“Lovely, fun experience” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Classes
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Expert silversmiths teach students how to fashion 10 grams of silver into jewelry.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Lovely, fun experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My sister and I did this course earlier this week and both loved it! Thanks to the help and advice of the staff we managed to produce between us a ring and pendant, which we were really pleased with. A really enjoyable and unforgettable experience- I would recommend to everyone! Thank you Chez Monique!

• Korean first
St Louis
“Great DIY souvenir”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Perfect for couples on honeymoon or anniversary. You can work on something together, and you'll end up with a beautiful piece and a great story. We highly reccommend it!

Briar Hill
13 attraction reviews
“Its a have to do!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

On our second visit to Bali we finally found this place and we so glad we did. Fabulous time design ing and making our ring and pendant. Wayan is a delight and his staff are great. Great value and a pretty good looking reminder of a memorable time.

Perth, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“You have to do this....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Having no artistic skill and no idea of what to expect, I was quite nervous about taking this on.....but what a fantastic experience ! The Chez Monique team helped me pick a design (and made sure that I was going to be able to handle it) and gave me all the information I needed to start. I picked quite a basic design but my partner picked an intricate and delicate design and we were both astounded at how great they came out with help from the Chez Monique team. There was always someone on hand to help and give guidance where needed and we have both walked away with a beautiful keepsake from our trip. I would recommend this to everyone.

Werribee, Australia
“Make your own Treasure to take home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

What an awesome creative time I had in this class with some other very friendly tourists.

Sunarta made us all feel so welcomed (group of 5). He is very friendly, kind & helpful along with 2 jewellery assistants.

The class starts with you looking through books for ideas if you don't know what to make which is a great idea. Your bound to find something you like from pendant, earrings & ring's etc.

Once picked, you draw your design on paper & your given a piece of silver to file, cut, bang, form into your desired shape.

You are shown how to cut, file etc but you are left to work on your own piece.... But don't worry if you get stuck or break a saw blade (I did twice) Sunarta & his team are there to fix things / help you when requried.

The only things you can't do is solder & polish your item. And fair enough too. These men are qualified in their craft & as an Amerture I was happy that is left to the professionals. You can certainly watch that process so you still feel part of the whole process.

You do work outside but there is shade from a balcony & trees. You are also given plenty of water (sealed bottles).

The workshop is on family compound & you'll enjoy the flowers, chickens, rosters & all the butterflies.

It really was idyllic. I totally enjoyed this class and hope to go back one day to make more jewellery. At least for now I have a fun piece I love hanging around my neck. A fun reminder of my trip to Bali.