We found this accommodation on the internet search and dispite having no reviews, we decided to book as the internet site was very well completed and the accommodation sounded beautiful. Communication between the owners or management was fantastic and we were always kept up to date.
We booked the bungalow as the rice barn was already booked. The location of this accommodation was perhaps the highlight of this propery, very close to the centre of Ubud but still amongst rice fields. Our bungalow had some farmers working right in front of the bungalow so we got a first hand look at how the farmers harvest the rice.
Upon arrival, we were blown away by the beauty of this place. The staff were incredibly welcoming and immediately started playing with my toddler and baby, keeping them amused. The staff are genuinely wonderful people, we felt immediately welcomed and nothing was a problem for them. Made was extremely humble and a gracious host, who was always eager and ready to assist in anyway possible. We sprung some last minute transfers on him and he handled it with ease and a genuine smile, the staff here is what makes this place so special.
We were taken to our bungalow and WOW - it is extremely gorgeous - like out of a magazine. Flowers placed everywhere, roses, frangapanis. Beautiful furnishings, dim beautiful lighting, surround sound system, LCD television, beautiful huge beds and gorgeous deep bath to soak in. Beutiful bali coffee and teas provided as well as toothbrushes, toothpaste, beuatiful smelling shampoos and conditioner and eco friendly mosquito repellent spray. We relaxed on the deck overlooking the rice fields and watched the fireflies in the fields.....so relaxing.
The breakfasts were AMAZING - the best we had in all the accommodation we had. Fresh bread from Bali Buddha, banana pancakes, asian inspired soup which was amazing - fruit platters, freshly roasted coffee, and the jam - delicious! One morning, our baby was asleep whilst we brought our toddler over to have breakfast and they bought our breakfast to the bungalow instead which was wonderful - nothing was a problem for them.
Each time we arrived or left the property, the staff would 'gong' the drum and smile and wave us goodbye. A beautiful touch that our toddler loved.
I would highly recommend this property, we had a lovely time and will definately be returning - especially for that hospitalitiy and wonderul breakfast, the beautiful bungalow and to see our new friends again ♥
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Kunang Kunang is an eco-friendly retreat set within an organic garden and encompassed by productive rice terraces. This inspiring property captures the gentle spirit of a village community. It has been named after the swarm of fireflies that flicker around the garden at night performing for travellers in a synchronised harmony. Villa Kunang Kunang features just two distinctive accommodations. The first is a two-story Traditional Rice Barn made completely from wood, bamboo and other sustainable materials. The second is an authentic Balinese Bungalow with a thatched rooftop and a shady terrace facing the rice fields. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with AsiaRooms, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Villa Kunang Kunang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Kunang Kunang Hotel Ubud
- Villa Kunang Kunang Ubud, Bali