“Best Hotel in Ubud” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 127 Hotels in Ubud
traveling the world
“Best Hotel in Ubud”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

My mom and I stayed here for 4 nights and it was amazing. The rooms are beyond nice and set in a beautiful location. Delicious breakfast and afternoon tea served daily. The staff goes above and beyond their job descriptions to make you feel at home and like family.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stayed in Komaneka Monkey Forest for one night only. I decided to go there for my birthday and stayed with a friend. I cannot rave enough to all my family and friends about this resort how wonderful everything was. We were initially going to stay at the Rasa Sayang resort but got upgraded to Monkey Forest.

The resort is very pretty; the room/bathroom was stunning; the food (breakfast) was served on our balcony with perfection and it was absolutely delicious; the staff at the hotel were wonderful; the Balinese massage we had was superior.

The staff are very friendly and smily and pay attention to the finest detail of ensuring our stay was perfect. What really touched me was a knock on the door after we had checked in...four friendly staff with a birthday cake :) The cake was delicious and they put a huge smile on my face! We were also given each a beautiful silk scarf, which I will wear and treasure.

The staff were very helpful and I cannot find any fault in the staff or hotel. Superior class. In the room, they had thought of every little detail...in case you forgot your travel adaptor, no problems, there was one in the room, together with mosquito spray, an alarm clock, a shopping basket, etc...you name it! Also, some delicious cookies in a jar that we nibbled on and after asking where could we buy some...we were told that they were baked in the hotel...

The next day after checking out, we could leave our bags at reception whilst still doing some last minute market shopping! We were told when we come back that we can have afternoon tea by the pool and a refreshing shower! We had the tea (Bali coffee) and delicious Balinese rice cakes. When we left, we were given each a bag of those delicious cookies :) which I'm nibbling on as writing this review..

One final thing was that in their pool hut, I saw a traditional wooded craft/game that I was desperately after and searched long and wide for it. They had it! I asked the lovely lady at the reception where to buy that - she mentioned a village market where she lived and offered to go there to see if they had it! That was amazing! The next day, once we had returned to Benoa, I had a call from Komaneka saying they had one for me and that their driver will bring it to me that evening! Two and a half hours drive each way - I had no words! What wonderful service!

Thank you to everyone at Komaneka for making my birthday special :) and I hope to see you again soon!

Room Tip: We had a room with a balcony and this was lovely as we had a lovely view. The room was initially a d...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
dc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This was the most expensive hotel during my trip to SE Asia but you get what you pay for. The rooms were really spacious and lovely. The outdoor patio/garden area was a wonderful area to enjoy our teatime and breakfast. The breakfast was AMAZING and for that reason alone, I would probably return. The service was great and the facilities and rooms were really nice. I stayed there with two other girls and the room space was just right. The bathrooms are really nice and spacious as well. The check-in process did take some time but that was largely because we had just booked the place fairly last minute. Lastly, the location was also perfect -- central to all the main restaurants, bars and shopping.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We almost stayed at the other Komaneka (Rasa Sayang) which is really close by - but we were so happy with our choice to stay at Komaneka at Monkey Forest. Rasa Sayang reminded me of a massive hotel in the middle of the city and most of the rooms look onto the wall of the building next door (we checked out the rooms before choosing which one to stay at because they had rooms available at both). Komaneka at Monkey Forest is really warm, spacious and feels really private and not like a hotel at all. We had out own little villa with a garden. Room was stunning, breakfast was great and the staff were incredible. Location is perfect and while its on the main road, we couldn't hear anything at all from our room.

Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is my first trip to bali, although I am a seasoned business traveller and have stayed in many of the best (& worst!) hotels all over the world. This honestly rates as one of the best. No, it doesn't have the Luxury of a Raffles or a Dorchester, but in most ways it's the spirit and feel of the hotel that gives it the character and the 5-star is deserved based on its customer service, facilities and overall enjoyment factor. We also stayed in pool villa Room 101, as have other reviewers on here, and its been a great experience with no issues. From the welcome into the hotel & room with the petals and towel swans, to the facilities of the private gated villa with its own verandah, plunge pool, external dining table & sofa and private view over the jungle to the the internal facilities of the extensive room (actually, 3 rooms adjoining) - all very well laid out, clean and plenty of room. Facilities are all good and all work OK - with the exception of the TV that only picks up local analogue TV channels. If there is anything to complain about, there are a few instances of occasional insects/ants in the villa, including the occasional friendly gecko - but this is a jungle retreat, with a thatched roof, and considering this the rooms are actually pretty sanitised. If you can't handle that, don't come to Bali !! Staff also provide plenty of insect killer/candles/repellent for your use, and so far no problems. Sleep quality is also good after the first night of getting used to the jungle noises.....

Staff are wonderful and can't do enough to help, every last one of them. I can't for one minute believe any of them could be rude to guests, honestly they just don't have it in them! Food is excellent (curry at Dinner was one of the best I have ever tasted) and the breakfast & free afternoon tea also high quality. The grounds are like a quiet tropical oasis in the hustle/bustle of Ubud, and are kept immaculately clean.

So there you go - inexpensive luxury that has made our honeymoon stay so far a wonderful experience. I can't recommend this experience enough, and although everyone has an opinion I would say in this case look at the majority verdict for this hotel and take the negative reviews with a pinch of salt.

Room Tip: Room 101 Pool Villa is quiet, segregated and a great place for couples.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I did a lot of research as there are so many accommodation options in Ubud but as I'm pregnant (almost 8 months!!) I really wanted something special and very comfortable for our last couple of nights of holiday before our baby comes.

I chose this site (there are a number of excellent Komaneka resorts around Ubud and you can use facilities at any of them) because we had spent our previous week in the middle of nowhere and I wanted to be close to the action! this resort is right off the very funky Monkey Forest Rd which has plenty of great food and shopping options. It's remarkably quiet though for being so close to everything.

so, things I particularly loved:

* the wonderful warm welcome including beautiful fresh juice and icy cold face cloth on arrival
* All of the staff - we only mentioned our name once at the beginning and then ALL of the staff knew who we were.....like magic!
* a welcome gift, fresh flowers on the bed, complimentary pjs, turndown service, complimentary fruit and biscuits in the room
* Complimentary afternoon tea either in the restaurant, by the pool or in your room - i took the latter option on our last night and had my afternoon tea in the lovely deep bath
* The amazing bath!
* Beautiful landscaped gardens and pool area ....although i actually didn't swim there!
* Complimentary use of the hotel car when available - i felt like royalty having a car drop us off at our restaurant and then collect us when we were ready to go home
* The fabulous breakfast options ....at least 4 courses and a choice of European, American or Indonesian style....you won't need to eat again until much later!
* Last but not least, the amazing spa.....pay the extra and experience the wonderful surroundings and very capable skills of the spa staff (it's definitely much more expensive than in town but really worth it). I had Wymeng (SP?) and she was brilliant

Thank you so much to Hera the manager and all the staff at Komaneka who made our short little stay in Ubud so pleasurable.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great Position in the action. Friendly helpful staff could not do enough for us and really made us feel welcome and knew us by name. Beuatiful hotel a real sanctuary in Ubud. I cannot speak more highly of the experience except to say the banana bread was the best I have ever had! Thank you Hera and all your friendly staff.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Komaneka at Monkey Forest? Share your experiences!