“Accomodating but average overall” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #202 of 349 Activities in Ubud
Boise
7 attraction reviews
“Accomodating but average overall”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Nice spa but average after having been to Nu Spa. For the price difference, I'll go back to Nu and skip Zen Bali.

Vancouver, Canada
8 attraction reviews
“Can't beat the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This place is perfect if you're on budget or just want to try traditional Balinese spa. For the price of a regular manicure in North America, I had body massage, floral bath, shower, and relaxation facial! Quality not so much, but I didn't expect much considering the price I was paying. I thought the open window bathroom facing the garden was lovely. Perhaps not the cleanest place, but good enough if you just want to take a break from the hot sun and relax in traditional spa while smelling frangipani around.

Sydney, Australia
“When Bali Time Stretches in a Bad Way!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Problem - really poor service from the Guy on Reception (14 Oct 2012).

So there I was, rocked into Ubud, arrived 5 minutes early straight from the Yoga Barn.. ready to go for pre-booked appointment, but told to wait until room was ready..

OK chilled for 10 minutes & my pre-booked 5:45 was looking more like a 6pm start. Asked what was up with that & received a ridiculous response along the lines of "you have to wait until the room was tidy" My 5:45 was his 6!

The useless front clerk guy should have said 6pm & told me I'd have to wait 20 minutes. Cooling down after yoga like this was screwing with my zen. No apology = so told him service was terrible & walked out.

Simple issue - shoddy professional service!

Only scores a one because you can't select zero/zilch/nardo nothing!?

Been to Indo 5 times now, often you need to be reasonably aggressive when arranging some services.

*Buyer/Traveller Beware*

Singapore, Singapore
18 attraction reviews
“Found 4 worms/caterpillars(?) in my Floral bath”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Was recommended this place by my friend who said it was recommended by Lonely Planet.

Well, service was ok, staff were polite but there was nothing special about the service. I guess it was just cordial.

I did the Floral Bath while my friend went for the Milk Bath. Each bath consisted of a massage, a scrub and a bath. The massage was barely ok. It was somewhat relaxing but nothing that made mewant to return again. I suppose it could be a personal preference - I like massages that can identify my muscle problems or those that exert more pressure on the correct points.

Scrub - didn't feel that the scrub was equally distributed but am glad it wasn't too abrasive or painful.

Bath - found 4 worms/caterpillars in mybath tub, presumably from the flowers.

Though the massaue did knock, My friend had complaints about massaue entering the room when she said "stop, no". My friend also complained about the bath tub having hair that did not
belong to her.

Perhaps for Lonely Planet reviewers, this place is good enough. But it is not one that I'll want to return to again.

Sydney
14 attraction reviews
“Best spa in Ubud”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I came here 3 times during my stay in Ubud. Its just next to the Yoga Barn so after a gruelling yoga session I would just pop into the spa. They were always able to accommodate me and were very flexible with their treatments. I had the massage/skinscrub/flower bath and it was very relaxing but other times I opted for straight out massages and they were able to vary them with oils and pressure. The room looked out onto a beautiful private courtyard and there were lovely touches like a bowl of flowers under the massage table for you to look at. The entire place is very nicely presented. I went to a couple of other places but they weren't a patch on this. Only complaint is that on my last session the water coming out of the shower was cold.

Visited August 2012