“Really amazing food” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 461 Restaurants in Ubud
Cuisines: International, Asian, Indonesian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Doing business, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Singapore, Singapore
“Really amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I had the most amazing meals at this restaurant. Healthy, creative cuisine in a beautiful setting. Next time I'm in Bali I will make a point to return.

• Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kalgoorlie, Australia
“100 candle light dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We recently had the highlight of our Bali holiday here at the Samaya Swept Away restaurant.
The Mission was to create a special night for my twin sister to celebrate our Birthdays as we had not celebrated one together for the last 17 years. We live on different continents and only see each other every second year. So, I wanted to make a great surprise for her. Last minute changes saw my husband join us too and we made the most of it by celebrating our 15th anniversary as well.
Mission accomplished and we were so happy that we sent the following to the staff:

Dear Staff at Samaya Ubud,

Thank you very much for the great attention to detail and the delicious food we had on our special night.
Originally it was suppose to be a Surprise dinner for my twin sister as we do not see each other often, but it turned out to be much more.

Right from the start my emails with Ni Made made me feel very at ease, as I could see that everything would be very professionally handled.
When we arrived we were greeted by the Manager and Ni Made and we got treated like VIP’s.

The cocktails and entrées by the river gave us time to catch our breath and relax into the night to come.

The food was delish and the staff was very attentive, thank specially to Assri and Made who looked after us very well.

We will keep this night as a special memory forever and the great photos will help us to do so.

• Visited June 2013
Jakarta, Indonesia
“A quiet moment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I felt so happy being back in a tranquility with the sound of the water in the river. Indeed SWEPT AWAY offers something unique to experience the jungle, the river and the beautiful meals. I had the chef signature Beef Salad then follow the Pork Ribs and nice wine to go with the food and the serene jungle just give me a very nice feeling of the moment.
You can go for lunch or dinner.....either one you will have a different experience.
Nice place, good food and hardly to find a similar place like this.
Last but not least, the service is PERFECT and this goes the most to be rated numero UNO.

• Visited July 2013
Perth, Australia
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had the pleasure of experiencing the Seafood Barbeque with friends who were staying at the Samaya - a welcome relief after our awful experience at the Bali Rich Villas down the road. The setting was beautiful, the service was impeccable and the food was exquisite. A huge selection of local seafood which came out in 2 courses. There was more food than we could eat. An amazing evening, well worth the extra money for a fine dining experience.

Visited June 2013
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Great food and location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Very enjoyable food, good service and wonderful location. Although not cheap I felt we got good value, and thats all that really matters.

Visited June 2013