“Excellent Location in Central Ubud” 4 of 5 stars

Pertiwi Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Monkey Forest St., Ubud, Bali 80571, Indonesia   |
Ranked #100 of 127 Hotels in Ubud
Ubud, Indonesia
“Excellent Location in Central Ubud”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I spent a week here when I first arrived in Ubud and found the location perfect for exploring the central core of Ubud. My garden room was quiet, allowing for restful sleeps after my sightseeing adventures. The staff were all surprisingly social and personable, greeting me by name after even the first night there, which is the hallmark of great service. The breakfast buffet was a great value - I spent every morning indulging before starting my day. All in all a great stay and introduction to Ubud, you really can't go wrong here. Thanks for everything.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a garden room so you won't hear any of the traffic on the main road.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Indonesian first
Valparaiso, Chile
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

The garden of this hotel is surprisingly huge, you need a small car to reach most of rooms.
BUT if you're close to main entrance it's a great hotel: staff very professionnal, hotel perfectly located, beautiful garden and swimming pool and quiet place

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Vail, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Pertiwi's location couldn't be more ideal if you're looking to stay in the heart of Ubud! We were fortunate to stay in one of the new buildings, as I understand people have been very dissatisfied with the older ones. Our unit was clean (white tiles and walls), comfortable, and had a great view from our private balcony. Considering the modernity of our room I enjoyed how traditional the rest of the hotel grounds were. The hotel has an Indonesian feeling while also being fairly hip. I thought our complimentary breakfast options were great as well. Plenty of fruit and yummy banana pancakes for me! The one complaint I had was the front desk staff. The people working the grounds were extremely friendly and happy, but the front desk staff wasn't as helpful as some of the places we have previously stayed.

Room Tip: Request to stay in a new building!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Just checked in last night. Will update again later. We stayed in the old section of the hotel at the back of the resort. The view from the balcony is incredibly Bali. You can see rooftop and trees like staying in the mountain resort with the touch of Bali all around you. The only problem we have is the bathroom doesn't have ventilation system and the AC wall unit system is really noisy. The lavatory has both cold and hot water on separate faucets which make it impossible to mix the water temperature which rendered it wortless. Thank goodness the shower has a mixer of cold and hot water. The entrance of the hotel is hard to appreciate the size of this property.
Breakfast this morning is just Okay, but the staff are really friendly. Wifi system is very good all around the property including the room.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Samara Wills
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Great location. We had a pool villa which could have been amazing except the room was so musky even incense wouldn't mask the smell. The only choice was to have the doors open for fresh air but then we got eaten alive by Mosquitos. Also many weird brown stains on the mosquito netting, walls and pillows.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
PandeSuartaya, Manager at Pertiwi Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Ms. Samara Wills,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback to Pertiwi resort and spa . Your riview was mean to us. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been.

I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and team. We certainly take note for the browns stains on the mosquito netting, walls and pillow. I had address it to department concern to take action. For sure your next visit will change the ambience and atmosphere of pertiwi resort and spa
once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope that the remainder of your trip to Bali was most enjoyable.

With warms regards,

Pande Suartaya
Corporate Operation manager
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Ill make it succinct, but firstly I should say I have been to Bali 7 times, this is the first time I have felt the need to update everyone in such a negative fashion.

1) the room we are staying in has no ambience at all, it reminds me of an airport motel back in Australia.

2) the bathroom has ants in it and the fluorescent light has a noisy buzz to it.

3) the internet fails to stay connected in our room ( though they say the service exists) so i am writing this review from the foyer

4) the bed is hard & noisy

5) they offer (and advertise) a same day laundry cleaning service providing you drop off before 10:00 am. We dropped off our laundry at 9:00 am and its now 9:00 pm but they don't have it ready "come back tomorrow" they said with a smile.

6) Service in the restaurant or by the bar is poor, you have to go to them to be served.

7) Also watch out for the golf carts the staff use to go from one end of the resort to the other...i discovered they have right of way, even though i was carrying our 6 month old baby.

8) We pre-organised a cot ... it has no mattress in it.

I think i have said enough, one unhappy customer.

Room Tip: I would chose the rooms as far away as possible from the entrance (on Monkey Forest Rd), ours is pro...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
PandeSuartaya, Manager at Pertiwi Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Dear Mr. /Mrs. Tonner,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on your recent stay here at Pertiwi resort and spa . It is truly appreciated.

our sincere and unreserved apologies for not having been able to meet your expectations.

However, I am really sorry to learn about the areas where we did not manage to meet your expectations. We will look into these issues and take corrective actions where appropriate.

Thanks again for your detailed and valuable comments to us, we do appreciate that. We look forward to welcoming you and your family again and having an opportunity to win your confidence back.

With warmest regards,

Pande Suartaya
Corporate Operation Manager
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I loved the loco here, right on Monkey Forest Rd and walking distance to everything we needed. The staff were friendly and the property grounds beautiful. Two pools were also a treat. Breakfast was a full buffet, which was excellent value compared to other places we've stayed. Only downside was our room. The sheets felt damp and at night all I could smell was the remnants of smoke - as if at one time the room was smoking allowed. Also, our bathroom door didnt shut properly - that meant while I had "Bali Belly", my poor friend also got the worst of it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Pertiwi Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!