“Great Location & food = happy customers” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International
Good for: Romance, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Singapore, Singapore
“Great Location & food = happy customers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We actually stumbled across this cafe. We had read a lot of reviews about Sari Organik and the walk through the rice paddies so we were keen to visit. We also wanted to escape from the afternoon traffic chaos on the main road.

Sari Organik is no longer off the beaten track and there were other small groups of travellers heading to the restaurant so we certainly did not get lost! When we arrived at Sari Organik there was only one table left and the cafe did not have the calm, relaxing vibe that we were looking for. So we decided to back track for a few mins and eat at Cafe Pomegranate. We were not disappointed!

I ordered from the Japanese set menu, vegetarian, which included around six different veggie dishes and also miso soup. Loved! The hubby ordered the Indian coconut curry with chicken and there were no complaints from him! Very content.

The restaurant is a marquee style with a large circular deck, so no walls which means there are no walls/windows only uninterupted views of the rice paddies. Very memorable.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
中村 健太郎, お客様担当マネージャー at Cafe Pomegranate, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Dear Customer
Thank you for giving us a try out in your visit.
Of course Sari organic is standing there as the "Giant" of the neighbor hood. They have their own organic gardens and even the owner is a great guy with generous heart.
We can't provide with all the organic materials yet but we are putting our effort into the cooking.
Our kitchen is 100% japanese oriented even though we are picking the various food from the western food and eastern food.we are trying to make everything from the original materials we are supplied from the daily-deliverd materials.
Please come by on your next trip if you ever had a chance to fly in again.

• Indonesian first
ottawa canada
“Another new restaurant but with scenic rice paddy view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Yet another new restaurant in Ubud area,food fairly tasty,had a good vegetarian curry with homemade naan bread,with nice salad and interestingly tasty potato salad.The scenic setting in the rice paddies makes it worth the walk/ride

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dear Customer,
Thank you for coming to our place in your last trip.
The home made naan is made from regular wheat and brown wheat.the potate salad is made from regular potato and red potato(not the sweet potato)
Thank you again for taking a walk to get our cafe.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“You haven't been to Ubud if you haven't eaten here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

A wonderfully situated and stylish restaurant, located amidst the paddy fields on one of Ubud's most famous walks. Tip: go in the afternoon, and enjoy sunset over the paddies as the Ubud ducks quack about below. I ordered a vegetable curry - and after spending 6 months in India - was blown away with the delicate flavours. It is clear that someone who loves food had hatched this dish. My companions thoroughly enjoyed their meals too. The owner is undoubtedly a food artist - and attention to detail was excellent in every aspect of the restaurant: decor, food, service. Hugo, the giant fluffy dog, is a treasure to stroke!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear Customer,
thank you for giving us great comments! I'm glad you liked both the place and the food.
The Curry my brother developed is ased on a idea of "Japanese english curry"which is the most ordinaly curry we have in Japan in nowadays and combined with balinese cooking recipes.
we are not using food out of cans or jars except for the chatsney. we are so happy to get our hands on to the every material of the food with out using any artificial additives. I hope you will come back in our next trip to Bali. Thank you again for coming to our place.
Dublin
“Beautiful view but internet was down day I went”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Lovely location - however the owners could make a better effort to give clear directions on their website / facebook. I planned on spending an entire day alone at Cafe Pomegranate but as internet was not working I left after just a juice.

Visited December 2012
中村 健太郎, お客様担当マネージャー at Cafe Pomegranate, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear Customer,
I`m very sorry for your disappointment. I`m not trying to make an excuse but in Ubud ,in the remote location like ours doesn`t have the metal phone line to provide a internet connection.My place is getting the signal from 5km away from the bottom of Peliatan.And it is relayed by a devicel from our neighbor because their building has enough hight to receive the signals and we didn`t want to build up a huge tower in our property because I could easily assume it will disturb the view.

And also I want to apologize for my poor ability to set up our HP.however it is a poor looking page,
I put up our map on the front page. But the problem is there are multiple FB pages which was set up for our cafe by someone whom I have no reference.
We will work on this problem to make it easier for the people to find our FB page to avoid waisting time like you did. Sorry again.
Steilacoom, Washington
“Sunset Views and Japanese Elegance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Taku has trained his staff perfectly, down to the little bell on the table. The food is artistically presented, as I was moved to take a photo of my dinner. The menu is eclectic international with something for all tastes. Sitting in the middle of rice fields with a view of the volcanoes is manna for the soul.

Visited November 2012
中村 健太郎, お客様担当マネージャー at Cafe Pomegranate, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear Chuck,
Thank you for visiting our cafe, I`m Kentaro brother of Taku.
We still see Trevor often and he is keep saying he is leaving next week but he never does...
We totally agree with the magic of Bali and Ubud even though it is getting more and more crowded.
Thank you again for your visit on your last trip in Ubud.