“Awesome place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Honeymoon Guesthouses

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Honeymoon Guesthouses
Jl. Bisma, Ubud, Bali 80571, Indonesia   |
Ranked #74 of 289 Ubud B&B and Inns
Townsville, Queensland, Australia
“Awesome place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Well before we booked we read some reviews of the Honeymoon Guesthouses, some good, some bad, but I had had a recommendation from a friend of a friend. To say we were more than impressed with the place is an understatement. Yes it was our first time in Bali and we may have been a bit sparkly eyed about it all but we couldn't have asked for better. The room [Indra] was great and very Balinese. The staff were brilliant, the room service really good and the food was lovely. I got a Bali belly and the staff were really accommodating by bringing breakfast to the room for my partner [obviously not me :-{ ] so that he didn't have to leave me. We were just off the main Ubud strip and were within easy walking to everything. Trips out were so easy to sort out as there were taxi drivers waiting outside both guesthouses at all times. We went with Wayan on a Spiritual Eco Tour which was awesome and something to make a point of doing. Brilliant time at Monkey Sanctuary & Elephant Safari Park [even got to wash one]. Yes there were some pushy vendors [ barter, barter and then walk away, they will soon be calling you back] around and a few noisy dogs but nothing to get your knickers in a twist about. And no it's not a 'posh' place with all the bells and whistles [hairdryers, TV etc] but that kind of made it better. And YES this is a genuine review, we will be back. Mike & Bev, Townsville, QLD.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

280 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Found the environs of the hotel enchanting & loved the grandness of the rooms.Wonderful breakfast,beautiful pool. Loved the whole experience & throughly enjoyed the cooking class that they run.No kettle in the room but was happy with the flask of boiling water delivered to the outside table on the verandah each morning.I was there with my 2 adult children & son's partner.

Room Tip: I had 2 different rooms during my week there & my son & his girlfriend another & they we...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
København, Staden Kobenhavn, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

So many accommendations in Ubud to choose among. Luckily we chose Honeymoon G. Its very authentic. Has a beautifull pool, garden and decorations. Loved that all the rooms are different. Very nice breakfast and coffee. Perfect location away from noisy street and still close to attractions and shops. Try the garden restaurant at the end of the street!!

• Stayed April 2013
Busselton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed at Honeymoon 2 in Ubud for 7 days in March 2013 and had the most fabulous time. Wayan and the rest of the wonderful staff were so kind and welcoming,
I loved every minute of my stay and was very sad to leave.

The room (Sawah #36) was absolutely perfect and the view was breathtaking across the rice paddy.....and of course the beautiful gardens - so peaceful and everything was exactly what I was hoping for.
I cannot recommend Honeymoon Guesthouse highly enough - perfect in every way.

Whilst there - enjoy the yoga each morning before a delicious breakfast and book into a cooking class.

I felt so relaxed and happy there and I can feel the Island of the Gods calling me back......so I am hoping to go back again this year.

Room Tip: I didn't really get to see the other rooms but don't think you'd be disappointed with an...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Sarasota, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Honeymoon Cottages are a solid place to stay, relatively centrally located (cool museum across the main street). The room we stayed in was fine--a/c was cold, mosquito net, a desk, the usual... the bathroom was huge (and extraordinarily damp), with the quietest toilet ever. But wow--watch out for the death shower. I appreciate good water pressure but this thing took more than a few layers off!
Breakfast (which you choose the night before) was just spectacular, truly. The pool was a great temperature and had a bit of shade to protect during the day. However, no wifi in the rooms, nor any cellphone reception at all in the rooms, just in case that is important to you.
Make sur you eat at Ayu Cafe down the road (toward the main road) on your left, pink and green interior. Great food, super inexpensive.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Townsville, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had an enjoyable stay at the Honeymoon Guesthouse, the rooms are spacious and the staff are great. Pool area is great. Location is close to all facilities. We didn't try the yoga or cooking class. Honeymoon organised our transport from the airport and the driver Wayan was fantastic. We utilised Wayan for day trips during our stay. It would be preferable to have wifi in room rather than come to reception.

Room Tip: Suggest ground floor room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for the 5 night yoga package for $500... What great value... 5 nights bed and breakfast, 3 yoga classes, a set menu dinner or lunch at Indus, a spa treatment for two people and a cooking class... The accomm was basic but nice, like another reviewer, the pillows are very damp and musty smelling, the bed had a mosquito net, but there are plenty of open areas for bugs etc to get in. We had a few spiders, which don't bother me, but if you don't like
Bugs this isn't for you..my partner didn't like the fact there was No TV.....I thought it was bliss!!! Breakfast was nice, banana crepes were lovely... The yoga class was good especially the Saturday and
Monday class with Ketut. We are fairly basic yoga goers, so perhaps if you are advanced it's not for you. The meal at Indus was lovely. The Spa treatment OK... The cooking class was good, but I would have liked to have a cook station each, so we all could cook, we did the Friday class with chicken satay and nasi goreng... Delicious.. All in all a very enjoyable time..

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Honeymoon Guesthouses? Share your experiences!