What a great experience! This privately owned hotel offers a very special experience that no 4 star chain could ever hope to emulate. Stunning gardens and extensive grounds encompass multiple pools and relaxation areas, a serene atmosphere supported by smiling staff happy to try and meet any request albeit on a timeline that follows no specific clock. The interpretation of the request can be also challenging and often amusing! The entire "resort" is peppered with a quite amazing and eclectic collection of art and the typical balinese layout encompassing a myriad little paths surrounding thatched rooms and double storey villas makes for a very traditional balinese experience. Rooms can be a little hit or miss, either gorgeous and spacious or nice but smaller; the villas are all just stunning. Fantastic huge balinese baths in every accommodation, comfy beds, cable TV, great breakfast in the restaurant and yummy room service. Amazing variety of frogs croaking from multiple small ponds dotted everywhere. A short 10 minutes from the busy street of central Ubud so perfect location. One improvement could definitely be better use and promotion of the cocktail bar which would round off the hotel nicely. Definitely not for the visitor wanting a homogenised hotel/resort brand but certainly a unique place to stay and I am looking forward to returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mansion Hotel & Spa is one of Bali's rare gems. Set in a tropical lush green park estate, it offers outstanding hospitality and the extensive facilities of a luxury resort. The Mansion is a registered five stars luxury hotel. The Mansion is situated in the artist community of Penestanan on the Sayan Ridge just a few minutes drive from the centre of Ubud, the island's cultural centre. The Mansion Resort has been nominated by the prestigious Conde Nast Traveler as the World's 100 Best New Hotel, 2004 Hot List, is selected by Luxury Group since 2006, and is choosen by National Geographic Traveler Indonesia as one of 20 favourite hotels, may 2010. Hotels were chosen throughout Indonesia based on the following criteria: service; unique hotel personality; environment and social awareness; online booking facilities; architecture and views; safety and security; value for money. Heaven & Earth Spa at The Mansion Resort has been awarded by the prestigious "World Luxury Spa Awards" as "Best Luxury Hotel Spa - Country Winner 2011" and "Best Luxury Medical Spa - Country Winner 2012" , and was recently selected by Conde Nast Johansens 2013 in its epicurean collection of Luxury Spa. Experience the ultimate in massage and healing rituals at Heaven & Earth, The Mansion's celebrated spa facility. Treatments are drawn from the most traditional therapies to the most comprehensive selection of modern medical spa therapies to rekindle your Body, Health, Beauty, Mind & Senses. Guests at The Mansion can enjoy a unique culinary experience reminiscent of classic dining ambiance. In an ornate setting, perfect for celebrating a special occasion or important announcement, dining at The Mansion offers the ultimate in ambience, service and attention to detail. At Indochine, savour the unique combination of Asian & Continental nouvelle cuisine, an ideal location for a select dinner or gathering. Cafe La Terrace offers a casual menu in an airy conservatory, decorated with an impressive array of art selected from The Mansion's private collection.Sia Pacific region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Mansion Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mansion Hotel Ubud
- The Mansion Resort Hotel And Spa
- Mansion Hotel Ubud
- The Mansion Resort Hotel & Spa Ubud, Bali