“A Destination” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #175 of 440 Restaurants in Ubud
Cuisines: Indonesian, Mediterranean, Pan-Asian
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: " Taste The Rondji Touch at Blanco Museum "Named after the wife of Don Antonio Blanco, Rondji Restaurant is serving a Fine Balinese, Indonesian & Mediterranean Cuisine, using a recipe that is part of the family treasure, crafted & twisted by our Award Winning Chefs. While also introducing exotic signature dishes from all the 9 region of Bali. Extensive Wine List and great selection of Exotic Cocktails crafted by our Award Winning Mixology are all there for you to accompany our great selection of tapas, or simply sip our best local Tea & Coffee from our Afternoon Tea Menu. A part of the Blanco Renaissance Museum, Rondji Restaurant overlooking the most scenic view of Campuhan Hill. The interior, design by the only son of Don Antonio Blanco, I Made Mario Blanco is kept minimalist to complement the beauty of the surrounding. The Blanco family's temple with a huge 50 years old Banyan tree and a Hindu Pagoda of 12 roof is located on the North-East corner, completed with an Amphitheater for occasional performance.
Ubud, Indonesia
“A Destination”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

As an ubud fan, I find it difficult to believe that I didn't know about this place soon enough. Been to most places to eat duck, I ask friends where should I go to try a new one. A friend reccomended "Blanco Museum" I said "what?" Well what he meant were a Restaurant named "Rondji" at the Blanco Museum Complex, I arrived around 5pm, the view is breathtaking, sat on the deck over looking the campuhan hill, I was told that they have "buy 1 get 1" till 7pm on their selection of Mojitos, I ordered Candied Ginger Mojito which is probably the best I ever tried. I ordered "Bebek Rondji" as I planned, I didn't expect much, but after few bite, I was totaly amazed, the duck is so crispy on the out side but still have a good texture on the inside, the Balinese sambal matah that comes with it, is really tease my taste bud. No doubt in the future, this will be a new destination for Crispy Duck Lover.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Rondji, Executive Marketing at Rondji Restaurant, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Mr.Arsana,

Greetings from Rondji Restaurant, Ubud, Bali.

Thank you for your coming to Rondji Restaurant. It is our great pleasure knowing that you had a great time with us at Rondji Restaurant, We really appreciate your effort to share your experience about our Cocktails promo and our Crispy Duck on tripadvisor. We really proud about our Crispy Duck because we had a special recipe that makes our duck so delicious.

Your comment and opinions are very valuable for us to grow and be able to exceed your expectation on food & service is our main focus for your next visit.

i would love to inform you that we have Balinese Dance Performances on Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday at 7.30Pm, also we have an Acoustic Band on Thursday at 7.30Pm.

I want you can feel Rondji Restaurant is like your second home and you may come visit us whenever you are available. I am still looking forward to see you again with your partner, family and friends.

Don't forget to visit our Social Media for more information and photos:
Website : www.rondjirestaurantubud.com

• Indonesian first
portland or
“Our Christmas Gift”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

We found this restaurant by accident but were instantly drawn in to further explore it by the graciousness of the manager, Priscilla. So we celebrated Christmas dinner here. The ambiance, attentiveness of staff, food and live performance were all amazing. Though the portions were small, they were tasty and sufficient. We felt instantly at home and truly appreciated.
Thanks to all the staff and particularly Priscilla....great job!

Busselton, Australia
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

The Blanco Renaissance Museum is a definite must for art lovers travelling to Ubud. It has an interesting, eclectic collection by its namesake Antonio Blanco. I always have reserved expectations of restaurants serving "western" food in Bali. The Rondji Restaurant definitely was a positive experience for me. Firstly the ambience is lovely - spectacular views, comfortable and elegant décor and highly attentive staff. The service was impeccable, in Bali it can at times be a little too intrusive - but the staff were extremely friendly and helpful without being too much in your "space". The menu has a choice of Balinese or Spanish. I had a Balinese taste plate that was delicious, the main was also a Balinese chicken dish - it wasn't rave worthy but nether-the-less enjoyable. The dessert was a frozen house made icecream dish that would rate as one of the better desserts I have eaten in Bali. It is worth noting that they also served well priced "good" wine which can be a bit hit and miss in Bali. Overall the Rondji is certainly worth a visit - next time I may venture to try their Spanish menu.

batam Indonesia
“SERIUS ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

WENT CHRISTMAS EVE WITH FRIENDS AND WERE SORELY DISAPPOINTED. WE HAD THE SET MENU WITH WINE PARING. We were served micro portions on enormously large plates.
1 slice of bad tasting tuna followed by 1 ravioli and then the main was 2 pieces of beef no bigger than a tablespoon and then dessert. Obviously they had no idea what wine pairing meant as the girl asked us if we wanted Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc and would we want red later? We went home to eat again.The location of this restaurant is one of a kind but they won't stay in business long if they keep up this level of quality and quantity along with the untrained staff.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
“My fav restaurant in Ubud: superb Balinese food, views, fast wifi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

Came here thrice with my family over our 4 day stay -- it was near our hotel and we arrived late but they served us after closing hours. Great service.

We just wanted a quick meal after a long flight, but everyone really loved the food. Having been to Mozaic, Indus, Casa Luna, Bebek Bengil etc. etc. I think this place has probably my favourite Balinese inspired dishes in Ubud. All the starters were excellent (especially the Balinese Chicken Salad); the Spanish Pork Chops were great, and the desserts exceeded expectations. The rice was fragrant and perfectly fluffed. For the price, this is not to be missed.

(The hilltop view, proximity to the Antonio Biano Museum and healthy broadband wifi speeds were all bonuses. The mosquitoes at night were a bit of a minus, but the staff lit coils to ward them off).

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere