“Full of Surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #73 of 428 Restaurants in Ubud
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Dessert, Vegetarian, Healthy, Vegan
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A Place of Transformation - ALL RAW & VEGAN CAFE - Salad Bar, Health Store, Juice Bar, Colon Hydrotherapy,Holistic Clinic, raw chocolate & desserts, super foods & more...
Tromso, Norway
“Full of Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I went here with my two brothers and we loved it !
We ordered salad (and amazed by the packaging of "the take away salad"), Cloud Nine Cake which was so delish and healthy and RAW and of course we ordered their refreshing Juices (and amazed again by the RAW straw !) .
Really unique !
Their prices for cakes/desserts are a bit expensive, but the rest still reasonable .
I also bought Raw Sumbawa Honey (which was surprised by the very cheap price for 750ml) and Raspberry Cocobiotic.
Surprised by how friendly and helpful the staff there to Indonesian customers like us (GOOD JOB!) !
Will definitely back again here to grab my cocobiotic :)

*Would be better if you come to Alchemy by a bike/walk . For car would be stressful to find a parking lot, but the staff said they're working on it ! Hopefully soon they'll hv their own parking lot*

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Indonesian first
Essex,
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Wow, this is raw vegan heaven. The salad bar is incredible with so many flavours and options. I also had the tiramisu and Black Forest pie (not all at once!) The juice/smoothie bar is also amazing. The staff were friendly and polite too. I could have eaten here every day if it wasn't just a little too far to walk to from Monkey Forest Road where I was staying.

If you're raw/vegan then this place is a dream. Definitely my most favourite eatery anywhere!

Visited September 2013
Berlin
“fantastic food and great concept!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

When you hear about raw food do you thing "well I can have a salad now and some decent food later"? You better think again:)! I had a salad at Alchemy and I must say I was very positively surprised! Not only was it probably the best salad I've ever eaten in terms of taste. You choose your own toppings but seemingly whatever you combine every bite is just a big joy. But it was also surprisingly filling. Therefore I wouldn't say it's overpriced. Plus eating there makes you feel pretty good as you constantly think you're doing your body a great service right now :) go try it!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bordeaux, France
“Hip, pricey and overrated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

After hearing some good words about that place, we decided to go check it out despite a general power outage in the entire city of Ubud - which meant no streetlights and pitch black streets, and we were going by foot from downtown not really knowing where to go - quite a hectic trip in such conditions, thankfully we went back a few days later in broad daylight and it is much easier to find then. My expectations were pretty high, my girl got a salad you have to compose yourself which turned out to be really good, except for the price - that place is actually very expensive, and I am talking in regards to western European standards - basically it's a tourist / hipster trap and noone local could ever afford to go there. I am sure one could find salads that are just as good, organic, and a lot cheaper in a local Ubud restaurant instead of supporting those outsiders.

I myself went for the BLT sandwich (still a vegetarian meal seeing as they replace the bacon with something else), which is actually advertised as a sandwich and relatively pricey as well, more than the salad - therefore I was expecting an actual sandwich with bread, but the name was misleading and my salad came sandwiched between... well, two additional leaves of salad. So basically I paid more, for something that wasn't what I expected, and a lot more bland than a salad I would have composed myself which would have been cheaper too ! I felt genuinely scammed. We came back a few times during our stay in Ubud because my girl actually liked the place and the food there, but I never got anything on those occasions myself because I made it a point to refuse to give them any more money than I already had. In all fairness I would have really liked to give the desserts a chance at some point, but all of them were ridiculously pricey, especially for such small sizings... I'd rather just walk one block down to the Kue Bakery.

Also the general, and ever-so obnoxious crowd there consists in a constant gathering of mostly middle- to upper-class occidental hippy caricatures who were most likely more drawn to Bali for the inexpensive standards of living (in comparison to western Europe) and thus the ability to show off their 'alternative' lifestyle more conveniently, rather than actual interest in the country and its people or whatever genuine cultural beliefs you WILL get to listen them talk about (because yes, they are also very loud). I usually try to refrain from making generalizations and I am pretty much never bothered by promiscuity with other people to the point where I complain about it, but that place really is an ever-going freak show. Don't go there if you want to eat in peace.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Germany
“My taste buds were dancing with joy ;-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Usually I don´t like so much raw food, especially salads.. so I thougt. My opinion changed suddenly, after I tried the green salad with the yummy toppings. I really enjoyed every day my fantastic big salad bowl with the tasty homemade “pesto” dressing and the thin delicious onion bread. Back in Germany I`m really missing the healthy tasty food and can´t wait to go back there!

• Visited January 2013