“Thankyou Kismet” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 476 Restaurants in Ubud
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Vegetarian, Fusion, Tea Room
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Kismet Cafe and Boutique & Bar sits in central Ubud on the corner of Jalan Dewisita and Jalan Goutama. We feature Healthy, fresh, delicious food. Paninis, Pad Thai, Green Curry, Big Bowl Salads and more! As well as a wide range or beverages including house made Chai and Ciders, Espresso Bar and Kombucha Bar. We also serve Afternoon Tea (High Tea) by reservation. Our Boutique features unique and distinctive designs from around the world but crafted in Bali with a edgy funky flare. A perfect place to get breakfast lunch or dinner and find that special gift for yourself or a friend. Something different in the Heart of Ubud!
ubud
“Thankyou Kismet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I just finished the best breakfast crepe I have had in ages and I am thoroughly satisfied, relaxed and grateful. Quality ingredients and decent portions, just what I was looking for. The music here is supreme and the environment is the perfect merging of style and laid-back comfort.

The owner was sweet enough to say hello and it is clear that she has real vision, every detail seems to be well thought through.

Thankyou Kismet, for a lovely morning. x

See you again soon.

Alex

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Vancouver, Canada
“Too coooooooool for me”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I looked at all the clothing and studied the names of all the brands/designers. Looking at the reviews on this tripadvisor, I noticed that they were mainly written by people who are husseling their wares at this store haha. Smart. When I went in for food and drinks, I was completely ignored by the owner because she needed to cater to her friends. My food didn't come for over an hour because her friends orders were more important I guess. The sandwich I got was awful, dry white toast, chincy amount of salmon. How did that take an hour...

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Karoee, Owner at Kismet Cafe and Boutique, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Hi there,
Just wanted to address your concerns re: my cafe and boutique.

As for the length of the time the order took we offer our apologies. Everything is made fresh to order and we have a very small kitchen so therefore orders can take a little longer when we are busy.

However I would like to clarify that no one is prioritized- whether they know the staff/owner or are first timers. Food and drink orders are made in the order they are placed, and we do our best to get them out in a timely manner.

In regards to our clothes, jewelry and designers I'm not sure how / why you came to the conclusion that the majority of our reviews are written by our own designers. We have only a very small handful of designers so that doesn't add up. What is more relevant is did you like the designs? Find them unique, well made, beautiful?

In conclusion I would like to invite you back to Kismet for a free meal (we have many other things to try if sandwich was not to your liking) hopefully when we are less busy and our staff can offer you more personalized attention. I will leave your Trip advisor name with my staff so they can know and comp your meal if I happen to not be in at the time.
Thanks and happy travels!
Perth
“Comfortable and Casual with Tasty Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I enjoyed eating at this cute second level café/boutique. The menu is small, but there are great foods on it. I ordered the freshly squeezed orange juice and salmon, cucumber and cream cheese sandwiches which was tasty and fresh. Definitely go here for a quirky meal and, if you’re interested, have a flick through the quirky clothes while you are waiting for your food (service was a little slow).

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Destiny's Calling”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Greeted at the door by two young lovely ladies with the biggest smiles. A funky place with great vibes and the latest designer clothing and jewelry. They are very clever turning your dining table into a clear glass shopping extravaganza with additional jewelry. I had the Super Amazing Vegetarian Satay....well it was super amazing and the Big Bowl Salad with organic red rice, mixed greens, bell peppers, grilled tofu and tempeh, feta cheese, avocado finished off with a chili vinaigrette. It was wonderful! I will be revisiting this place.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Breezy rooftop cafe/shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Truly enjoyed this rooftop café/shop perched above the bustling street. You can browse the funky-fetish, goth-esque, and flirty merchandise while waiting for your menu item to arrive. The light at “golden hour” into sunset was accompanied by a calming breeze, making this a great spot to reflect on the day and transition into the evening. Menu is small, but offers quality items that are unique, such as crepes and a proper high tea with biscuits. Recommend and will visit again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere