“Beautiful family and creative workshop” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Classes
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Expert silversmiths teach students how to fashion 10 grams of silver into jewelry.
Adelaide, Australia
“Beautiful family and creative workshop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

The workshop was casual and I was able to make whatever I liked. The silversmith was on hand for the technical work and being welcomed into Sunarta and Monique's home was a privilege. We met fellow travelers who were also busy making jewellry to their own designs and had a truly wonderful experience!

• Korean first
Reading, United Kingdom
“What a day!! My newly wed wife and I loved this experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My wife checked this out on trip advisor while we were in Bali on our honeymoon.

I didn't think it was going to be as good as it was.

We first went to the the wrong address in town near some shops. this is the wrong address as we were told by some people working there. So the owner gave us a lift to the silver smith course.

You need to look at a good map to find the road. It looks like it is on the main road which leads to the main temple with all the people trying to sell tickets outside of. its the road to the right of it.

Really nice, peaceful and classically arts and craft moment. Made some excellent creations too.

Worth a visit if your in Ubud for a few days.!!

Visited June 2012
Aarhus, Denmark
12 attraction reviews
“Great experience! I Love my new ring!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I went to the silver smith class alone, but I still had a great time (great atmosphere!). There are hundreds of designs to choose from, and although not all of them are suitable for beginners, Sunarta can give advice on how to adapt them to your own level.

I had no idea about how silver jewellery is made, so cutting it myself, polishing and so on was a lot of fun! Sunarta and his assistans take care of the more tricky parts like soldering and the final polishing so the final result looks AMAZING. I'm really proud of my new ring!!

Totally recommended, regardless of how crafty you are. There are designs for all levels and tastes, so I'm sure you'll find something you can do. In my opinion, the rings with carvings are the easiest :)

This class costs 400.000 and you get 10g of silver. I've checked other places that cost 350.000, but there you only get 5g, so Chez Monique is clearly a better deal!

Boston, MA
5 attraction reviews
“Personalized attention with special momentos - who doesn't love silver jewelry?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This was such a find, thanks Tripadvisor! My sister and I were eagerly awaiting this activity. We arrived at Sunarta' house at our agreed upon time, and another couple was just finsihing up their designs. It didn't matter though, since Sunarta has so many designs to choose from (there are several binders full of designs), that it takes a while to make up your mind as to what you want to do. I chose to make a lotus flower necklace and my sister a tree of life design necklace. The tree was extremely time-consuming, as there were intricate cut-outs that needed to be done. My lotus flower was not as difficult but I did have trouble in imprinting the silver and carving the shape. You really do everything on your own! Sunurta and his helper teach you in making your dream design, and assist whenever you mess up (which happened several times to me), and they complete the product so that your chosen product looks professional! You can also personalize the jewelry by stamping the back. Such a great way to personalize your visit to Ubud/Bali!

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
12 attraction reviews
“fun with silver”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

My friend and I enjoyed our afternoon of designing and making our own silver jewellery. We had the most patient instructors and true feeling of accomplishment at the end, not to mention a sentimental and much loved piece of jewellery. Thanks for making this a wonderful experience! Danielle from Western Australia