“Blissful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Alam Jiwa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ubud
Alam Jiwa
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   P.O.Box 165, Nyuhkuning, Ubud, Bali 80571, Indonesia   |
Ranked #10 of 119 hotels in Ubud
Bath, United Kingdom
“Blissful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

We felt as if we were on holiday from the moment we arrived here, it is such a tranquil and beautiful place with very friendly staff who go out of their way to be helpful. We booked at the last minute and had to change rooms, we had two rooms on the ground floor, Garuda and Gelatik, both of which were amazing, although the view from Gelatik was not the best. This was more than made up for by the rooms themselves which are huge, together with wonderful balconies and lovely open air bathrooms. Breakfast can be served on your balcony and you can even order dinner from nearby Lake Leke to be served on the balcony. I would happily return again.

This hotel is in a village just outside Ubud. It is a 15 minute walk to central Ubud but pick ups can be arranged if eating out in Ubud. Being away from the centre is a definite advantage to me-it enhances the feeling of peace and tranquility

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

381 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Edmonton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

My husband, my son and I stayed at this resort in Ubud and absolutely loved it! We felt like we were in a dream world! The attitude and feel of the resort is so peaceful and relaxing. The staff were amazing and very accommodating. Our room backed onto rice fields and was also a backdrop of peace. Our room was out of this world complete with ceiling to floor mosquito nets. Close proximity to Monkey Forest Road and the town of Ubud. Highly, highly recommend anyone to stay at this resort. When we re visit Bali we will definitely stay here again. LOVED IT!!!!

Room Tip: Not sure if all rooms back onto the rice fields but I would recommend booking a room that does. It...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

For 6 days in late April, early May 9 of us made Alam Jiwa our home base in Ubud. Because of its close proximity to Monkey Forest Road we regularly wandered into town to indulge in Ubud’s abundant joys individually, in small groups or collectively. Whilst we enjoyed the hustle and bustle of the town all of us looked forward to returning to the tranquility of Alam Jiwa’s setting and to the care and attention shown to us by the outstanding staff. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I go to Bali many, many times, and this is the worst hotel/B&B I stayed at.

When we arrived at 1am, we were shown to our room, but not given the proper check in procedure. No wifi password, briefing on where the free water is, etc. Then we found out the air con is not working. People came and checked but to no avail.

When I expressed frustration on it, the manager shrugged and told me this is Bali, if I am not happy with it I could stay in another hotel. When I asked why the shower is trickling, and very weak, they provided the excuse that it's on the second floor. Come on, I've stayed in other B&Bs in Bali with strong shower on the second floor. Is it their excuse assuming travelers are ignorant of Bali's development. And oh, they put that excuse on the weak wi-fi too!

And " you can leave now (at 1am even!) and stay in another hotel" is the worst thing a service-oriented staff could say. Thumbs down.

It was only when I said, don't use your third-world-Bali as an excuse, I've been here countless times, and this is the first time it has happened, then he was apologetic.

They asked someone to fix the next day, it got cooler a bit, but still very warm.

Too bad, the room is nice and so is the view.

I used to stay in another place in Ubud and I regret not staying at my other place.

They graciously apologized after, and gave us 10% discount, but service recovery was late.

Needless to say, I will never go back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

My friend who visited Bali more than 10 times recommend me to stay in this resort because she is always stayed in this place if she travels to Bali, and now I understand why.
The resort is not far from the center (15-20' to walk). A beautiful rice filed view, quiet and amazing place. The time we spent there to look at the rice field just so peaceful like on paradise!!!
The room is clean and nice design. The staff is superb friendly. We will back here for sure. Highly recommend!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Brighton, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

What a gorgeous place this is. Located in the village of Nyuhkuning, away from the crowds in Ubud (but only a short walk through the monkey forest away) we felt really at home here with our 2 small children. The location is perfect, and a short walk down the road are several places to eat. We liked the Laka Leke restaurant which was about 5 mins walk away, food was great and the kids loved the dancing which happened most nights (ended up eating there a few times in our short stay!)

We had the Jatayu Room which was beautiful (and enormous!). A separate bed for each of the kids, mosquito nets and it's own amazing terrace and garden. Perfect for our family. It doesn't have the rice paddy views of some of the other rooms, but makes up for it in so many other ways. We'd choose this room again.

Great pool to flop into after a day exploring, our son finally learned to swim here (hurrah!) so it will always hold really fond memories.

The staff at Alam Jiwa are some of the loveliest we've met on our travels. Amazing friendly service meaning you can just relax and enjoy this really special place.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We stayed in the Cendrawasih suite and Wow!!! It was like a palace. Traditional Balinese at its best. Indoor/outdoor style accommodation complete with outdoor shower. Hospitable staff who made you feel welcome and couldn't do enough for you. Easy walk through the monkey forest to the centre of Ubud. Delicious breakfast and afternoon teas served to your villa.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Alam Jiwa? Share your experiences!