I rather hurts me to write this review because the staff at Kayumanis are delightful!!! They truly made our stay better than it otherwise would have been. We have stayed at other places in Ubud, and decided to try this: we would not return (sorry, staff!)
First, none of the one bedroom villas have any view: indeed they are built within 4 concrete walls which block breeze and any feeling that you're even in Bali - it's bad. Second is bad design: a completely outdoor bathroom and a cave-like, unromantic, claustropobic bedroom. Within 30 seconds of being taken to our room (one of the new deluxe villas), we started trying to figure out how to make a change! They had a 3 BR villa with a view of the river jungle - which we took (obviously at a price). It seems there are about 4 villas, all mutliple BR, that have this view - which is mainly of foliage and lack of a concrete wall: it is pleasant but not awesome (you cannot see the river gorge). The huge plunge pool was surrounded by big trees and was the highlight of the villa. The BR we used, had a nice view also out the side "french doors" But, the rooms are not well-maintained: stained fabrics and netting, plumbing that doesn't work properly, etc. The food is very good, Thai and Indonesian. The spa and pool by the river are very nice. The staff will drive you and pick you up in Ubud and surrounding areas whenever you desire, which is nice. My advice: stay here ONLY if you have one of the few villas with a view (without a concrete wall, tiny bedroom and horrid bathroom) AND if you can overlook the sloppy maintenance/housekeeping: it's rather like staying at a friend's somewhat decaying, but charming family villa with the sweetest staff!
- Also Known As:
- Kayumanis Ubud Private Villa Hotel Ubud
- Kayumanis Ubud Private Villa And Spa
- Kayumanis Ubud Private Villa Hotel
- Kayumanis Ubud Private Villa & Spa Bali
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kayumanis Ubud Private Villas & Spa is a discrete, intimate hideaway in the heart of Bali’s mystical Ubud. Nestled amongst groves of cinnamon trees and fragrant blooms, this haven is situated overlooking a tropical forest and the gently flowing Ayung River. Luxuriously designed and tastefully furnished as a blend of ethnic, modern and traditional aesthetic for each of its 23 villas. Balinese, Javanese, Oriental, Palembang, Primitive and Modern characteristic will draw your attention to the artistic heritage of the Indonesian archipelago and enrich your experience to a perfect escape from the harshness of living in today’s urban jungle. Each villa is set within its own tropical compound with a private pool and open-style bathroom. All villas feature a gourmet kitchen and other high-end facilities to ensure that every stay is one of pure indulgence. Kayumanis Ubud Private Villa & Spa does not accommodate children age below 16 years old ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Splendia, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, MrandMrsSmith, Expedia, Venere and Otel so you can book your Kayumanis Ubud Private Villa & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.