“Good treatment but facilities average” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tamarind Spa at Murni's Houses

Tamarind Spa at Murni's Houses
Jalan Raya - opposite Pura Dalem, at the aqueduct, up the ramp, Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
62 361 970923
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #33 of 272 activities in Ubud
Type: Spas
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Like most people Murni gets stressed, so she built a spa.She called it Tamarind Spa at Murni's Houses as it sits elegantly under a tamarind tree in a private, peaceful Balinese building in the charming, tranquil gardens of Murni's Houses. Murni has impeccable fine arts credentials and is passionate about the beauty of Balinese art. You will delight in every room and enjoy Murni's famous collection of Balinese and Asian works of art.She designed the spa around a unique concept, creating not just a relaxing healthy, healing experience but also an artistic experience.Tamarind Spa welcomes everyone with exquisite flowers, fountains, tranquil surroundings, soothing aromas and calming music, all served with a generous portion of Balinese hospitality. De-stress, tone up, heal aches and pains or simply, just pamper yourself. We are 5 minutes walk from the center of Ubud. You just go up the ramp opposite Pura Dalem on the main street of Ubud – left at the top and 2nd gate on the right. Please email for the Spa menu. There are a number of spa packages on the web site.
Tasmania
“Good treatment but facilities average”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I had a 3.5 hr treatment which included body massage, scrub, yoghurt body wrap, bath and facial. All treatments use natural ingredients which I really liked. The massage and facial were excellent but the treatment rooms/area is a bit average. It lacks atmosphere and feels a bit tired. No music or anything playing.
There was a lot of construction noise but I was warned prior and to be honest it didn't really phase me.
The staff are very friendly and I was well looked after but felt like the location/facilities lacked character and love.

Visited February 2013
Murni W, Owner at Tamarind Spa at Murni's Houses, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I'm glad that you really liked the treatments. I think the music must have been playing very softly when you were there. We have a sound system playing spa music in every room which can be individually adjusted in each room. If you are still in Bali, please come back and have a complimentary treatment so that you can hear it. Murni.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Spa Experience - highly enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I decided as we were staying at Murni's Houses to indulge in some spa treatments on Day two as the place was reviewed well and it was too close not to make it my first spa indulgence in Bali.

I had the full body massage, body exfoliation and yoghurt rubdown and relaxing bath followed by pedicure. My therapist provided me with a wonderfully relaxing treatment, my only issue was as with other reviewers the relaxing flower bath was not relaxing with the hammering and sawing that was part of the building of a new villa going on next door. You can't stop progress and Murni explained that the noise would only be in working hours - which was true but certainly could not make the atmosphere "relaxing". I was not bothered and nor was my friend who fell asleep after his full body massage - apparently not bothered by the building noise.
The staff were freindly, happy and very attentive - i enjoyed my three hour treatment immensely and especially when the bill was presented. By Australian standards my three hour treatment cost the equivalent of a one hour treatment in Australia.

Set in the quiet oasis Murni has created, its a relaxing, re-energising, indulgent experience and (apart from the building noise which should not go on forever) would be a spa treatment place worth visiting for pampering and relaxation.

Visited January 2013
Murni W, Owner at Tamarind Spa at Murni's Houses, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
I'm delighted that you enjoyed your three hour treatment immensely and that it cost the equivalent of a one hour treatment in Australia. That's great. I'm pleased that you were not bothered with the noise - which is finished now - the new Sawo Apartments are ready to rent. Murni
Tasmania
“Superb for romantic couples spa experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

We had the lovely romantic spa experience with massage, scrub, foot pa and facial. It was so relaxing and we both enjoyed it very much. The noise from he building site next door had abated somewhat, so it was not too intrusive. I would thoroughly recommend this for renewing the romance in your lfe f you have been together a long time. The staff are charming, professional and expert. The place was very clean and quite lovely.

Murni W, Owner at Tamarind Spa at Murni's Houses, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for visiting Tamarind Spa at Murni's Houses. I'm very pleased that it was superb and that you thoroughly recommend it. I hope that you can visit us again. Murni
perth
5 attraction reviews
“"Heavenly"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I had the full day care package at the serene spa "Tamarind:" Would have to be the best spa experience I have had, not only because I had the extended treatments delivered by a very skilled therapist (Dewi) but also due to the wonderful ambiance of the place and the thought put into the process of the delivery. By the end of the day I was asleep in the reclining chair in a deep state of relaxation.
I also liked the Tamarind tea and cookies and the refreshing pineapple and mint drink with my lunch.
Thank you "Tamarind Spa" for a wonderful experience.

Satisfied Sue :)

Visited January 2013
Murni W, Owner at Tamarind Spa at Murni's Houses, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for your review of your full day care package. I'm very happy that it was the best spa experience you have had and was heavenly. Hopefully you can come back. Murni
“All great but not relaxing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Months before my visit to Bali I looked for the best spa in Ubud and unfailingly Tamarind was coming up as the best rated.
We booked on 22nd December for my daughter and I for Balinese massage and foot reflexology for her and deep tissue massage and foot reflexology for me. After that we followed with exfoliation, rubdown and flower bath.
Unfortunately the highly experienced therapists,perfectly executed treatments and the beautiful surroundings did not compensate for the terrible building noise (I mean hammering, drilling, noise from angle grinders)
my room was changed, not for a quieter one and I was looking forward to leaving the place to escape the noise.
I was very surprised that we were not warned off and given the opportunity to book for another day or at least to be conditioned for the noise this day (I am assuming that this is not ongoing problem)
At the end when we filled the customer revue cards I've expressed my disappointment.To this day no one from the management had the courtesy to contact me to aknowledge or apologise for the spoilt experience.

Visited December 2012
Murni W, Owner at Tamarind Spa at Murni's Houses, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for your review and mentioning that the treatments were perfectly executed and the surroundings are beautiful. I am sorry about the noise last year. Our receptionist warned you about the noise on that particular day before you started the treatments and you said that you wanted to go ahead. We would have been happy to arrange another time or day. We also offered you headphones with spa music, which would have masked the noise completely, but you didn't want to use them. The therapists and receptionists both apologised to you and your daughter. I hope that you are able to come back and experience the place perfectly next time. Happy New Year! Murni