“Lovely grounds reasonably good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Artini 2 Cottages

Save Saved
You added Artini 2 Cottages to your Saves list
Artini 2 Cottages
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Hanoman Street no. 54 | Padang Tegal, Ubud, Bali 80571, Indonesia   |
Ranked #81 of 119 hotels in Ubud
Saskatoon, Canada
“Lovely grounds reasonably good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Hotel has a small sign off hanoman road in Ubud but the entrance leads into a lush garden and pool area. I stayed in a deluxe fan cooled room that I paid $50 us for online which I thought was expensive for Indonesia The room was large but with sink set on opposite wall as bath which was not convenient. The is a gas operated hot water heater that was a little tricky to figure out. You must turn hot water tap on with ignition button depressed. It's a 15 minute walk to mo key forest and about same to market. They overcharge for taxis to airport asking 250000 rupiah when going rate is 200000 or 50000 if you take shuttle. Just make your own arrangements as many taxis on street. Would recommend but ac would be nice. Intrepid does not pay extra few dollars for this as seems typical for that penny pinching company!!

• Stayed March 2013

168 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I was booked into this hotel as a starting and finishing point on my Intrepid tour. What a surprise I got when I walked from the modest gate on the street down to the pool. A spectacular rock carving overlooking the pool. The grounds are very picturesque and very clean with lots of quirky statues throughout. The rooms are in many pavilions. The first room overlooked the pool. Very clean but basic bathroom facilities. A big ceiling fan kept the room cool. The second room was much bigger with a very spacious bathroom. There was only a pedestal fan, an air conditioner that did not work and there were no screens on the windows, so we left them closed due to the mossies. It was very hot overnight on this top floor room. The breakfast was lovely, banana or pineapple pancakes. The location was excellent, right in the middle of town I would not hesitate to stay here again. I would check out the fans/AC though

Room Tip: Check out the facilities for cooling
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Staying at Artini 2 in Ubud on the Island of Bali is as close as anyone will get to paradise on earth. Through a narrow and unobtrusive gate on the street one descends the steps into quiet oasis of beauty and calm. The rooms are situated in several pavilions scattered throughout the grounds which are lush with tropical vegetation. The rooms as well as the garden are immaculately maintained. Breakfast is served by the pool. Both Asian and Western variety are served, the latter including fresh eggs made to order. The staffs is exceptionally friendly and competent. We have particularly memories of Gudug, Gusti, Putu, Ibu Jepun, Denny, Komang, Minggu and the rest. For those wishing to explore the Island in a private car with driver, we recommend Pak Ketut (the hotel will contact him for you) who will take you to your destination along scenic and less-travelled roads. He drives a very comfortable car and is very knowledgeable. The restaurant "Laba-Laba" next to the hotel serves excellent and inexpensive meals. Last but not least, Artini 2 maintains extremely reasonable prices and is top value for money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

When we booked Artini 2 for our stay in Ubud, we thought it would be good value. But it was much more - actually well above our expectations. The place is conveniently located, quiet, the staff cordial and helpful... Need I say more? Well, we found the grounds stunning as well. We also had a chance to meet the owner. Staff discreetly pointed him out and when we we introduced ourselves to tell him how much we were enjoying our stay, we found him to be a very humble man.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Walk down a few steps and it is if you are in the quiet of a park while in the center of busy Ubud. The pool is spectacular, and in the heat of Ubud, you will be very happy to use it! The rooms vary from small with a fan, to bigger and more upgraded with AC. The whole hotel is old, Bali style, and some of the rooms are musty, so ask to see the rooms before you settle on the price. We stayed in a deluxe room for a few nights after being in a budget room prior and we enjoyed the pgrade!

Breakfast is good, served at poolside where the amazing fountain, carved into the wall provides the back drop. Service is pleasant. Location is extremely good if you want to be in the heart of Ubud, near the yoga studios, good restaurants and cafes, some shops etc. Bring earplugs wherever you go in Ubud, as the noise of the motor scooters and roosters pervades the town!

For transport and for day trips anywhere in Bali, we recommend our driver who speaks very good English and has a great clean car. You can e mail him for pick up/trips anywhere on Bali: ketut_wiro@yahoo.com. He made our trip by taking us to so many wonderful places we would not have known to go, and by sharing about Bailnese customs and people. Enjoy!

Room Tip: check your room for musty moldy mells! The upper floor rooms are best!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for my birthday last summer. I was in BAli for 2 weeks and travelled across the country with an amazing chauffeur Ketut. I am not sure if I am allowed to mention here but if you want a great, soft spoken, knowledgable person to drive you around in Bali, Ketut is the one to call/email. PLEASE WRITE ME IF YOU WANT THE INFO ON KETUT< PH # AND EMAIL :)

SO hotel: We happened to find it while walking around after checking out from the royal Palace ( will review on Tripadvisor too) because I wanted a pool for my birthday. They had 2 rooms available and we took the large one in a building that looked like it was our own "palace". After we checked in they showed up with a chocolate cake which was a very nice touch !!!

Bed was comfortable, bathroom was spacious, TV, DVD's to choose from. Close to everything.

Breakfast was made to order and they served some food and drinks by the pool. Not really a cocktail bar but they had some alcoholic beverages like smirnoff drinks in bottles.

Overall enjoyed the stay.

JUST BE PREPARED TO GO DOWN SOME SERIOUS STAIRS from the street, if you want to carry your own luggage. Or get someone from inside, for a few dollars they will be very happy to help.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Perth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have just come from spending 4 days at this establishment, and I am afraid that I will have to give it mixed reviews. On the positive side, it is a beautiful jewel tucked away down a tiny entrance from the street, that gives it peace and quiet in the heart of Ubud. The rooms are sensational and well worth the very reasonable price. I was staying in a superdeluxe room, but it had great conveniences - bath, aircon, fridge and TV, but the views were worth all of that, and the fact that you are not overlooked by any f your neighbours. It truly is a beautiful, restful place to stay. The other thing that I really appreciated was the pool - truly the cleanest pool I have ever been in (and I have been in a few!) and with a beautiful fountain/waterfall backdrop. It is quite lush and tropical, and makes you feel like you have arrived in your own little xanadu.

Now to the not so good....
Although the staff were friendly, they were not overly helpful, making me carry my own case to the entrance in the rain (about 25 steps and 150 m), and asking me three times if I had paid my bill. Most disappointing of all, though, was the food. Although the dining facilities are nice - open room to the pool, and breakfast was included, it was not a really substantial offering, being a set menu with only tea or coffee to drink. Food on a basic level. Dinner, however, was dismal. A friend and I arrived for dinner to be told that they did not have any rice (that took half the menu away). Settling on a seafood dish each, my prawn curry came with what looked like a large portion of prawns, until you removed the heads and skeletons, to find I had 4 prawns on my plate. That, and it came with chips!

That aside - there are more than enough places to choose to eat outside the cottages - it was a very comfortable stay and has first class ambience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Artini 2 Cottages? Share your experiences!