“Beautiful,” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 241 Specialty Lodging in Ubud
Zurich, Switzerland
“Beautiful,”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights at Ubud Green. We had initially booked a Aska room but after one night we changed for Bayu room as we wanted to chill out by the pool!
The staff was very friendly in welcoming us, they remembered our names during the stay and always greeted us with a smile.
Both rooms are very nice, they are modern with some balinese elements. We enjoyed the time spent in the rooms. The bed is big and very confortable, the bathroom has a shower and a bathtub. The AC works well and is quite silent. There is a safe.
The view from Bayu is great we really enjoyed the rice fields just in front of us. The view can also be enjoyed during breakfast as it is offered in the restaurant above the reception. There are 5-6 choices, each features a juice, hot bevrage and water. The portion are generous.

Although the hotel is not in the city center, we never had the impression of being far as there are shuttles and each guest has a mobile phone to request a car for pick up.

The whole atmosphere of the hotel is great, therefore we warmly recommand you Ubud Green.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

we took a holiday 'break' from our holiday (in nusa dua) and elected to stay at Ubud Green - it was an impulse but one we didn't regret - lovely stay and a place we have recommended to friends - what an attentive staff and a luxurious accommodation -

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Lovely small hotel in close to Ubud. The views are to die for and the rooms really comfortable. We had a two bedroom villa which was very nice and well equipped though it would not work for families with small children because they are not connected. The staff really friendly, little shuttle to take you to Ubud regularly. Spa very charming and really good value for money. The only improvement in my opinion would be the food which is much nicer elsewhere in town.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I recently went to Bali with my best friend and wanted to stay in a villa for at least part of my trip so I chose Ubud Green. To say that I was very impressed is putting it mildly. The hotel is a little far from Ubud center to walk (about a 1/2 a mile or so), but why walk. There is a shuttle every two hours that takes you to the center of town or the monkey forest.

I couldn't fault any aspect of the service, which is what I value most aside from cleanliness. Check-in was easy. Satia, at the front desk, is amazing! Sorry we didn't get to say goodbye. Satia gave us great restaurant suggestions, helped us book tours and was generally available to help with any of our questions and concerns. We were also given a personal cell phone to call the front desk, the butler or a driver (the driver would pick us up at any time from anywhere for $3).

We ate breakfast at the hotel (included with the room), which was better than I had anticipated (fruit, eggs, toast, bacon, muffins, etc.). You have the option of eating in the restaurant or having breakfast brought to your villa. I prefer having breakfast in the villa. We sat by the pool overlooking the rice fields and just leisurely ate and talked.

There is no communal pool - most rooms/villas have a small private plunge pool (and a separate outdoor jacuzzi. Fantastic. My Bayu villa was amazing. The rooms were nice. They had traditional Balinese touches mixed with the modern (flat screen tv, dvd player, etc.) You can take out free movies from the front desk, return before your departure. The private entrance to the Bayu villa leads to a private outdoor courtyard (with jacuzzi), off which three doors lead to rooms. Be mindful that there could be bugs as the courtyard is open-air.

We decided a little late in the day that we wanted to go to the elephant park, which is about an hour or so from the hotel. The front desk arranged to have one of the hotel cars take us to the park. Great and unforgettable service. They really went out of our way to make our vacation special. I highly recommend the Ubud Green.

I have given the Ubud Green 5 stars, because it was the perfect start to my Balinese vacation.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

The gorgeous rooms and views are surpassed only by the welcoming friendly staff.
The staff make one feel like family and do anything they can to make one's stay perfect.
The massages from the spa are the best in Ubud-after much research.
The hotel shuttle into Ubud town is very convenient

• Stayed July 2012
uae
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

First of all I have to say how wonderful and courteous the staff were. Always with a smile on their face and happy to cater for our requirements. We stayed in Bumi 2 and it is a delightful room and the visiting frog adds to the ambiance, but remember you are in the countryside and in a green villa so expect bugs and geckos and frogs.

The only downside to our trip was when it rained there is very little for young children to do here, but that is a minor point.

The General manager Kade is very friendly and seems to make a point of knowing the guest names and greeting each of them.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Booked this as a "secret" 5* on lastminute.com (also on wotif, I think), and was very impressed. Just too far from Ubud to walk (perhaps 1km), but the 2 hourly shuttle is very flexible. The hotel cars at $3 per trip to town are as cheap, if not more so, than a local taxi. This makes daily or twice daily trips to town for meals etc simple.
I stress this, since the food is a little mediocre in comparison with Ubud options, although the rooftop setting is nicer than most places in Ubud (but not all - see my Ubud bar reviews). A la carte Breakfast (included) is good, but not amazing, and is mainly western.
Apart from this aspect - I can hardly find any faults... And I can be picky! Flawless and helpful check-in service. Porter smiles as he unloads luggage. A mobile phone for each room, to allow you to book a pickup from Ubud, or ask your butler to bring breakfast to your room (Bayu has a separate dining room - other villas may do too). The latter option is a nice touch, but having taken advantage of it during my honeymoon, I actually preferred having breakfast in the restaurant - but that's maybe just a personal choice. There is no communal pool at all - most rooms/villas have a small private plunge pool (and a separate outdoor jacuzzi :) - but the pools are unheated.
My Bayu villa was amazing. But remember that the "Green" aspect of this place is more about traditional Balinese touches than the environment. For example, the private entrance to the Bayu villa leads to a private outdoor courtyard (with jacuzzi), off which three doors lead to rooms. Both bathrooms were fully air-conditioned from the main room unit, but there is a small opening to the roof above the showers, which gives access to insects and even a newt on one day. I like this kind of thing (I have stayed in places with outdoor showers before) - but be warned if you like to stay in clinically clean hotels - since the website doesn't let you know this.
I couldn't fault any aspect of the service, which is what I value most in a hotel. In fact, they allowed us to use our shower at 5pm on day of check-out, despite all rooms being fully booked, because of an expected late arrival. Hence, we interrupted their room cleaning to do so.
Overall, I have given this 5 stars, because it was an absolutely perfect end of honeymoon extravagance for me...

Room Tip: The Bayu villas all have balconies / private pools that overlook the paddy fields.