“nice venue” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pan-Asian
Auckland
“nice venue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I went there for a series of monthly talks and it was lively and interesting. The food was tasty and had a good atmosphere. I haven't eaten a meal there, just attended an event and it was the perfect place for that.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Indonesian first
Wellington, New Zealand
“Unusual place in Ubud”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

On the main street in Ubud. Stopped for a drink. It was ok but deserted, suspect it is more of a night spot. The staff were friendly and the drinks list including wine was extensive. Located next door to Ubud Wines & Spirits.

Visited July 2013
Hossegor, France
“bad cooking - but good event”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

keep in mind to go there just for the good events and concerts they provide.
The food ? i am still wondering...
Again yesterday, the restaurant was empty, but it took them 45 minutes to be served of 8 fish sate, cold and dry (?) and 6 skiny and harsh pork sate (and charged 5$) without balinese sauce. We had to beg for rice.
for the first time in my life, I had to go to the kitchen to ask for explanation. I was wondering if they were considering me as stupid.
I said that I would pay for the food because I ordered it, and I know how hard it is to work in a kitchen, but I refused to eat the thing they served at my table.
the manager ashamed finally agree to apologise and offer the pork sate for free.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Trendy with grunge feel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We chanced upon Betelnut last Sat as we were walking along Jln Raya Ubud. We went in as some local bands were performing. It was a great evening and special mention should be made of "Kupit" of the band Nostress. His voice had a soulfulness which set him apart from the other two (reportedly more distinguished) performers. The bands played in an inner dinner-theatre like space. The lady running the place told us that that space is opened only when there is a performance. Performances are not regular, so check before you go.
The restaurant's Cellophane noodles (aka glass noodles) was delicious. Its pork/chicken honey satay was quite good too. But the wheatgrass mojito somewhat underwhelming.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Woodbridge, United Kingdom
“Do not go here!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

We were here two nights ago whilst holidaying in bali. Before I go on I would just like to say the waitress we had was wonderful and so helpful. The food however was absolutely awful. My partner & I ordered a 'big' plate of noodles, a 'big' plate of seared bees salad and some Tuna Sate to share. The portion sizes for the price we paid we tiny, literally had 4 pieces of beef around the size of my thumbnail in it, as for it being a salad - the leaves that made the salad up were coriander and mint. The noodles were cold and not cooked properly. The Sate had one piece of Tuna on it which was also cold. Absolutely awful!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere