“Best hotel we've ever been” 5 of 5 stars

Komaneka at Rasa Sayang
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl Monkey Forest, Ubud, Bali 80571, Indonesia   |
Ranked #7 of 120 Hotels in Ubud
Valencia, Spain
“Best hotel we've ever been”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Thanks Komaneka team for make our experience in Ubud an unforgettable one!!

We arrived in Komaneka and they let us make an early check-in. Very warm welcome and nice service. Once we got in our room we loved it. With our small terrace, nearby the fantastic pool... Nice!

During the night we had a problem which didn't let me sleep. A water drop licking in our toilet roof, quite annoying, so I decided to complain around 4 am. They gave me the chance immediately to move to another room but we refused since my girlfriend was sleeping.

Next morning staff came to us to apologize and offered us an upgrade to the villa... Amazing room!!!! it was even worth it not being able to sleep previous night.

A part of this incident that provided us the best room we've ever had, I have to say that staff in this hotel makes you feel like a king. They know your name, they know how to treat customers, they offer you anything you want, free pick up service around Ubud, they let us use SPA and swimming pool after we checked-out... and many of etc!!

Superb breakfast!

If I come back to Ubud, I will book again in Komaneka!!!!

Room Tip: First floor have garden but is not private. If you have the chance and you can afford it, go to the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Indonesian first
Frome, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Excellent hotel. Good pool - warm enough for me to swim! Easy walk (bad pavements though) to Ubud Palace also Monkey Forest. Loads of different shops and restaurants. Very helpful staff and free local shuttle service. Cleanliness superb - not one bug or spider seen, which is a huge plus for me!
Now in Nusa Dua but probably returning to Ubud tomorrow and may try Komaneka Monkey Forest, just over road - just for a change of scenery.
Excellent english spoken by all staff!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I stayed at the Komaneka Rasa Sayang in December 2012 so my review is a little overdue, and I don't usually write reviews but after planning my next trip to Bali I decided that Komaneka Rasa Sayang really does reserve a 5 star review.
I originally chose this hotel based on ratings from Trip Advisor however it was a little tricky to find and not rated as highly as it is now, so I am so pleased to come back to Trip Advisor all these months later and find that it is ranked #2 in Ubud because the staff there really do go above and beyond to deserve such a high rating.
I stayed at this hotel with my sister after we had spent a week in Legian, and immediately wished I had of spent my whole Bali holiday here. The location on Monkey Forest Road is second to none! So convenient, almost smack bang in the middle of the long street so when you walk out onto the street you can choose either way to explore - mind you, it is a little tricky to find because they have hidden the hotel down a driveway a little setback from Monkey Forest Road, which is perfect to be blended closer to the forest-y bliss and you completely forget you are on a main road.
I honestly cannot write enough good things about the hotel, mainly the attention to detail by the staff, the whole setup and day-to-day running has been so well thought out, and the added touches of the little things make you feel so much more relaxed and welcome. Little things such as greeting by name, genuine conversation and questions, turn-down service, the cookie jar, the pyjamas, the petals on the bed - some of this is expected in Bali and may sound like regular things you would get at a luxurious hotel, but I think what brings it all together is the warmness of the staff. I could write forever. Have recommended this hotel to many friends back home. Cannot wait to come back and spend more time here. Not a single fault. So so proud and happy for the staff and owners of Komaneka at Rasa Sayang to see their high rating and wonderful reviews. You WILL NOT be disappointed!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Best hospitality I ever received in any hotel. The staff goes out of way to make your stay memorable. They made customized food for us without any request when we mentioned we are vegeterians and do not even have egg. Rooms are big, washrooms are huge and very clean. No views to talk about. Infinity pool looked amazing but we could not use it due to short stay, Also had a complimentary spa which was amazing. WIll strongly recommend the place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

This place is in an excellent location, within walking distance from the ubud palance and ubud market. Spa services are top notch here (and very affordable!). Staff very considerate. In fact my friends and I had to rush off with our tour guide one morning before we had time to order breakfast, and Beni (a member of the front desk staff), knowing we would not have time to eat and without us knowing he was doing it, prepared a box of croissants for us to go so that we would not go hungry that morning! Would def. stay here again. Next to some great bars with live music - I recommend checking out Napi orti and Laughing Buddha. The only thing I will mention is sometimes the internet ran a little slow, but we weren't there to spend all our time online anyway. One of the best parts about this place was being located above a river and dining al fresco above a beautiful infinity pool. Gorgeous spot.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Columbus, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Lovely, clean, friendly staff and great food! Why more can you ask for? Also enjoyed a spa treatment!

I was completely impressed when after day 1--whenever my husband and I walked into the property, they greeted us by our names AND had our key ready!
Even the gardeners and cleaning staff were very friendly.

Room Tip: Did not notice if fitness center. Location was convenient---
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We had a wonderful 3 night stay at Komaneka at Rasa Sayang. The facilities were beautiful especially the pool and the spa. The rooms were spacious and very clean. Room service and spa services are quite cheap as well. The massage was one of the best I have had for a mere $25 USD
This hotel is in a great location on one of the main streets in Ubud. It is walking distance to many shops, restaraunts, the Ubud market and the Ubud palace.

Most importantly, the service was impeccable here. They stood above the rest. They even brought us a box of croissants one morning without us even asking for them as they knew we had to leave breakfast due to our driver arriving early. They truly are dedicated to service. Would highly recommend

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Komaneka at Rasa Sayang? Share your experiences!