“Delicious and Inspirational!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 20 Food & Drink in Ubud
More attraction details
Owner description: Raw Food Bali offers you the chance to learn all about raw food through our unique Raw Food Classes. Taught by our experienced professional chefs at our private kitchen in the heart of Ubud, our classes include a nutritional lecture on the benefits of the raw food lifestyle and the demonstration of around five delicious nutritious raw food recipes.
Mui Ne, Vietnam
“Delicious and Inspirational!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

This was one of my absolute favourite ways to spend an afternoon (and that is after experiencing 7 months of travelling activities!) Jon is a superb teacher, answers all your questions and more, and I left feeling truly encouraged to get busy experimenting in my own kitchen. We packed in loads of recipes in the few hours, and had little samplers of others. This class would suit absolute 'beginners' in raw food, or anyone wanting to perfect some techniques. Jon is really down to earth and approachable.
Like everyone else says, go hungry! I even left with a pile of takeaway boxes with goodies...mmmm.
I had a one-on-one class - which meant that initially the price was a little out of my backpacker budget but it was totally worth it for the experience and knowledge I got.
Thanks Jon!

Visited September 2013
jondale88, Owner at Raw Food Classes with Raw Food Bali, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thanks for the kind review Liz :)

New York City, New York
“THE BEST DAY IN BALI”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

The best thing you can do if you go to Bali.

Jon's course was absolutely fantastic. We learned about 8 new (incredible) recipes, received a nutritional lecture and got to stay as long as we wanted in the end to make samples ourselves.
Jon is an inspiration. He is glowing from the inside out.
I truly recommend this course, for everyone! You are 100% going to walk away with something. He has inspired me to live a healthier lifestyle and be more attentive of the way I prepare my food

Thank you so much Jon for showing me my passion in life is making RAW FOOD!

Visited October 2013
Bangkok
“Inspiring day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I had a lot of fun at the raw food workshop and would recommend it to anyone wanting learn about raw food. The recipes were delicious and I left feeling inspired. Jon was able to answer numerous questions and gave lots of options to substitute ingredients. I'm looking forward to recreating the dishes from the workshop and feel confident about experimenting with some new ingredient combinations. Wonderful day!

Visited October 2013
jondale88, Owner at Raw Food Classes with Raw Food Bali, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Thanks for the awesome review Lisa :) Looking forward to hearing how your experimentation goes!
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 attraction reviews
“Inspiring, Professional, Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

The Raw Food Bali classes are amazing! Each time a new menu, new advice, new exciting tips, and loads of awesome information & of course delicious food! The organizer is professional, super nice & knowledgeable about raw food. I fully recommend these classes to everyone who comes to Bali!

Visited May 2013
Victoria, Australia
“Amazing experience, highly recommended!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

My husband and I did a private 3 hour class with Jon on our last day in Ubud. We are so very, very glad that we did! Jon was so open with sharing his time, kitchen, knowledge and food. There was lots of opportunity to tweak recipes to suit our individual tastes as well -- we substituted either date puree or coconut nectar for honey, for example. My husband is a huge choc-nut fan and we were able to help "freesh" up some new recipes for two types of chocolate "cheese"cake. Both were unbelievable and I can't wait to make them at home. Jon had lots of ideas of other substitutions that could be made as well, so each single recipe becomes like dozens. :)
As well as a lot of general principles of raw food, we used irish moss, lecithin, jicama, raw beetroot, miso, vanilla beans,cacao better and cacao nibs for the first time. We learnt about dehydrating techniques, blending and processing techniques, sushi-rolling tips...and we ate. A lot.

Plus we had leftovers to take away...but not for long. :)

I'm afraid we didn't take pictures of everything that we made -- too eager to dive in. However, a couple that we do have are below. All up we made Living Lasagne (including making a raw marinara (tomato) sauce, a delicious pumpkin seed pesto, a cashew cheese, and assembing the whole thing with zucchini "noodles" and lots of fresh capsicum; Onion Cheese bread (we were able to try some pre-prepared slices and make Lasagne sandwiches -- O. M. G.); three different types of Nori rolls -- one with jicama "rice," one with coconut "rice" and a lettuce-ey salad one, all with an absolutely delicious ginger-teriyaki pate which I could eat by the bowlfull). And then -- cheesecake for dessert! One using coconut oil as the setting agent (my favourite) and one using cacao butter and irish moss (also delicious, and my husband's favourite).

One of our favourite experiences in Ubud (and we did some amazing things). We highly, highly recommend it.

Photos: http://s40.photobucket.com/user/angeandbella/library/raw%20food%20bali%20cooking%20class

Visited September 2013
jondale88, Owner at Raw Food Classes with Raw Food Bali, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thanks for the awesome detailed review Ange :) Looking forward to hearing how your Chocolate Peanutbutter FreeshCake comes out! I'm thinking of making a Chocolate Peanutbutter Fudge...Drooool