“I Love Kismet!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 440 Restaurants in Ubud
Cuisines: Vegetarian, Café, Fusion, Tea Room
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Kismet Cafe and Boutique & Bar sits in central Ubud on the corner of Jalan Dewisita and Jalan Goutama. We feature Healthy, fresh, delicious food. Paninis, Pad Thai, Green Curry, Big Bowl Salads and more! As well as a wide range or beverages including house made Chai and Ciders, Espresso Bar and Kombucha Bar. We also serve Afternoon Tea (High Tea) by reservation. Our Boutique features unique and distinctive designs from around the world but crafted in Bali with a edgy funky flare. A perfect place to get breakfast lunch or dinner and find that special gift for yourself or a friend. Something different in the Heart of Ubud!
ubud, Indonesia
“I Love Kismet!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Kismet is an awesome spot to sit and work, enjoy some tasty bites and/or coffee and tea, and have an auspicious meeting with friends or strangers! (kismet means synchronisity, destiny...etc) The staff are so sweet and there is also excellent boutique shopping showcasing many of the areas most talented clothing and jewelry designers. Check it out for yourself! I love it! One of my fave spots in Ubud for sure.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

ubud
“Super Hip and funky restaurant boutique!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

This place has it all even Awesome designer clothing and jewelery! I had purchased an awesome shirt/tank might have to go back and buy another. Very resonable prices, I would have paid double at home or even else where in ubud for stuff not half as cool.

Then...
I ordered the sate! Thought I was eating chicken it was so amazing. Found out afterwards it was vegi... guess im going vegetarian, didn't realize how good it could be..... hmmmm yum! Washed it down with home made ginger/spiked cider sparkling and delicious.

The staff are very cute and super friendly. Got a cold towel and glass of water right after I was seated... have you been to Bali. Always sweaty and thirsty, nice touch!

Anyways I will be back heard about this cold pressed coffee and dying to give it a go. Maybe get a chance to try before I go!

Would definitely recomend this place totally unique and fully worth the cerdit people have been giving it in this forum.

santa barbara
“Best Vegetarian Satay (ever), beautiful clothes, jewelry and Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed here for about two weeks I think--seriously. Every morning we'd travel from our place to get our cold pressed coffee with coconut milk. So yum! The satay still haunts me in a good and tragic way, tragic in that I miss it and can't get any until I somehow make it back to Ubud. The staff was amazing and accommodating and basically felt like family after the first day we hung out. Kismet is sort of magical. You might fall in love over looking the beautiful city below. I did.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Worst chocolate milk ever. Nice boutique!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

When we entered, we saw clothes and jewelery. Kind of confused if we entered the right establishment, we took a seat. After we ordered a chocolate milk, I immediately noticed all the shiney stuff stored under the glass plate of my table. Totally excited about the designs and materials, my order came in a lovely cup made of a coconut? After taking a sip, how I wished they forgot my order. It was a very very very very very very (I could go on a little longer) strong dark chocolate milk. I added sugar and water several times, but that didn't help. Will I visit this place again? I'm not sure. Will I ever order another chocolate milk? Certainly not at this place.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Karoee, Owner at Kismet Cafe and Boutique, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Hiya :) I'm sorry you didn't care for your chocolate drink. We use only Big Tree Farms Organic Cacao powder which is unsweetened and then we provide Palm Sugar or Cane Sugar so people can sweeten to their liking. It is a darker more bitter natural cocoa taste which might not be to your liking you are used to more of a processed milk chocolate style. We would have been happy to get you something else if you were not happy with your choice.

Please come back and try something else on the house. May I recommend the Chai which is made from locally grown herbs and is served with your choice of coconut, rice or fresh milk. (Note the Chai comes unsweetened as well so you can add sweetener to taste) Your name will be at the counter. Hope to see you back at Kismet!
Wollongong, Australia
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

What a find. This is a great little vegetarian cafe. Quality food, made and cooked fresh on the spot. Very friendly service. I loved it and have been back twice. There are accessory items for sale as well, made from sustainable products. Kismet has a very nice relaxing atmosphere, you are never asked to leave, we stayed for a couple of hours drinking homemade ciders and surfing the news over the wifi. Good place to escape the hussle of the street.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere