What an amazing place, my Husband & I spend 7 wonderful nights at The Pita Maha Resort & Spa to see in the New Year 2013.
Etched into the hillside that overlooks the Tjampuhan valley in Ubud.....the serenity, peace, tranquiity and beauty of The Pita Maha will take your breath away.
We stayed in a Pool Garden Villa, the villa was beautifully appointed in true Balinese style.
The private garden and pool were beautiful..... Well kept and clean, an outdoor covered patio area, with a daybed, table & chairs.
The bed was very comfy and a good size like the Australian king size with a mosquito net.
The villa has a good sized living area with a daybed & two chairs, a study desk, small fridge, TV, DVD Player & wireless internet.
We just loved the very private outdoor bathroom with a shower and a sunken with bath.....We want one at home!
The room was very clean and is made up every day with fresh linen, fruit, fridge stocks & water.
The main pool is very clean the gardens around the resort are just beautiful very well maintained.
The food in the Pita Maha Restaurant was delightful- obviously more expensive that the restaurants in town, but I thought quite reasonably priced for a Resort.
The included American breakfast was delicious and we looked forward to it each day after our long morning walks certainly filled us for the day right through to our evening dinner.
The 24 hour room service was nice to have not that we used it often, a nice treat was to have breakfast served on our own private outdoor covered patio area.
The staff here are just lovely nothing at all is too much to ask, any request was done with pleasure & always with a smile. The main staff speak very good English.
The location of this Resort was great – especially if you are after a relaxing break away from the hustle and bustle. There is a free shuttle every hour to and from the main village, it is just a short drive down the road. The main centre of Ubud is only around a 35 minute walk from the resort and is quiet safe even at night. We chose a private taxi at night if we had missed the free shuttle the cost from $4 - $5 Australian Dollars.
In Ubud there are several little convenience stores for a bit of shopping, you can stock up on beer, soft drinks & snacks etc
Amazing restaurants in town in our order of recommendation and a price guide –
1.Ibu Rai – Monkey Forest Road, Ubud – 3 courses for two & a bottle of wine AU$60
2. Nomad – 35 Ubud Main Street, Ubud – 2 courses, cocktails, wine & a beer AU$50
3. Cafe Lotus - Ubud Main Street, Ubud - 2 courses, 1 wine & a beer AU$40
If you are after an unforgettable dining experience the treat yourself “Bridges” in Ubud, beautiful food & views. It is best to book so you don’t miss out – We left this treat for our last night in Ubud - We had 3 courses each plus beer & wine - for AU$85
Best coffee & iced coffee in Ubud – Kopi Bali House just up from the Monkey Forest
My Husband & I have travelled the world and stayed in many luxury Hotels and we would have to say The Pita Maha Resort & Spa is truly an amazing tranquil experience.
We cannot rate this place highly enough and will definitely return a truly incredible experience!
- Also Known As:
- Pita Maha Hotel Ubud
- Pita Maha Resort
- Pita Maha Hotel
- Pita Maha Resort And Spa Ubud, Bali
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Etched into the hillside that overlooks the Tjampuhan valley in Ubud, Pita Maha Resort & Spa encompasses 24 villas in a style reminiscent of an intimate Balinese village composed of private compounds. Named after the artistic association that nurtured creative talents during the 1930’s, Pita Maha means ‘great shining’ and today this boutique resort is an icon that showcases local artistry and design elements. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, AsiaRooms, Venere and Otel so you can book your Pita Maha Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.