“Its Totally A Joke” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 240 Specialty Lodging in Ubud
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
“Its Totally A Joke”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

It was so disappointed when we realize we stay in the hotel without public swimming pool. I already have bad impression on arrival where the front desk welcoming us with poor English and could't listen to our question. she just kept talking like a bullet. forgot her name.

Then come to the room, we got duplex villa with sharing bathroom. First time see this in my traveling experience. The staff are very nice but they far away from butler quality, should called only house keeper. Breakfast was terrible, food nice but the service really chaos, no direction at all.

I just could't find which part of this villa is 5 star as they mention in their website... So sorry. It's far away from it.

Room Tip: If you are looking for 5 star hotel? please not this one...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
GMUBUDGREEN, Manager at Ubud Green, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Mr. Morgan,

Thank you for your stay with us recently and for your feedback, we do learn so many things from your review. It is right that we do not have a public swimming pool in our property, do apologize if you have not being informed by our team.

The two bedroom duplex suite where you stayed is designed for family or small group of maximum four persons who normally has no problem to share the bathroom each other. And unluckily we are facing fully booked situation of our pool villa on the day you arrived. Therefore we do really hope you may come back next time to experience our pool villa to have different perspective.

We definitely look into our software, in this case is our team members ability by giving them a necessary training to avoid this thing happen again in the future.

Together with the entire team once again we do sorry for letting you experienced a spoiled holiday and do hope to have you stay with us again in the near future.

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Shanghai, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Overall Ubud Green is a nice resort to stay, particularly the living room is spacious. We also liked the view of the rice terrace in the backyard, if you choose to stay one of the villas that has a view. The restaurant is convenient and the breakfast is plenty. It's a bit far from the center of Ubud, but the hotel offered a local cell phone that can be used to call the hotel for shuttle bus pick-up and other arrangement.

The things we don't like are mainly on the rooms. Wifi-signal is terrible, bascially cannot be picked up; the big window blinds are very difficult to operate; the doors of the living room to the backyard not only is difficult to open and close properly, but also overlapped with the pool - you may step in the pool if there is no light and you are first time there.

We did not try the spa - the price seems high and the operating hours (close at 6PM) is not convenient.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
GMUBUDGREEN, Manager at Ubud Green, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Many warm greetings from Ubud Green Resort Villas,

Thank you for staying with us and big thanks for your valuable feedback, we do apologize for your inconvenience experience during stay as stated on your comment. Here allow us to stipulate in details:
- Wi-fi signal in the room may sometimes affected by the weather, especially during rainy season as you may understand that Ubud is about mountain area with thousand big trees. However we will take a look more deep into the problem and solve it immediately.
- Wooden blind over the sliding door is now come up to our intention, we may change it into something softer such as curtain. For sure we will take care of this.
- Will put more light in front of the living room area around the private pool to avoid guest may step into the pool at the time they open the door. We may not able to change the design of the villa immediately.
- Operation hour of the spa set from 9 am to 6 pm considering we have an open air spa treatment room, we are concerning to our guest comfort, prevent them from the cold air in the evening as well as from insect may come. However if our guest wish to have a massage in the evening we can do it in the guest room based on guest request.

Once again, your feedback is a valuable input for us, thank you and hope to be given the second chance to serve you in our villa.

Management
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Upon waking up you'll hear the birds chirping away.. Breathing the fresh air and admiring the sun glazing onto the greenery as you walk out from the bedroom, through the outdoor juccuzi into the spacious living room. I knew I've made the right choice. Despite during the night it feels like staying in a mist of a mountain, as you hear frogs croak and sound of other little insects. It's just add on to the whole nature experience.. Which I was rather prepared for it. Everyday we were looking forward to the breakfast as the ambience in their restaurant was nice. Thumbs up for the waiters, waitress and people over the counter! Great service! I wish I could have stayed longer. ;)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Everything about Ubud Green is stunning. The ambience of the villas, gardens, swimming pool, jacuzzi and spa are very relaxing and breathtakingly gorgeous. I promise you won't be disappointed if you stay here. It definitely has a WOW factor, especially Nehan Spa. It's gorgeous in there! Thank you Dani for taking such good care of me ;-)

I stayed in Bumi 4 for 3 nights and enjoyed every minute. It ticked all the boxes for me, in what I was looking for, and much more. A room with a jacuzzi was mainly what I searched for in planning my stay in Ubud and was originally booked into Surya 1 as I am only a solo traveller and figured I didn't need anything more. Unfortunately 'though, (or luckily for me) the jacuzzi in that room was out of order at the time so they very graciously upgraded me to Bumi 4. I was very happy then and I remember wondering why I hadn't booked a pool villa to begin with because not only does it have a jacuzzi but also a beautiful swimming pool out back. The Bumi Pool Villas however don't have a view of the rice fields but that didn't matter as I considered myself lucky enough already.

Thank you Ami, the lovely front office Manager ;-) for being so gracious and efficient, allowing me to thoroughly enjoy the rest of my stay when it could easily have gone the other way. Next time I will definitely book a Bayu Pool Villa so I can have it all (view, pool and jacuzzi) and for not that much more (cost) really...considering.

You know, if I were to have a little whinge at all, then it would to be that the absence of an intercom at the front door gets a little boring after a while because you can't hear the door bell from out the back. And if you do hear it then you'd have to walk all the way to the front to answer the door which can be a hassle if you happen to be in the pool or jacuzzi at the time. Of course this is only a little problem if like me you are a solo traveller who enjoys the novelty of room service. Speaking of which, unlike most other resorts, Ubud Green allows in-villa breakfasts, at no extra cost, so you don't "have to" attend the restaurant to have your "complimentary breakfast". Apart from a jacuzzi, that was another *tick on my criteria because I don't have breakfast till at least 10am when I'm on holidays and that's usually too late in most other resorts.

I took quite a few pictures of Ubud Green while I was there and even a video of Bumi 4 and I will show them to anyone who is planning a trip to Ubud in the future. I cannot hesitate to recommend Ubud Green as a great place to chill-out and will be very happy to stay there again.

I think the thing I like most about ubud Green is that it's a small resort with only 16 villas because I dislike staying in places that have hundreds of rooms. More importantly, for a small resort, Ubud Green is a top notch luxury resort, whose staff are very friendly, pay careful attention to detail and are conscientious about maintaining a "Green" environment.

I would like to extend my sincere gratitude to everyone, from airport pick-up to airport drop-off and everyone in between for making my stay in Ubud Green most enjoyable and relaxing. My batteries are now fully recharged and I'm ready to go back to work. :-))

Room Tip: Bumi 4 was excellent. Anything more would be a bonus.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights and loved the service and the peace and quiet. The staff were so friendly and helpful and the manager helped organise a couple of activities beyond the usual for us. The shuttle service to the centre of Ubud was useful and there was always a driver ready to collect us if we wanted to get back before the shuttle times. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Amazing hotel, well maintained, excellent restaurants with innovative and delicious breakfasts. It is a little distance from town however they provide free bicycles which are fantastic and also have a mini van on call which is easy to access for tourists as they give you a per programmed cell phone on check in.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Victoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Whether it was the drivers or the manager, the restaurant or the front of house staff, the cleaners or the masseurs, all the people at Ubud Green looked after us so well. Our villa was spacious and the pool a welcome relief after a hot day. The restaurant looks out over rice fields and the breakfasts were fresh and tasy. A modest walk or a short drive from the centre of Ubud, it's a great location away from the bustle of town. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Ubud Green? Share your experiences!