Will love to keep the awesomeness of this place to myself but I'm just doing a review of all the places I visited in Bali.
In short, I loved the room, the setting which blended in very well with what Ubud has got to offer and the location. Will very likely stay here again unless I'm thinking of really splurging on a grand hideaway/retreat the next time I go back to Ubud,
A few points for improvement (so that I would continue to have awesome visits at Alaya in the future)
1. Food wise, I think the american/continental cuisines were good (based on breakfast standards) but the indonesian/asian cuisines were not as good as others I have eaten subsequently around ubud and seminyak. I'm talking about food like Nasi goreng, beef kway teow soup etc. Presentation of the food was excellent, but I really think improvements can be made taste wise on the Indonesia and Asian cuisines. We need great food to complement the setting.
2. Comprehensive MAP of UBUD - Was a little surprised that the hotel did not have a comprehensive map of the Ubud area (referring to a map that has all the streets labelled). I ended up with a map which was a VERY rough sketch of the Ubud area (just the location of the hotel and maybe a few other places) on my first day which didn't really go as smoothly as I planned. Example, I wanted to go to Sari Organik but it was impossible to locate the place on that rough map given to me so yes, will be great if hotel stocked up some good maps of Ubud for hotel guests.
Other than that, it's awesome. Can't think of any other faults. :)
- Also Known As:
- Alaya Resort Ubud Bali
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in downtown Ubud, Alaya Resort Ubud meets the needs of international travelers as a modern interpretation of Bali’s local building culture through the combination of indigenous materials, imbued with the essence of ancient Ubud. It features 60 tastefully-appointed rooms, Petani restaurant specialising in cuisine from around the Indonesian archipelago and award-winning DaLa Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Tingo, HotelsClick and Venere so you can book your Alaya Resort Ubud reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.