My visit started ok....the rooms are budget, the airport pick up is overpriced, but the pool is nice and the restaurant is tasty and cheap.
Woke up my first morning to find a bug on my sheets that looked strangely familiar....and when I squished it, it was full of blood. My blood! I realized it was a bed bug and they were all over the bed when I started looking at the mattress. I told the staff but they didn't take me seriously. I managed to move rooms, had to take twin beds in another room but it seemed to be bug free.
I warned the next couple that arrived and had the bug room, and they too woke up with criters in the bed, even worse than my experience. The staff came in and started banging the mattress, which would have spread the critters into the wood on the walls (they love to live in walls, bed frames, etc.). They had no idea how to clean them up, because what they actually need is an exterminator. Basically their hotel is doomed to become totally infested with bed bugs because they don't understand how to deal with them.
The room that was the problem was 103, a Superior with A/C room that has a double bed. 104, the neighbouring one may be infested too as they move through walls and power outlets. The staff acted like the news that there were bed bugs was totally new, but given the amount of bed bugs there were, I have a hard time believing no one else has complained.
I don't think it's worth the risk to stay here, the hotel is basically run by children, and they will most likely spread the bugs throughout the complex on improperly cleaned linens and towels as they don't understand what a big problem this bug is.
Bottom line......if you don't want to come home and have to wash everything you brought on your trip...including your luggage.....STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!!
It's not a very good deal anyways, bugs or not!
- Also Known As:
- Nick`s Pension Hotel Ubud
- Nick`s Pension Hotel
- Nick's Pension Ubud, Bali
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You are entering a place of beauty, peace and comfort. Ubud, the centre of art and culture of Bali welcomes you, and for complete experience we invite you come to Nick's Pension. A great deal in the middle of Ubud Just off Monkey Forest Road in Ubud. Around 10 minutes walk to Ubud Center / Market. Approximately one hours drive from Bali International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, HostelWorld, Booking.com, AsiaRooms, HostelBookers, TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your Nick's Pension reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.