“Best tour guide in Bali!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #77 of 349 Activities in Ubud
More attraction details
Owner description: We're private guides and professional driver offering personal services here in Bali for different types of travelers. We have a friendly and experienced team who will make your holiday pleasant and enjoyable . Bali Private Tour & Team is ready to serve travelers to prepare their unforgettable holiday in Bali. The service ranges from bali mini tours packages, sightseeing tour, lowest prices for bali adventure, as well as other special interest arrangement.
Attleboro, Massachusetts
“Best tour guide in Bali!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

I have visited Bali numerous times and I have to say the best driver/guide I have ever experienced in all of Bali is Wayan Susana, www.wayantours,com. He is one of the most honest, sincere, and genuinely caring people I have ever met. He speaks English very well and is extremely knowledgeable about Bali and it's wonderful culture. He is able to source what ever it is you would like to experience while in Bali! Whether it be a significant historical landmark, a religious ceremony (make sure you take in a magnificent Balinese cremation while there), or the scrumptious food indigenous to Bali (don't miss the yummy chicken sate' or the incredible duck while there). Wayan is guaranteed to make sure your vacation to Bali is a total success and one you will never forget!!!

Visited August 2011
Ubudtours, Owner at Tour Bali Guide - Day Tours, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Happy Client Greeting from Tour Bali Guide Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Tripadvisor. We will always strive to provide the best service for customers !! We look forward to see again. Best Regards Wayan & Ngakan ( phone+62-8786-0897-502 Email : tourbaliguide@gmail.com )

“Ketut Mendra is certainly the Best Bali guide I have hired. I and my family and friends have used his services many times and h”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011 via mobile

I would highly recommend Ketut Mendra of wwwmbestbaliguide.com. He speaks English very well and is fun to be around. Always quick with a fun joke or interesting fact, its obvious he loves his island and his culture. He's very interested in other cultures and comparing the differences in a facinating way. I feel that Ketut has become a friend more than a guide during our times hiring him and I trust his opinion to suggest the perfect day in Bali. Hire him if you want to feel at ease with your vacation and want to just relax and enjoy Bali to the fullest....

Melbourne, Australia
15 attraction reviews
“Great value true local guide for Bali”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

The title really says it all.
I found I Ketut Mendra in an article in The Age (a Melbourne broadsheet newspaper) Traveller supplement.
He's Ubud born and bred and runs a little company which you can look at on www.bestbaliguide.com
He's not the cheapest but he's the best value and most knowledgeable I've had in my many trips to Bali.
He couldn't do enough for us and managed to show us more of Bali in one short week than we had seen in the previous five trips.
His cars are new 7 seaters and he charges A$66 for a 8-9 hour day.
Like I said, you can probably find cheaper but I doubt you will find a more honest and/or knowledgeable and/or well (English) spoken local to show you the real Bali.
We won't bother looking elsewhere in our future trips to Bali.

Visited August 2011
singapore
16 attraction reviews
“Great Driver who is fluent in English”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

After reading a review from an American tourist highly recommending visitors to Bali to hire Dewal for full day trips, I decided to give Dewal a try.
Dewal is fully fluent in English as he worked on the Disney Cruise in US for 6 yrs. Fluency in English is an important factor for us.
We hried Dewal to take us for a full day trip in Ubud.
Dewal picked my family up from Grand Hyatt Nusa Dua at 8.30am. It was a comfortable and rather new Toyota.
We first went to Batubulan Village to watch Barong Dance. To be honest, we didnt really know how to appreciate this Balinese dance.
We then proceeded to Celuk Art Village to see the silver smith.
After that, we went to Batuan Village to visit a traditional Balinese house.
It was interesting as we saw the owner cooking lunch in the kitchen and we saw a 24m deep well.
We were then driven to Tegallalang rice terrace. It is as beautiful as what you see in the post cards. You can have lunch here right at the terrace.
We then proceeded to have lunch. Lunch was ok but the view from our lunch place was fantastic as in front of us was the Batur volcano and Batur Lake.
The staff at Grand Hyatt told us that we should have had lunch at the best restaurant in Ubud - "ugly duck". Too late, we were only told of this after we got back.
After lunch, we visited a coffee plantation in Tampaksiring Village. We got to see how coffee beans is roasted and how these roasted coffee beans are then pound into powder.
In fact, they let us try out these 2 tasks.
It was also educational as we saw many different types of plants in this plantation including coffee, vanilla, ginger, cocoa, Indonesia snake fruit, lemongrass, citronella, tobacco etc.
We then had a chance to sample the civet cat coffee (their speciality), ginseng coffee, Bali coffee and Lemongrass tea. It was really relaxing to sit in the forested area to sample the coffee and tea.
Dewal knew that my kids, being city kids were quite keen to stop at the rice fields to go down and see what it's like, he stopped at a rice field even though it was not on the itinerary.
We got down and my kids managed to see how rice is grown, talk to the local famer and ran around the rice field. It was beautiful. We had really nice pictures taken at the rice fields.
Our last stop was the Ubud market.
on the way back to Nusa Dua, we were caught in a really bad traffic jam. We were stuck in traffic for abt 2 hours.
Overall, it was a good day out.
My husband paid Dewal Rup 100,000 more than what we had agreed on as he was very pleased with his service.
Dewal was patient and never rushed us.
So if you want to take a half day or full day tour in Bali, please do contact Dewal at +62 85 253 723375 or write to him at kandek2000@yahoo.com

Visited June 2011

Been to Tour Bali Guide - Day Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Tour Bali Guide - Day Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.