity to welcoming you at the Sankara ubud a peaceful living.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

If you are looking for a quiet, great stay suroundet by risfields. This hotel is perfect for you. There is absolutly nothing bad on that hotel. Food was great. The people so friendly and helpful. My room was big and so comfortable. The pool and the hole hotel area new and so nice. You get free yoga in the morning or you can join a running group. They have spa but I went to Unud to get one. They have 6 or more shuttle bus to Ubud. There is really nothing to complain. Book it and enjoy!

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Jacquelin S

warmest greeting from Sankara Ubud Resort
Hope we find you are always healthy. we glad to meet you and gave our service during with us. thank you very much for choosing Sankara Ubud for your holiday during in Ubud and we are happy to have you got the living paradise at our resort. please contact us at anytime if you would like to have stay again in the next near future and we hope have the opportunity to give our best service at paradise island Bali.

Ketut and All staff at Sankara
Olympia, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Sankara is perfection. Rooms are gorgeous and comfortable. Bathrooms exceptionally lovely with Balinese style showers. Guests tend to gather at the pool in midday and you meet people from all over the world. But the best thing about Sankara is the staff. They quickly learn your name and you learn theirs. Pretty soon you feel like family. Breakfasts have several choices and all are good. Dinners are reasonable and well prepared. Sankara is a place for complete relaxation. If you want to unwind and get away from it all, you can't beat the location. Shuttles take you into town. But by early afternoon, it's too hot to enjoy exploring. Head back to Sankara for a little pool time. Lunches are served poolside. Get in on the good deals at Agoda and Booking.com before the prices go up.

Room Tip: This is a small resort and all the rooms are perfectly lovely.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Karyn L

Warmest greeting from Sankara Ubud Resort, we are glad to heard you have a perfection stayed with us. thank you very much for you beautiful comment and hope we have time to welcoming you back at Sankara in the next near future. All of us are missing you.

Ketut and All staff at sankara
geelong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

We absolutely loved Sankara. Everything was perfect. We had a 1 bedroom pool villa, beautiful pool area - and outside lounge area to sit and read and relax. The bathroom was amazing, lots of little touches, bath salts etc. Fresh flowers scattered in the room on arrival. Air cond worked very well and was very quiet. Breakfast was lovely. We did have one lunch in the restaurant which we enjoyed. We both had a massage in the spa which had a lovely feel to it and a great massage. The bed was very comfortable. Most of all the staff were so obliging, keen to get feedback from us on any suggestions we had for them. I have been to Bali over 20 times and Sankara is right up there with my favorites. Thank you - we will be back :) My only suggestion would be to perhaps trial having hourly shuttle to Ubud centre. I think that would make it easier for people staying as it is a little out of the centre of Ubud.

Room Tip: Pool villas are a must
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
SankaraUbud, Manager at Sankara Resort, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear our lovely Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice comment and we are glad to have you enjoyed stay and have special experience with our staff. hope we have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the next near future.

please passing our best regard to your family.
ketut and all staff sankara

Been to Sankara Resort? Share your experiences!