Lovely place with a great atmosphere. The owner Etha is warm and the staff is very helpful and can help you with anything.
We wanted to stay for just one night, but decided to extend our stay with one night. This B&B is 15 minutes from the centre, so if you want to stay in a hotel at the busy Monkey Road close to all shops and restaurants, then you should not stay at this place. You can rent a motorbike for Rph 50,000 or you can take taxi's to and from the B&B. The B&B can arrange pick up from the airport, if you wish.
I liked that the place was away from all the crowded bars and restaurants. Our room had a nice view over rice paddy fields and a pond.
The beds are great and the room has a half outdoor bathroom. The room is comfortable and clean.
All kinds of teas and coffee are free. As it was raining a lot, I made my self a warm pot of jasmine tea or green tea and drank it on the patio overlooking the rice fields.
If you prefer a big breakfast buffet, then you will be disappointed.
You will get fresh fruit, fresh juice and toast with organic jams. I enjoyed it!
(1) Poor wifi: this can be improved;
(2) 15 mins from Ubud centre (which we liked and we have chosen this B&B for that reason);
(3) No safe in the room, but again, this was not a problem, because the B&B has a gate so strangers can not enter the property.
(1) This B&B is relatively new around 6 months, so the bathroom and the bed etc. is not dated;
(2) Loved the design of the whole property: the owner is an architect so that explains the reason why;
(3) It is a small B&B with 15 rooms (I think), so it is not a big resort;
(4) Good bed;
(5) Very helpful staff and willing to help although not everybody speaks English, but hey, it is a good excercise to learn Bahasa Indonesia with a phrase book ;-) ;
(6) Good atmosphere;
(7) Good location: 15 mins from Ubud centre away from busy Ubud. Great view over rice paddy fields.
(8) I read other reviews about complaints of the noise of the neighbours' roosters, but it did not bother me.
In all, it was good value for money (around EUR 48.00 a night including breakfast): good bed, clean bathroom and room and away from crowded Ubud centre.
TIP: when it is raining a lot, take a Balinese cooking course or go to a spa.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Omah Apik reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Omah Apik Ubud, Bali