“Pretty great Mexican food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 431 Restaurants in Ubud
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Description: Taco Casa is casual, clean, simple, quick - friendly service restaurant and great value for money, serving fresh, delicious flavors of Mexico almost exactly on the opposite side of the globe. Our flour tortillas, guacamole, pico de gallo salsa, enchilada sauce, hot sauce, beans (black, pinto and refried beans), taco shells, corn chips, taco salad bowls and salad dressings are all made from scratch and contain no MSG or preservatives. Two locations: Ubud and Seminyak.
“Pretty great Mexican food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

I tried the chicken and beef quesadiillas on two different occassions. Both were great, tender flavorful meat. Guacamole was good, especially considering avocados are not in season. Salsa (aka pico de gallo) was tasty too. I had food delivered on one occasion and the service was fast! Great mexican food considering this isn't Mexico!

Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Ubud, Indonesia
“Mexican food in Ubud”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Fast service, excellent food, strategically located...
Wish if there would be one loud mexican live band with huge sambreros and loud guitars...:)
Highly recommended! Adios!

• Visited April 2013
Quezon City, Philippines
“The only mexican resto in Ubud!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This restaurant was just across our hotel so we decided to give it a try during our last day in Ubud. We got the nachos for appetizer. The nachos although is good for one was enough to satisfy both our cravings for nachos. My wife got the fajitas and i got the 8 layer wet burrito...and let me tell you, the burrito would have been enough to feed both of us. My tummy was about to burst and there was still a lot left on my plate!! In the end both me and my wife could not finish both our dishes as much as we wanted to. The taste was excellent and service was really good and friendly. The only bad point to our lunch here was that there was a really noisy customer who choose to sit beside our table and she was whining about her girlfriend and her life in general during the whole meal. So aside from the pathetic loser sitting beside us, the restaurant is worth the visit.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Excellent and good Mexican taste”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

A Mexican restaurant in Indonesia what to expect ?

I can tell you it was really good having travelled all over the globe including Mexico.
The restaurant is quite small in set up with lovely friendly staff. The menu is simple good Mexican food what I would expect from a place like this. Prices are low and all the different dishes we ordered were very tasteful and of good quality of ingredients. Nice Mexican taste !

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent Mexican food in Bali”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Though Mexican food is not native for me, I do tend to have cravings every few weeks. Yesterday was one of those days, and I'm really glad Taco Casa was around. We ordered the crispy tacos and chicken enchilladas, and neither disappointed. The staff and service was great, and the place has a very cozy feeling that doesnt make the wait seem long. We'd definitely go again