“Beautiful oasis in the heart of ubud” 5 of 5 stars

You added Alaya Resort Ubud to your Saves list
Alaya Resort Ubud
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Hanoman, Ubud, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #38 of 145 Hotels in Ubud
“Beautiful oasis in the heart of ubud”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

I recently spent 4 blissful nights in the Alaya. As a lone traveller I felt very well looked after by the staff who were very friendly and helpful and booked me on a number of day tours which were top notch and even helped me book my next hotel when I was to leave ubud. The hotel is brand new and beautifully designed. It is great value for money and I can't recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed April 2013
AlayaResortUbud, Manager at Alaya Resort Ubud, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Stephygg,
We are so happy with your praises about our property, our staff are always ready to meet all your staying needs with us. We open our doors to travellers looking to experience the village of Ubud and all of its attributes. To complete your journey of senses, we recommend during your next stay to experience our well-known spa, Dala Spa Ubud, with its natural ingredients and beauty rituals.
Again, thank you for your comments and looking forward to welcoming you again to Alaya Ubud on your next trip here.

Alaya Resort Ubud Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

From day one I realeized that there are two issues in the hotel: the worst internet connection and undiversified type of food in the breakfast, for example you cannot order cheese or potato in the breakfast unless you pay more despite that breakfast is included in the room charge.

Today I add another to the list of disadvantages, I went to the lobby for breakfast and I told them my order eggs no chiken no beacon and Mrs. Anny said only vegetarian food I said yes if you consider eggs is vegetables. After long time of waiting anf 3 families just came after me and thy are now enjoying thier coffee I am still waiting untill another guy bring me a plate of all kind of meat plus eggs he let me loss my appetiate.
I told him many times let Anny come please I want to talk with her but he didnt. then I just took my coffee which I requist again -as they forget it- to the room without eating my breakfast.
thier long time of service and changing my order ruing my morning.
I wish if I booked the hotel for max two nights, it is 9 am now and I am waiing this day to finish so I can check out and leave. BAD EXPERIANCE

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
AlayaResortUbud, Manager at Alaya Resort Ubud, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear BADER A,
Thank you for your feedback.
We much appreciate your patience during your stay with us. As Alaya strives to offer the best products and services, we apologize for the inconvenience caused by our staff. We will look into the issue and will deal with it accordingly. Thank you once again for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back in near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at Alaya during their opening special offer of half price rooms. Firstly I was on the ground floor but asked to be moved after the first night during which they were trying to fix a blocked pipe outside! Not off to a great start but things improved and the third floor room was much quieter. Staff aimed to please with a few other issues including a lack of hot water. Good location with a supermarket next door and Monkey Forest Rd close by. Need more deck chairs and add umbrellas for around the pool - it was very hot and there was not enough shade. The restaurant wasn't busy except for breakfast - the menu was not very appealing for those wanting a true Bali experience. Overall though, a great place to stay and I hope to go back some day soon. Thanks for making my first trip to Bali special.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear GoGirl12345,
We are so delighted you considered us a lovely hotel during your first trip to Bali. Apologize for any inconvenience caused about the said facility, we immediately resolved it to avoid any more problems in the future. As we are still on soft opening period, a lot of testing are being done to get us ready for full occupancy and improvements.
We truly appreciate for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Alaya Ubud on your next visit to Bali.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed two wonderful nights at Alaya Ubud Resort. The resort itself is fairly new and beautifully designed and we had a very spacious room with a king bed and big LCD TV and gorgeous balcony overlooking the pool. Breakfasts were delicious. The staff are all lovely and very helpful. We also loved the location, a 5 minute walk to the Monkey Forest and Monkey Forest Road. We loved Ubud and would love to come back and stay at Alaya again in the future.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Leah T,
We much appreciate your comments and most importantly that you had an fantastic stay with us. Glad you enjoyed our extremely popular breakfast. We pride ourselves for being the secluded boutique in Ubud, but at the same time having easy access to all major attractions, and still provide a personalized service for each and every guest treating them as a family member.

Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We were lucky enough to enjoy a wonderful night at the Alaya Resort in Ubud. We have never stayed in Ubud before, we have driven through and around but never stayed the night. We always stay in Villa De Daun in Kuta and were asked if we would like to see what we thought of Alaya Resort.

We loved it. It was so peaceful overlooking the rice fields from the balconey of our room. The room was so nicely decorated and the fixtures magnificent. I could have stayed in the shower all day with the rain shower head.

All in all the experience of Alaya Resort was wonderful. The staff were so friendly and helpful.

Hopefully next time we will stay a bit longer and really enjoy the peace and quiet.

Karen and Ian

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
AlayaResortUbud, Manager at Alaya Resort Ubud, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Kaz66Perth,
We are so happy you had a relaxing experience during your stay with us. Here at Alaya, we ensure that we deliver the same level of warmth and looking after each guest personally, just like at Villa de daun Kuta. We want to offer a chance to experience Bali’s various destinations, in the heart of Kuta and Ubud.
Appreciate your praise and looking forward to welcoming you again to Alaya Ubud.

Warmest regards,
Alaya Ubud Management
Wasaga Beach, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Our 25th Wedding Anniversary needed a special hotel, so we checked the options in Ubud and selected the Alaya Resort. This proved to be one of my better decisions. From the moment we arrived to the time we had to leave it was a most enjoyable experience.

Our standard room was spacious, well designed and beautifully appointed. A marvelous breakfast was included each morning, as was complimentary afternoon tea. Dinner at the hotel's Petani restaurant was beautifully prepared and excellent value.

Staff took the usual Balinese hospitality to new heights - nothing was too much trouble. If you enjoy the spa experience, this is the place, and the pool provided the perfect way to recover from a busy day in town. The location is handy to most everything you need in Ubud.

They even surprised us with special considerations for our anniversary celebration. We really hated to move on, and will definitely return at the next opportunity. Go ahead, spoil yourself!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
AlayaResortUbud, Manager at Alaya Resort Ubud, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Wasagadave,
Thank you for visiting Alaya Resort Ubud and taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. Congratulations for your 25th wedding anniversary, we are truly happy that you chose to celebrate it with us here at Alaya. We want to give each guest a personalized and heart warming experience, from the moment they step into our lobby until check out. As many guests have commented, our convenient location, delicious breakfast, and wellness treatments at DaLa Spa is what makes sets up apart from other hotels in Ubud. Again, thank you for your comments and looking forward to welcoming you on your next wedding anniversary in Alaya Ubud.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We arrived into Ubud with no plans, just my iPad and tripadvisor for a guide, Hotel Alaya seemed to appear everywhere, so we thought we'd take a look. I'd seen it was only opened in January 2013 so it's very new and in perfect condition. The staff are all 100% friendly and services spot on, the rooms, especially the hot tub ones are amazing! We stayed in room 321 near the pool and loved it.

Both my partner and I wanted to cycle and see the rice fields but didn't want an all day trip so the hotel lent us their brand new mountain bikes and Mayun (a member of staff) kindly offered to let us cycle with him during his afternoon break. It was amazing! We saw locals bathe in the rivers, rice fields that tourists don't usually see and a sunset to die for.

Breakfast was very good, I had American one day and eggs benedict the others, with drinks and afternoon tea included too. They operate a private bus (again brand new!) to just about anywhere in the town you'd like, free. I have to say (and heard other visitors say when checking out too) that it is the best hotel they've stayed at, and I have to agree.

We would come back for sure!! Tim

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
AlayaResortUbud, Manager at Alaya Resort Ubud, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Timbogray,
We are happy that you found your stay with us absolutely perfect.
We wanted to create this experience using these small details, made available for guests, so they can enjoy every moment of their experience with us, whether it is simply relaxing in your room or laying by the pool or wanting to go out and explore Ubud and beyond. Our staff are well known for treating each guest as a family or dear friend.
We are looking forward to offering you another fabulous stay during your next visit to Alaya Ubud.