“Great home away from home: friendly, clean and safe” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pugig Homestay

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Pugig Homestay
You added Pugig Homestay to your Saves list
Penestanan Kaja, Ubud, Bali 80571, Indonesia   |
Ranked #26 of 315 Ubud B&B and Inns
Fremantle, Australia
“Great home away from home: friendly, clean and safe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We've been staying at Pugig Homestay since 1986. Over the years the accommodation has changed and evolved. The houses/rooms are spacious and clean. The staff and Balinese family are very friendly and provide excellent service. The location is quiet and beautiful with a small pool and lush garden. And price is very affordable and good value.
All in all I can highly recommend Pugig Homestay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Seminyak, Bali
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I found this Homestay from a dating site, and the reason because I speak German, so does the Owner. Since would be rare to find a Homestay or Hotel in Ubud area who the Staffs or Owner can speak German.

I choosed the single room, as I travelled alone. And my first impression is the room is so big, with a standing fan since Ubud always cold at night, shower, soap, sitting toilet, king size bed, clothes hangers, 1 set sofa and table, wastafel, cupboard with a direct view to the greenish forest through the glass windows.

The Staffs are very helpful, and informative, esp. Bu Ketut who treated me so well, and Pak Svente who picked me return to the Bedugul for Wall Climbing. I rented the Motorbike there for IDR 50.000/day without the Ubud maps, so I had to purchased around IDR 30.000 in local Minimarket called Delta for the Ubud Map.

The location of this Homestay is very close to D'omah, Blanco Museum and Monkey Forest Str. which can be reached less than 18 mins by feet, or 3 mins by Motorbike.

I paid around IDR 150.000/Night, Appr. USD 15 which is a really good offering for Backpackers or Travellers who want to comfort Theirselved in big room. That would also included Breakfast with a typically pancake.

Even if You don't know the Homestay is, Pak Wayan Kasta or Pak Svente will pick You up from the point You informed immediately. They offered also a Rafting package around IDR 300.000 in Ayung River.

This Homestay has a wi-fi, but for some local providers such as Three or Indosat M3 would get lack of signal. And swimming pool always be cleaned everyday by Pak Svente.

The minus point of my room is only the mosquitos in the night, and I've handled that by bought a 1 spray Vape or 1 spray Hit Mosquitos repellent.

In the morning, You could try to do Yoga around 10 minutes from this Homestay and costs around IDR 10.000 / USD 1 :-)

I'll back again on Apr 19th - Apr 24th, and I'll stay there everytime I go to Ubud.

Room Tip: Purchase the 1 Spray Mosquitos repellent from local Minimart like Circle K or Delta. Use Perama T...