I just spent the first half of my honeymoon here this July. This place was everything we could have asked for (pool villa). The place is just as beautiful as the professional photos here make it out to be---probably the prettiest hotel I have ever stayed at. My wife just loved this place. Some comments:
(1) The property itself was beautiful and the views from our place were breathtaking. It is VERY peaceful, which is strange considering how crazy Ubud itself can be.
(2) Food (breakfast) is fantastic and there are even more fantastic (and virtually free) restaurants really close by (Warung Palung Kelepa, Naughty Nuri's). Our breakfast was included every day and I highly recommend this option because it is both delicious and quite expensive if not included.
(3) The staff learns your name and is very, very warm and friendly. This was true of much of Bali. They really know what they are doing in terms of service.
(4) Free shuttle was key, although a little limiting because it only ran once an hour.
(5) Be careful of staying here if you are not physically able to climb and descend stairs that are often slippery. It is a little treacherous and a fall might cause very serious injury.
(6) The rooms themselves are a little dated, but this is OK if you are expecting it. It gets quite humid in the rooms and there is no good way to counteract this. The bed itself is surprisingly uncomfortable. Some bugs and lizards etc. get into the room. In eight nights we saw one huge roach, and there was frog or gecko dung left inside each day but we never saw him.
Overall the staff and views make up for any downsides this place had by a longshot. It was the perfect place to spend our honeymoon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Etched into the hillside that overlooks the Tjampuhan valley in Ubud, Pita Maha Resort & Spa encompasses 24 villas in a style reminiscent of an intimate Balinese village composed of private compounds. Named after the artistic association that nurtured creative talents during the 1930’s, Pita Maha means ‘great shining’ and today this boutique resort is an icon that showcases local artistry and design elements. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Pita Maha Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pita Maha Hotel Ubud
- Pita Maha Resort And Spa Ubud, Bali