“Excellent Warung” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Brisbane, Australia
“Excellent Warung”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I've been to Ubud a few times and eaten at many different places. I have to say that Warung Semesta was very very good - I had dinner there 4 nights out of my 5 night stay. Good variety of choices (vegetarian and non vegetarian) and all the meals I had were delicious and very reasonably priced. We also couldn't stop at main dish ... had to have the coconut crème caramel most nights as it was excellent. The warung is clean, the food was fresh and delicious, the staff were friendly and helpful, and I think it is a "hidden gem".
Warung Semesta is situated in a quieter section of Monkey Forest Rd - on the less busy end of Monkey Forest Rd (close to where the road joins Hanoman Rd)

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
Vancouver, Canada
“Good food, good prices, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

This was my main dinner restaurant while in Ubud. Good selection of local dishes (didn't try any of the western food), reasonable prices, tasty, and service was friendly and prompt.While most restaurants in Ubud have friendly staff, the laid back lifestyle often means prompt is not something I often associated with Ubud restaurant service. Would highly recommend to fellow travellers.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Good food at very reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

They have a variety of fresh juices and I really enjoyed the dessert.. Caramel coconut and the chocolate crepes were very good. The sandwich was average and the Greek salad was a bit salty for my taste, but good value for price.

Sin
“Simple food with vegetarian selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

We came to Semesta Warung twice. Thought the food was simple and reasonably priced. Taste was not consistent though - food was too salty on the second visit. Staff are friendly and environment clean/quiet. Overall, would still recommend this place.

Ottawa, Canada
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

This place is my favourite in Ubud. The staff is so welcoming and kind, and a nice laid back atmosphere. I had a coconut, and this fettucini pasta dish with vegetables, spinach and feta cheese. Sooooo good. Then even though I was so full I tried their rice with coconut dessert. Alsl delicious. Wish I had time to go back here!

• Visited May 2014