“Lily Lane Villas are amazing.” 5 of 5 stars

Lily Lane Villas
Jln Raya Penestanan Kelod, Sayan, Ubud, Bali 80571, Indonesia   |
Ranked #39 of 278 Specialty Lodging in Ubud
Ballarat, Australia
“Lily Lane Villas are amazing.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Lily Lane Villas was everything described. The beautiful location a few kilometres from the centre of Ubud was magnificent. Peaceful serene and not noisy. The warm welcome by Jill, the owner made us (my son and I) feel like we were at home. She has great knowledge of the area which was invaluable. The quality of the villas is second to none and definitely worth a stay. I felt so safe here and would like to return to live in Bali. I would live in the area of Lily Lane Villas. I have been to Bali 3 times now and feel this is a hidden treasure. The locals are just beautiful. If anyone is thinking of a visit to Ubud, give Lily Lane Villas a go. You won't be disappointed. Thanks Jill for your amazing hospitality and professionalism, it certainly makes the difference between an ordinary holiday and an AMAZING one!. I will return again and again. xo

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Jillian W, Owner at Lily Lane Villas, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
The staff and I are so pleased that you and your son enjoyed your stay. I am delighted that you enjoy Bali enough to want to live here. Penestanan Kelod (south) is a charming village and the people have a strong community spirit, especially when the young men play volleyball against the other villages! I am also glad you were able to join the Penestanan ladies in their afternoon exercise class - they miss you! So do we - come back soon!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Left on arrival again.
Room was not nearly as described, no TV, no lake view, AC not working, WIFI had no internet access.

Location very dodgy.

The owner (?) was very friendly, but didnt feel very professional. If sold as home-stay, acceptable; but does not really qualify as private villa, especially regarding the price.

Sorry.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Jillian W, Owner at Lily Lane Villas, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you for your constructive feedback and I acted immediately on your concerns. Our regular manager was called away due to urgent family business thus the confusion over rooms. It seems from your description that you were shown a lower budget room. The room you booked has AC, TV, DVD, and stereo. I also agree with your concern regarded wifi and after waiting some time in the Ubud queue for an upgrade, we now have strong internet access across the whole property - though sometimes in a tropical storm it is interrupted. I apologise for 'no lake view' as this is an inaccuracy which is not of our making. It is taking some negotiation to remove this description with the agent concerned - it is river that runs on our northern boundary not a lake! Again I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience you experienced.
Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay there in Villa 4, the one with 3 rooms and a private pool. The most remarkable thing about the whole experience, is Wayan, the villas' manager, and his wife and rest of staff who were EXTREMELY nice and helpful, specially Madé, the driver.

The villa is a very nice place to stay, with clean rooms, bathrooms and kitchen. The pool looks quite nice, but is actually a very small one. The complementary breakfast is very delicious, but with quite small portions.

But be warned that the villa might have some completely harmless bugs (gecko, spider, ants) that are justified with the plants everywhere. The warning is just so that you won't be taken by surprise like I did when I saw a spider in my room! But it was confirmed harmless by Wayan and not something to worry about.

The one negative thing I experienced was the WiFi. It wasn't working on the first day, and after they activated it on the second day, I noticed the bad WiFi coverage over the villa, and the very low speed connection.

But again, the experience overall is definitely very nice and unforgettable, and I think I'll stay there if I went to Ubud again :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Jillian W, Owner at Lily Lane Villas, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate your comment about insects and the staff are very careful to clean the rooms thoroughly every day. We keep all furniture just a little way out from the walls so we can clearly see to clean. This is the only downside to being surrounded by a tropical garden - we provide each villa with bug spray and personal insect repellant - throughout their stay. I'm glad Wayan could help you with the spider - I don't like them either! Thank you for your kind review and I hope we will see you and your family again soon.
Cabourg, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

With 5 people, we booked the largest villa. It was a villa to remember.
Good breakfeast, nice pool, awesome beds and bathrooms.
This was by far the best hotel we went to in Bali.
The owner is a sweetheart that take CREDIT CARD!!!! (I cannot stress how much it is a relief in Bali). He had always time to help us organize our day and gives us advice on what to do. His staff was equally as nice.
The location is Sayan, 2miles away from Ubud, but as Ubud's trafic is congested and it's polluted, that's not a bad thing.

Room Tip: Be prepared for paradise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Jillian W, Owner at Lily Lane Villas, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
The staff and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay in our biggest villa, We are also happy with the quality of the beds and bedding and we are purchasing more for our villas - including the owner!! I am very pleased that Wayan was so helpful in organising your daily activities and for taking you into Ubud. I agree with you about the traffic - we are very happy to live in a quieter area on a road that is too small for the big tourist buses!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Stayed two nights in Villa 1. Complimentary breakfast was good, particularly the pancakes and fruit juice! Lots of books and DVDs for entertainment. Lovely private pool and beautiful setting. Wifi in the villa didn't work, could only get signal in the Reception area - something which could be improved. The owners are lovely, would drop us off in Ubud or pick us up for a reasonable fare, cheaper than the taxis. We definitely recommend Lily lane!

Room Tip: Villa 1 was gorgeous, great private pool.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Jillian W, Owner at Lily Lane Villas, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
The staff and I are delighted that you were happy with your villa - it is one of my favourites too! It was the first one I renovated so it has a special place in the history of Lily Lane - we all feel there is some good karma there! I must agree with you regarding the pancakes - I am tempted too often myself. It is pleasing to note that the staff assisted with your transport down town as well. We now offer one free return shuttle daily. We hope to see you back at Lily Lane in the future.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Lily Lane, you need a better photographer for your site! It’s a really neat and clean villa located in a quieter side of the village. The surrounding is fresh and not polluted likes some others closer to the main roads. We stayed in a one bedroom villa with private pool and the place is really clean. Let’s be realistic. If you want palm trees, garden, some nature and a pool in your villa, you are bound to have some small insects in the outdoor. The setting of the villa is beautiful. The bathroom is simple and artistically decorated. Two days in Lily Lane had been very comfortable. Banana pancake breakies were so yummy! Lily Lane suits those that would like to rewind and enjoy some tranquillity.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Jillian W, Owner at Lily Lane Villas, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Lily Lane. You are not the only one to say that we need a better photographer and I agree - so new updated photos will soon go up on TripAdvisor and our own website - that's having an overdue upgrade too! We hope to see you back here in the future. Thank you for your kind review.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Lilylane is a wonderful place to stay. It is located a 5 minute drive from Ubud central in the artists town of Penestanan surrounded by rice paddies and jungle. We had luxury with our private pool, outdoor kitchen and fantastic personalised service at the same time experiencing the real Bali and Balinese people. The villas are located right near the temple so is great for viewing the colourful ceremonies. As well as the pool villa there are 2 cheaper units 2 bedrooms, nicely appointed with amazing views into the jungle from the outdoor kitchen and balcony. The family live next door and were available to help with all our needs including driving us wherever we needed to go, for a small charge. These villas are value for money and an opportunity to experience Balinese culture yet close to Ubud and its amazing array of fine fantastic restaurants. We loved it and we will be back.

Steep access to the villas would be difficult for the frail.

• Stayed September 2012
Jillian W, Owner at Lily Lane Villas, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
The staff and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay in Lily Lane. We love the artistic talents in the village of Penestanan as well as the beauty of the surrounding rice paddies which no doubts inspires the painters and carvers, and the multitude of other skilled local artisans. The nearby temple is richly decorated and is indeed convenient for our guest who can view the elaborate ceremonies. Fortunately it is only a local temple and not a really big significant one requiring noisy overnight ceremonies! Over the river at the bottom of the property one can view the sacred rice paddies belonging to the temple - the rice is indeed used for their ceremonies. We have noted your point about the short but rather steep access to the property and plans are in place to upgrade the footpath including some levelling of the ground for ease of access. Thank you again for your kind review - we hope you will return.

Been to Lily Lane Villas? Share your experiences!