“Beautiful holiday place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 132 Hotels in Ubud
Vilnius County, Lithuania
“Beautiful holiday place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Our group of 18 people were traveling around Singapore, Indonesia and Malaysia. All of us were impressed of this hotel service, atmosphere and of course food. Amazing experience staying in Komanekta at Rasa Sayang. Peaceful, calm, romantic boutique hotel in a central place of Ubud. Beautiful view from infinity swimming pool to jungle and small river, spacious rooms, brilliant balinese architecture. SPA was amazing. Helpful service and very kind people. Thank you for nice time in this resort. Hope to come back one day.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Indonesian first
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

This is a really nice hotel, lovely and modern rooms and the pool is beautiful. Would I stay here again? Probably not. Everything there was of quality, without question (linens, towels etc).

This was my first visit to Ubud and would probably stay somewhere different on my next trip; somewhere that had a bit more of a true Balinese feel to it. It was a lovely hotel, but once you are in the room (not that I spent a lot of time in there), I could have been anywhere - it was kind of generic (?). The bathrooms are brilliant - big shower and separate deep bath tub. All very modern and food was okay/pretty good.

The staff were very friendly and helpful and in a good central location. I'd probably stay somewhere further in the hills, somewhere that overlooked the rice paddy's. There are some great restaurants across the road, where you are actually overlooking the rice paddys- was stunning!!!

My friend and I decided to have a cheap facial at a nearby spa, which was apparently part of a hotel - it was horrid!! The spa was offering a Balinese facial with natural oils, creams, soothing yogurt scrubs etc.... it was Ponds Cold crème and a store bought mask that felt like concrete on your face. We had a very good laugh and reminded ourselves on "you get what you pay for". It was a dark dingy room out the back of a run down resort (although from the front, didn't appear to be) - just can't remember the name of it...

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

I booked deluxe room for 2 nights for my honeymoon. First I thought the room was standard deluxe but it was amazingly spacious. The pool was beautiful with river view. The service was great, no dissapointment and the staffs were professionally trained. Very recommended place to stay in gianyar, ubud.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

I had the most wonderful 9 nights at Komaneka at Rasa Sayang. My room was gorgeous with a lovely light filled balcony and large marble bathroom with a generous shower, twin basins, large egg shaped bath and quality shampoo, etc. They even provided lovely soft cotton Balinese style night shirts.
The spa was divine and I had a variety of treatments which were great. Breakfast was served either in the restaurant or in your room - your choice. Restaurant food was delicious with a good variety snd similar prices to many local restaurants.
The staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The shuttle took me often to wherever I needed to go. I loved the pool and the afternoon teas which were served. I also visited the Bisma property which is lovely with an amazing pool. Its a larger property but my preference is for Rasa Sayang as its in the heart of Ubud. As a solo traveller it was great to be in the centre of town yet in the quiet haven of this beautiful property.
I had no problem with the wi-fi. In fact there was nothing I would complain about. I'll be back again next year.

Room Tip: The rooms on the third floor was lighter which I prefer
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

Despite the very late arrival of our Jetstar flight, the hotel driver was waiting at the airport for our transfer to this great place to stay. From our arrival the staff were exceptionally friendly and keen to make your stay a memorable one. The hotel is very well located in central Ubud and is tucked away from all the hype and noise of the Main Street. They offer a free transfer or shuttle service locally with Ubud or to their other hotels. Only negative, is the view is spoilt by a demolished site in neighbouring block. Well worth taking a visit to their other hotels BIsma and Tanggayuda which offer a different experience in much larger grounds. We were offered an upgrade to BIsma for the final two days of our stay. WOW

Room Tip: Choose a room on 3rd (top) at pool end. Better view and quiet
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We arrived at 21.00 pm to the airport where one of the komaneka members were waiting for us.As we got into the car we got cold towels and ice cold water from the driver. Service was excellent from the beginning to the very end. Our honeymoon could not had started any better! Specially Beni from the staff was superb! We wont forget you and how you helped with our trip transports.
Situation is great also. As you step out from the hotel reception you were at the heart of the city. Though the city noises did not passed to hotel rooms fortunately.
If you want a perfect service and high-end venue,komaneka is the one to go!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We stayed at Komaneka Rasa Sayang out last night in Bali. The rooms are very nice and the staff is very helpful. We enjoyed our time at Komaneka Tanggayuda more as we felt the property was more impressive. However, Rasa Sayang is in the heart of Ubud so if you are looking to be in the middle of everything this is a perfect hotel. The food is very good- Indonesian and Western food options. Breakfast is especially good. The pool area is very nice and since it is in the back of the hotel it was quiet.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Komaneka at Rasa Sayang? Share your experiences!