“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Saraswati

You added Villa Saraswati to your Saves list
Villa Saraswati
4.0 of 5 Guest house   |   Jl. Rsi Markandya, Jl. Mpu Beradah, Banjar Payogan, Ubud, Bali 80571, Indonesia   |
Ranked #1 of 315 Ubud B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed here as part of our honeymoon. The owners and staff were fantastic and the rooms stunning. It was the most beautiful and relaxing holiday I've ever had. When the staff found out it was our honeymoon they upgraded our room, as well as decorated it with balloons on my birthday. Can not recommend this place enough. I'll be telling all my friends.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed there on my own for a could of days to recover from a long journey from London and it was the best cure for jet lag! The place is very charming and pleasant. The room and the bathroom were quite large and nicely decorated. The commons areas are beautiful. The villa is not on the centre, but I didnt find that to be a problem as the hotel offers transfer to town three times again and in any case it is very easy, and cheap, to take taxis. The staff was polite and efficient. Breakfast was delicious, I particularly enjoying the common table as there are only five rooms and it really adds some character to dine all together as well as making it an interesting opportunity to exchange tips with other guests. I had dinner one night there and I really like the food too. The place is a dream, I would definitely stay there again and definitely recommend it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed in this beautifully designed Villa for 5 nights. Due to its location outside of the madness of central Ubud, there is a feeling of peace and tranquility as soon as you enter the front door. You will be greeted with a refreshing drink and an aromatherapy infused refresher towel (which we thought was a really good touch)

The Villa is owned by an Australian couple (Robyn and Dean) who take immense care to make sure that your stay in the Villa and Ubud is a pleasurable one. Robyn is usually around in the mornings and will guide you to the best places to visit and shop in Ubud and around Bali.

The hotel manager (Mr Komang) and his team, with the guidance of Robyn and Dean, bring you true Balinese hospitality and make this Villa run like a Swiss clockwork. We loved the chats we had with the very charming evening staff after our days out in Ubud.

The rooms are well appointed, have crisp white linen and are spacious. I would recommend getting one of the rooms with the outdoor showers.

One of the men working at the Villa (Obe) who is really delightful but an unassuming character, produces the most amazing Balinese artwork, which I believe will be on sale at the Villa soon.

Although it is situated 5km outside of Ubud, the Villa provides three shuttles per day to central Ubud and there are loads of taxis to take you to and fro if the shuttle times do not suit you.

If you prefer a combination of luxury,tranquility, and a mix of Balinese and Australian warmth without the sterility of hotel groups, you cannot go wrong with this place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Eudlo, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed in this beautiful Villa for 2 nights after 5 days in Seminyak and Nusa Dua. Both my husband and I was longing for some quiet time, and the location of Villa Saraswati, design of the Villa and garden together with the very warm welcome from Village Manager Komang Tarma made us feel relaxed from the minute we arrived. We really enjoyed the communal delicious breakfast and made new friends with whom we shared a day trip and dinner. Unfortunately we only had one full day in the area which is way too little. We will defiantly return to Ubud and hopefully also to Villa Saraswati.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed in the Villa Saraswati for a week in February and absolutely loved it. I was in the Lotus room which was very romantic and had a beautiful bathroom with outside shower.

The Balinese staff were good at giving advice on where to go and what to see when you are in Ubud.

The hotel is not right in the centre of Ubud. But there are regular shuttle buses to the centre. A taxi to get back is only 50000 IDR.

I would willingly go back to this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

We had the most wonderful, idyllic stay at Villa Saraswati. Every detail has been considered, every need taken care of before you even say it out loud. This place is heaven. The small hotel is in a village about 5 -10 minutes drive to town, but with shuttles at convenient times throughout the day it was easy to get to Ubud. One afternoon we walked the 2 miles in to town so we could check out galleries on the way (an easy downhill walk). We stayed in the Lotus room which was perfect - comfy bed with crisp linens, 2 lovely showers - one indoor and one outdoor, and a large walk-in closet. the manager, Komang, and the other staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. Robyn, the owner, is also very friendly and gave us some great tips from shopping to navigating the airport. From the delicious breakfast in the morning to the thoughtful "bedtime story" found on your bed each night highlighting one aspect of the culture in Bali, the little touches made our stay magical.

Our stay here was our best by far in a 2 week trip around Singapore and Indonesia. All expectations were exceeded, and I just hope that I will be so lucky to come back here again one day.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Villa Saraswati

Arriving at our villa was like stepping into a small piece of heaven. The design was representative of Balinese culture yet very simplistic and spa like. My room had a large bed with white linens and the most amazing pillows. There were huge sliding French doors that opened to the outdoors. The roof was vaulted with dark wood beams and intricately woven palm. The washroom had an indoor walk in shower with rain shower head as did the private outdoor shower.

The joy of balinese life is that everything Is open to the outdoors. The villa has 5 rooms with a large living room, a media room, a massage room - where I had 3 Balinese massages, an outdoor dining room where we had breakfast everyday and a huge infinity pool deck. All surrounded by carefully gardening lush plants.

If that wasn't enough, I fell in love with the Balinese staff. Although it was owned by Australians all staff were Balinese.As so as you thought you may want something, they were there asking if you would like it. Like little fairies. Every morning we were greeted with "good morning, would you like your Balinese coffee on the terasse or by the pool. Their big smiles and their kind hearts won me over.

The villa team were very helpful at arranging tour drivers, hair cuts, jewelry making classes, and restaurant reservations. They even included our adult children on the making of the offering baskets and dressed them in beautiful sarongs and lace blouses for presenting their offerings. This experience was a highlight of their trip. My husband loved the Villa's Mie Goreng and the staff were glad to open up the kitchen to give him a lesson on how to prepare it along with the recipe.

We spent a week in Ubud at Villa Saraswati with our two adult daughters. They returned to Canada and we then went on to Seminyak, Lovina and Sanur for three more weeks but our last week we decided to return to Ubud and to the relaxing, elegant Villa Saraswati with the warm and expertly trained staff- which is a credit to the leadership of the on-site owners, Robyn and Dean.

In the months and years to come, when we think of Bali we will first think of the Villa and then of the memories created in Ubud and it's surroundings.

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Villa Saraswati? Share your experiences!