We just returned from a marvelous stay at the two-bedroom villa, Frangipani, at the Ibah Hotel. What an amazing place: the grounds are kept in sync with the surroundings, lots of green, local art, walls and ponds. One truly feels the Balinese spirit at this place.
The location is wonderful, just out of town to be quite, but close enough to walk. Also, the hotel provides a shuttle into town. Staff was wonderful and helpful throughout!
The views from our villa over the valley were stunning. The pool was small, but ok for a quick dip in the morning or evening - for anything else there is the beautiful main pool: love that it is deep enough on one side that one can really swim but shallow on the other for relaxation. The nooks in the walls are superb for relaxation.
The villa was very comfortable with all amenities one needs, the beds were very comfy, the sitting areas great and every evening turndown service also set up anti-mosquito incense, brought ice and fresh water.
The spa was amazing and we very much enjoyed the Mountain Retreat. The therapists were professional and everything was perfect. I especially enjoyed the beautiful traditional setting with open windows providing a little breeze in a Balinese house rather than an air conditioned room. Perfect.
We also had dinner one evening, which was the only thing that fell a little short. While the dinner selection was good, the dishes lacked the intense flavors I am used to on Bali. Each dish was ok, but not great. This needs to be improved! Loved their breakfast though: Nasi Goreng was amazing and so were coffee, pancakes, juices, fruits and and and. Great selection.
After having read a few of the previous reviews one word on luxury versus local experience: While I would consider Ibah a luxury resort, it also provides a very local experience, which means that one is in the middle of a jungle, which in turn means, there can be situations that one would not experience in a luxury resort, like ants, cockroaches, bugs or frogs in or around the villas. We had a large family of geckos living in the roof of our villa. This is totally normal for Bali and this kind of setting, but might not be for every traveler. Ibah does not offer the glitzy, perfect experience that some people might expect, but rather a stay that perfectly reflects the culture of Bali, its people and the surroundings.
This was our second stay at Ibah and we will for sure be back for more! LOVED it. Thanks to the entire team at Ibah for a memorable, wonderful stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warwick Ibah is a prime example of classic and up-to-date Balinese hospitality and style. Exteriors reflect traditional Bali, with thatched roofs and stone walls carved with exuberant sculptures, making it the perfect place to discover the culture and spirit of Bali. The resort is situated on Royal grounds handed down through generations, alongside Holy springs discovered by a Hindu priest over four hundred years ago. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Loews Hotels, Splendia, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Otel so you can book your Warwick Ibah Luxury Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Warwick Ibah Luxury Villas Hotel Ubud
- Warwick Ibah Luxury Villas And Spa
- Warwick Ubud
- Ubud Warwick
- Warwick Ibah Luxury Villas & Spa Ubud, Bali