“Very Good” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 126 Hotels in Ubud
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

The hotel has narrow car entrance however this hotel is a very good hotel, the services are on time, very friendly, they have a welcome drinks, the room is spacious, the decoration of the room is very nice, I love the bathroom, the breakfast is good. This hotel also has swimming pool. The location is very strategic within central Ubud. If tripadvisor has 4,5 rating, I might rate this hotel 4,5. Why i rate only 4 stars:
1. No room view (blocked by bamboo)
2. No hotel view (they have a view but just okay view)
3. Not many facilities only swimming pool (standard facitily)
4. I ordered corn flakes with no milk & had a piece of hair for free
Other than that this hotel is excellent, very neat and tidy, you will not get dissapointed. Will I be back here? I might be back to try other Komaneka's, I hope they have other features. Well done

Room Tip: Try to ask whether they have a room with a view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Our short period staying at Komaneka at Rasa Sayang was so warm n unforgettable. A la carte breakfasts were amazing, so many choices, even for my 15 mo. old baby girl. The rooms are spacious and clean with comfortable bed and pillows. The little terrace/balcony is OK but not in 1st floor, be prepared for no view. The staffs are professional and always smilling. We'll be back again :)

Room Tip: there is no kids pool
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

From beginning to end, our stay at Komaneka at Rasa Sayang was absolutely splendid and helped to make our time in Ubud unforgettable. Rasa Sayang means "feel the love," and you will definitely feel the love at Komaneka. The location was great; we walked to all of the shops and restaurants nearby, and Monkey Forest was just a few blocks away. The staff and service were amazing; they always pleasant without being overbearing. Nity, a beautiful girl who works there all of the time it seems and I believe is the manager, so kindly and patiently entertained all of our millions of questions. She was very professional and expedient in assisting us with some of the details of our trip, always aiming to please and going beyond our expectations.

Upon check-in, we asked for an upgrade and got it! We stayed on the top floor in room 4101; it was like a penthouse suite Komaneka refers to as a villa and it was just incredible. From the spacious modern interior to the private rooftop deck, the space was one of the nicest we have ever stayed in. I requested the upgrade because it was my husband's birthday trip and they were so gracious to oblige. We viewed the original room we had booked, and it was also really great, just a little smaller -- we would have been really happy staying there as well; either way, it is a great value for your money.

Breakfast and afternoon tea was included daily and was really good. For breakfast, you have many options including local Balinese, American, ect. They also made fresh juices for me upon request; I had a carrot-apple juice nearly everyday. We spent some time at the pool, which was just beautiful. It is an endless pool surrounded by a lush, tropical landscape. Paradise!

Komaneka also has a nice spa. For $25 US dollars, you can get a one hour massage. You can get one out on the street for about $7 but the atmosphere might be just plain scary...we looked into the cheaper massage and passed on it. We booked one with Komaneka instead. The Balinese massage was a little light for me, next time I would request a massage that provided heavier pressure. Koman (pronounced, co-mon), was a lovely girl who did my pedicure. She was really fun to talk to and shed light on Balinese culture; it was an interesting conversation. She did a great job on my toes and took much pride and care in her job.

I highly recommend this hotel, it really doesn't get any better. We toured around SE Asia, staying at the Manderin Oriental, the Eastern Oriental and Tanjung Rhu; Komaneka was our favorite!

Room Tip: It isn't a large hotel and I would imagine all of the rooms are great. We asked for an upgrade...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
colac
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I Have stayed at Rasa Sayang twice this year, in May and then October, and have already booked for May next year. This is how special this place is, The staff are beautiful, outgoing, and always smiling, they make you feel apart of the Komaneka family. The breakfast is delicious and fresh, always enjoy i refreshing glass of fresh juice in the mornings. And don't forget the yummy Balinese cakes for afternoon tea :}. Recently this year a toured five countries in Asia, and out of all the hotels i stayed in Komaneka Rasa Sayang was hands down -"THE BEST" suksma

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Geelong, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Komaneka at Rasa Sayang for the first three nights of our special 20th anniversary Bali holiday. We organised for their driver to collect us from the airport - and sure, we paid double what any other driver would charge (USD50 compared to the more standard IDR250,000) but my goodness it was worth every cent!! Beautiful big, clean Toyota with cold face towels and cold drinks offered including Bintang. It also meant that since we were using Hotel transport the driver would definitely be there (!) and that he would know the location of the hotel as I had no idea!

The staff are exceptional, the rooms are spacious and clean with comfortable bed and pillows plus the flat screen has a good selection of Indosat channels. The little terrace/balcony is OK but as mentioned, be prepared for no view....our room was on the 1st floor (ground is kitchens, restaurant, and lower ground is pool and afternoon tea restaurant plus small air conditioned office area for use of the guests - all glass so no privacy). The room we were given was right at the restaurant/pool end of the complex and while this was very handy for popping downstairs for breakfast and then downstairs again to the pool - it was just above the outdoor area at the rear of the restaurant, so there was a little bit of muffled early morning noise at times, but only one neighbouring room. So who's to say you wouldn't have ended up with a noisy neighbour instead??

There is a lift but as we were on Lobby level we didn't use it - and interestingly it does not go all the way to the top floor to access the spa...so I'm not sure how people with mobility issues would manage...I'm not even sure if the lift goes all the way down to Lower Ground so one could access the pool? Due to all the stairs if you have mobility issues I would check this with the hotel before booking.

The pool was sensational and the a la carte breakfasts were amazing (so many choices - you could stay for a week and never be bored). The hotel even had a beautiful little cake for us given it was our anniversary - and the afternoon teas each day are a lovely touch and a welcome inclusion in the room rate. I used the spa for an Aromatherapy Massage and it was a glorious experience - worth treating yourself at least once despite its more expensive price point. You certainly get what you pay for...in a really good way!

I would certainly stay at this hotel again if I wanted a bit of a luxury in a central location - we had hoped to be able to walk to bars and restaurants in the evenings but each night it rained heavily and so we used the hotel shuttle to take us to the restaurants and to pick us up again. Just another great service provided by this customer oriented hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This holiday was with a friend and we were both looking for some r & r after a big year of work. The Komaneka provided exactly that. The staff were amazing and the position surprisingly enough is right in the middle of Ubud. You could have the busy hustle and bustle of Ubud if you wanted at your fingertips and as soon as you return to/step into the Rasa Sayang you are in a peaceful paradise. We did the inhouse cooking class which inspired both of us and we utilized the spa ..we also often ate in at their restaurant ..the food was amazing. If you are looking for somewhere to visit for some down time, pampering and fantastic food I am not sure that you would find anywhere better in the world. I will be returning with other friends and family.

• Stayed November 2012
perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We stayed at the Rasa Sayang for two days last week as part of our honeymoon. We loved this hotel. Great service, great room. Food at restaurant was good too. It is close to a lot of restaurants and bars which we loved. We also stayed at the Mandira in Legian and the Sudamala Suites in Sanur. This hotel was superior to both.

Room Tip: Ask to see the other hotels in the Komeneka chain. They have a free shuttle that runs to those.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Komaneka at Rasa Sayang? Share your experiences!