“nice view” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
bali
“nice view”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

the place are great, with huge rice field arround, you should try the smoked duck, it very tasty with original balinese taste.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Victoria, Australia
“Awful in every way”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

After spending 5 days eating out in Kuta, Seminyak and Jimbaran, for breakfast lunch dinner and inbetweens, street cafés to beach clubs and restaurants, we had food ranging from excellent to exquisite. We thought it would be hard to find a poor meal experience. I Made Jonni was a complete letdown. Unclean floors and noticeable trash (old cig butts and bottle caps swimming in a pond) in the entrance hall should have been a "just say no" clue, but we'd been on a tour with a very helpful driver and trusted him by this stage. The staff have no clue. The service is slow, and barely friendly. Bus tour after bus tour disgorged 20+ people at a time. The drinks choice is lousy. The food was a disgrace; chewy satay with zero flavour, and a noodle dish supposedly Mee Go rent Mamak had tiny pieces of chicken/prawn, and 2 minute noodles noodles. Don't get me wrong I have a place for 2 minute noodles close to my heart, but we were completely disgusted to get these low quality "noodles". The view was great, across rice paddy fields, but seriously this place is an AVOID. The final straw? Toilets that remind one of a urinal at half time at any sporting venue. Unclean, smelly like you wouldn't believe, smelly like you'll take up smoking asafp to get the smell out of your head. Do not go here.

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Finland
“Smoked Duck and Nasi Campur”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

My wife liked smoked duck and my Nasi Campur was ok. Place where were seated near rice field was ok. Food quality ok, but nothing special. Local drivers were plentiful in parking lot, and I think that they get commions to bring tourists to this place. Smiley service and fast too. Would I go again ? No.

Visited June 2014
Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand
“Don't let your driver con you into eating here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

We love Bali and love Balinese food. We also make sure to put as much money directly into the hands of locals vs mass organisations / middlemen as possible. Hence we hired a great local driver to drive us around for a day, especially to see Ubud (we're staying in Seminyak -thankfully). I think he was very misguided (possibly even pressured) to take us here. Service was chaotic. No welcome. We had plenty of downtime to watch the other tables and their activities. The table in front of us had a young family: wife got her noodles first but then it was over 15 mins before hubby's food came and the child's food didn't turn up at all! (Hence he screamed his frustrated head off). Predictably (by now) the same happened to us: mine came first......his came a good 10 mins later. The food was oily and tasteless - the exact opposite of every other dining experience we'd had to date. Many tables were complaining about waiting and then complaining again once the unidentifiable "food" was delivered. The staff were flustered and too busy (stretched) to engage in any dialogue, even when taking the payment at the end. This monster of a restaurant is more like a food court in a mid city shopping centre. Such a shame as every other single component of our Bali trip is perfect. Lesson learned.

Visited June 2014
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Almost a tourist trap”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Our driver recommended this place and it turns out that a lot of other drivers also have recommended it. It is easy parking for drivers and it looks like they are working together with the restaurant in some way. Anyway, the place as a nice view with rice fields, but the food is just average and the prices are very high. There are many other nice places around in Ubud.

• Visited June 2014