“Great Family Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #135 of 241 Specialty Lodging in Ubud
Dungog, Australia
“Great Family Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Great value and excellent Staff, thanks for the service. This is a family oriented business situated in the middle of Ubud, near Monkey Forest. The rooms are huge and the staff go out of their way to ensure a comfortable welcoming stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

A nice place to stay in the South of Ubud area, near the Monkey forest. Walk to the Ubud Market takes 30 minutes. The landscaping is beautiful with a lot of authentic details. The rooms in the bungalows are OK, but could use some refurbishing. The cleaning could be better, the sheets on the beds had stains. WIFI connection only at the main building and at the pool/restaurant area. Choice of Asian or American breakfast. Staff is very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Bali, Indonesia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We book trough one booking online site wich hope,all the staff at that hotel/villa understand the system, and definitely opposite...they try to rape out our money by keep lying that the payment done,it's even done before we arrived..and even the manager just useless person and make the situation even worst, we pay for 6 pax,n they just give the facility for 5pax....and refused to give back our money!!!!! they just DEFINITELY ROBBER !! STAY AWAY .....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Finally I have had my own experience staying in this place. Before I came, there were mixed reviews and I was quite worried that this place might leave a bad spot in this vacation, particularly I was "organizing" this vacation for a group of friends. I wanted them to be able to enjoy throughout! Ok, here's what I think - this place has met my expectation. While it may look a little old/run down (and dimly lit in certain areas), the general cleanliness is satisfactory. For ~USD65 a night (twin sharing), it has delivered the basic expectations of (I would say) a budget (or one who prefers to spend rather more on food & sighseeing) traveller.
The room is in quite good condition, and is spacious to move around. The toilet is a little "old" (but it's clean) and the shower volume is low to mid. Two little flaws on the toilet design - The towel/clothing rack is fixed at the wrong place (fixable) and the toilet bowl is too near the washing basin. The furnitures in the room is of old Balinese style. If you are ok with old furnitures, you shldn't have problems staying in. The mattress is of the firmer type. You won't find your body "sink" into it.
On the breakfast menu, there are 3 options. I have been ordering the American breaskfast. It's good. My friends had tried the fried noodle & rice and their comment is the latter is nicer.
The best part of this place is the friendliness of the staff! I guess Balinese are generally very nice people and warm (I feel really good with this little Ubud town)! I asked for a travel adaptor, and was given one (the staff couldn't find it at first, but later another staff approached me to pass me one). I asked for an "unscheduled" ride to the Ubud Palace, and fortunately one of the staff was available to send us there. The walk from this place to the Ubud Palace can take about 20min (along the route, there are shops and eateries where they could make your walk to the Palace much longer).
The laundry service is very reasonably priced (in fact I would say it's cheap), if you want to travel light, get your laundry done here! However, the wifi signal is not detectable in the rooms. Often, we had to walk to the pool/dining area to get connected to the world!
My overall assessment is positive, for the price I paid! I'll not be reluctant to return if I'm coming back to Bali for vacation again in the future!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Fremont, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed 4 nights here from July 11 to July 15. My wife and my 2 sons (13 yrs & 10 yrs) really liked the 2 bedroom family unit that we stayed in. The buildings are a little bit on the older side and we were not impressed initially. But once we got to our room and had a chance to talk to the staff, we were happy that we decided to stay here. The accommodation was spaceous and well maintained, and the staff were wonderful and responsive. We liked the free breakfast served poolside every morning. The hotel location is perfect as it is right in the center of Ubud and you can walk to monkey forest and some of the shopping areas. We also used the transport linked to this hotel and Dewa was a wonderful driver. He even got free snakeskin fruits from the coffee plantation (that we visited) for my sons. I never had to bargain the transport cost with him and he drove us to all the nice spots around Ubud. Overall, we had a wonderful time in Jalan Jalan and we recommend it highly!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

Arka the manager has just come an offered us a farewell afternoon tea as I write this review in the gazebo by the pool. We stayed for 6 nights (paid for 5 at AUS$100 a night) and were really impressed. Yes, it is not your 5 star accommodtion but it is a warm, friendly and small accommodation complex (only 10 villas) that is fairly close to everything. You walk out to the main street and there is a supermarket next door, lots of restaurants nearby (recommend Bagus Pizza and the Arma Resort Restaurant), Monkey Forest 10 min down the road and the central Ubud Market 20-25 mins away. Of course, in Bali, you are never too far away from the shops. If you don't fancy a walk, the hotel has a shuttle service in to the Ubud central area (5 minute drive) and will also pick you up. The pool was great, the breakfast was anat (nice) and the rooms were HUGE. We had a duplex villa right next to the pool (room 101) and becasue of the location, had free wifi all through the villa. We travelled with our two kids (aged 15 and 12) in May 2012 who loved the privacy of their upstairs room with two huge single (almost double) beds. My wife and I had the downstairs room with ensuite with the biggest bed that you have ever seen - we could have fitted the whole family in there (but that would have been a bit wierd). The cooking facilities are very basic in the kitchen so don't bother self-catering - just go out and eat - we mostly paid about AUS$30 for the 4 of us to eat and drink every night. The spa was also magnificent - we all had massages and had 50% off because we were staying in the villas. They provided free bottled water daily and all the staff were so eager to please and would do anything to make your stay comfortable, warm and welcoming. Bagus.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Jakarta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

The Jalan-Jalan is a traditional Balinese hotel that has preserved the beautiful stone and woodwork in lush tropical gardens. The rooms are large and air conditioned. This is not a modern Holiday Inn type hotel but more one that would appeal to the discerning traveler. There is a lovely breakfast area next to the pool and the walls surrounding the area are covered with stone figurines in true Balinese style.

I understand that the new manager has really turned this hotel around.Some of the previous reviews might reflect the way things were before. This is now a clean, well organised hotel with a helpful, courteous and friendly staff. The hotel is well located south of Monkey Forest Street and offers a shuttle into central Ubud. There is a fabulous restaurant called l'Nuriani just up the street. The hotel has wifi.

it represents good value for money.

Room Tip: The hotel occupies a long and thin plot. The rooms at the bottom are extremely spacious.